The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Is Paedophilla always wrong? Should it be legalised?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Anybody who thinks that sexual attraction to children of any age range as 'merely just a thought' is fine, then you need to seriously reconsider.
Original post by JD1lla
Anybody who thinks that sexual attraction to children of any age range as 'merely just a thought' is fine, then you need to seriously reconsider.

We weren't saying it was. But unlike Cherie Amour and that girl with the funny face won't accept, it is an attraction that does not necessarily get acted upon.
Reply 102
Since molesting a child or owning materials derived from child molestation is illegal, paedophillia is pretty much illegal.

It is difficult to imagine many adherents not acting on their sexual needs when it is so easy to satisfy them.

It should probably be treated as a mental illness above all though. Is there proof it is one?
Prsom.

Why is that proving so hard for some people to understand?
Original post by elliemayxo
I was wondering this too, I don't even want to see it pop up anymore. It's made me so mad! Urgh. I wouldn't trust any of these people. Vile.

:s-smilie: lol

Original post by driftawaay
Ouch we hit a nerve. :frown:

What is your issue? I calmly disagree with you, try doing the same and not being a child.
Original post by elliemayxo
I was wondering this too, I don't even want to see it pop up anymore. It's made me so mad! Urgh. I wouldn't trust any of these people. Vile.

That madness is something called cognitive dissonance. It's perfectly normal and you should just let the logic rain its potent droplets right over you.
Original post by Cherie Amour

What is your issue? I calmly disagree with you, try doing the same and not being a child.

There is nothing to disagree with, I just provided you with the facts. It is not a matter of opinion. Trying to act superior by saying things like 'try doing the same and not being the child' is not going to hide the fact that your argument has been dismissed, it makes you sound like a child and not a very intelligent one. I thought you were leaving the thread out of rage anyway?
Paedophilia is not illegal as you cannot criminalise thoughts and desires, unless 1984 becomes a reality. Acting upon such desires is disgusting and should stay illegal, but I do think more needs to be done to help people that are have these thoughts and desires because it is a mental disorder, society would be safer for children if these people would get treatment.
I find it hard getting past the idea anyone would have any sort of sexual desires towards children.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Cherie Amour

It usually takes trolls quite a while to go downhill in these kind of threads. Congratulations, you lost all credibility the second you posted 'submit' on your first post.
Wow, self-righteous plonkers everywhere.

Love is love, sexual attraction is sexual attraction, whatever the age. I'm sick to death of all these morons who believe all paedophiles are closet Jimmy Savilles who want to abuse their authority as adults over children. They are not! But at the same time, rape and molesting children, or anyone really, is wrong.

I understand all these concerns that paedophiles might one day end up abusing the kid they're into, but let's be adults about this shall we? If an adult loves an under 11 romantically, then by definition they should want to protect and satisfy said child as well as themselves, and at the same time they should be aware groping/sexual assaults are illegal in this country. Paedophilia is something that occurs to people naturally, like homosexualiy, and does not make somebody a raving lunatic. Therefore, by that logic, there should be straight up men/women who the child would be safe with, despite being paedophiles. In fact, one of the most common and more pressing problem children face is domestic violence. If you really want to save more children, rather than trying to demonize every single paedophile out there, save the kids from their parents first, please.

So to sum up, I don't think paedophilia is wrong but believe rape and molesting is. Since children can't give consent without parent's permission for anything, parents themselves are more suitable to have this discussion that's currently being done rather than by childless nincompoop s.
Original post by callum_law
That madness is something called cognitive dissonance. It's perfectly normal and you should just let the logic rain its potent droplets right over you.

LMAO :colondollar:
Without paedophilia, would we have sexual child abuse?
Original post by mr.purplelambkin
Wow, self-righteous plonkers everywhere.

Love is love, sexual attraction is sexual attraction, whatever the age. I'm sick to death of all these morons who believe all paedophiles are closet Jimmy Savilles who want to abuse their authority as adults over children. They are not! But at the same time, rape and molesting children, or anyone really, is wrong.

I understand all these concerns that paedophiles might one day end up abusing the kid they're into, but let's be adults about this shall we? If an adult loves an under 11 romantically, then by definition they should want to protect and satisfy said child as well as themselves, and at the same time they should be aware groping/sexual assaults are illegal in this country. Paedophilia is something that occurs to people naturally, like homosexualiy, and does not make somebody a raving lunatic. Therefore, by that logic, there should be straight up men/women who the child would be safe with, despite being paedophiles. In fact, one of the most common and more pressing problem children face is domestic violence. If you really want to save more children, rather than trying to demonize every single paedophile out there, save the kids from their parents first, please.

So to sum up, I don't think paedophilia is wrong but believe rape and molesting is. Since children can't give consent without parent's permission for anything, parents themselves are more suitable to have this discussion that's currently being done rather than by childless nincompoop s.

I love how everyone always points out how 'pedophilia is natural like homosexuality' but nobody ever says 'pedophilia is natural like heterosexuality'

Secondly, pedophiles do not like children romantically. They like them sexually. They want to **** children, not marry them and have intellectual conversations with them about the theory of relativity.

Also, what are you talking about? 'They would want to protect and satisfy that child?' Are you saying they want to protect those children and **** them and give them an orgasm at the same time? Really? How noble of them.

So because we don't have children we aren't qualified to discuss pedophilia? Because parents are qualified and they would have a different opinion to those who don't have children? No parent would ever leave their child with someone who was known as a pedophile unless the parents were pedophiles themselves.

You need help. I think I just spotted a pedophile. Get help.
Original post by jido
Since molesting a child or owning materials derived from child molestation is illegal, paedophillia is pretty much illegal.

It is difficult to imagine many adherents not acting on their sexual needs when it is so easy to satisfy them.

It should probably be treated as a mental illness above all though. Is there proof it is one?

Just because are a pedophile doesn't mean that you are going to molest a child. Same as having rapist thoughts wouldn't make you a criminal, until you act on your thoughts.
Reply 114
Original post by Moonstruck16
We weren't saying it was. But unlike Cherie Amour and that girl with the funny face won't accept, it is an attraction that does not necessarily get acted upon.

There were a few replies saying something along the lines of "as long as you don't act upon it"

Well, no, that still doesn't make it okay.
Original post by JD1lla
There were a few replies saying something along the lines of "as long as you don't act upon it"

Well, no, that still doesn't make it okay.

Deep down, I'm not ok with it but in the end the person can't help it. As long as they don't act upon it, I won't judge them for something out of their control. That would make me a hypocrite and could arguably drive them over the edge if they were treated in a negative way.
I think people are getting confused with what many posters are saying on this tread. Paedophiles are attracted to children, and yes that is gross. HOWEVER, their thoughts are natural and they cannot control what they are sexually attracted to. This does not mean they will go and act upon such desires, and I think that is where people are getting a bit muddled. A paedophile is someone that is attracted to children, and that is it. Thus, being a paedophile cannot be criminalised, but acting on desires can be ofc.
Reply 117
Original post by Moonstruck16
Deep down, I'm not ok with it but in the end the person can't help it. As long as they don't act upon it, I won't judge them for something out of their control. That would make me a hypocrite and could arguably drive them over the edge if they were treated in a negative way.

Imagine your neighbor come up to you and say they are sexually attracted to your younger sister/brother or even your son/daughter. Your response would not be "oh, that's fine, I won't judge you. Just don't act on it and we're all good pal!"

It's a mental disorder. It's harrowing. I'm not talking about a person here, I'm talking about a condition. The condition or thoughts are not normal, and no pedophile should ever be told that his/her thoughts are 'normal' or 'acceptable' or 'don't worry, you cannot control it!'. They need to be treated.
Original post by driftawaay
There is nothing to disagree with, I just provided you with the facts. It is not a matter of opinion. Trying to act superior by saying things like 'try doing the same and not being the child' is not going to hide the fact that your argument has been dismissed, it makes you sound like a child and not a very intelligent one. I thought you were leaving the thread out of rage anyway?

I'm not in a rage. I never swore or CAPS or insulted or put up ! marks. You did. And if you quote me then I will be back in the thread, genius.
That being said, yes I am over arguing the meaning of something very simple.
personally, as the OP I don't like nonces and think paedophillia is messed up..

Latest

Trending

Trending