The Student Room Group

Would Muslim nations take in Western English refugees if roles were reversed?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The Dictator
All human beings do things for their own self-interest, and long may we in the West continue doing so. You are just spreading anti-Western propaganda.

It's pretty clear that your Muslim parents have brainwashed the hell out of you. A common case.

You are not a rational human being, therefore I can disregard anything you have to say...

My parents aren't Islamic. What's your point? lol.

Well, there is a thing called Humanity and compassion. It's basically when you help others in their time of need. I'm afraid you don't seem to feel this.

A bit hypocritical don't you think:

Rational: based on or in accordance with reason or logic.

You have failed to demonstrate both. Try again. :smile:
Original post by Chrysippus
have you experienced that then?

I have relatives that are in trouble and in a similar situation.

Do you think you have to experience what refugee's are experiencing in order to have an ounce in humanity in you? :smile:
Original post by NaTaLiiA513
My parents aren't Islamic. What's your point? lol.

Well, there is a thing called Humanity and compassion. It's basically when you help others in their time of need. I'm afraid you don't seem to feel this.

A bit hypocritical don't you think:

Rational: based on or in accordance with reason or logic.

You have failed to demonstrate both. Try again. :smile:

Compassion is not a good quality. It leads to the weakening of the human race. Just look at us in modern times. Most of us here int he West would sooner keel over/kill one of our own for the sake of an animal than work on preserving the human race. Compassion is really just self-immolation.
I have relatives that are in trouble and in a similar situation.

Do you think you have to experience what refugee's are experiencing in order to have an ounce in humanity in you? :smile:

so that's a "no" then

of course not, but you said you pity those who "have never really experienced anything as awful as being forced to flee from their homeland and losing loved ones along the way," so you must pity yourself
Compassion is not a good quality. It leads to the weakening of the human race. Just look at us in modern times. Most of us here int he West would sooner keel over/kill one of our own for the sake of an animal than work on preserving the human race. Compassion is really just self-immolation.

Has anyone ever told you that you would be great at writing Dystopian fiction?

I can just imagine it. Set in post-apocalyptic Britain, The Dictator is living peacefully in his Condo as he watches the world around him burn. "It doesn't concern me" he says.

He continues munching on the Lemon Basil Vegetarian Lasagne his mother cooked for him a few hours ago.

:colondollar: I think that would be a best seller.
Has anyone ever told you that you would be great at writing Dystopian fiction?

I can just imagine it. Set in post-apocalyptic Britain, The Dictator is living peacefully in his Condo as he watches the world around him burn. "It doesn't concern me" he says.

He continues munching on the Lemon Basil Vegetarian Lasagne his mother cooked for him a few hours ago.

:colondollar: I think that would be a best seller.

You gave me an idea >:smile:

And of course the world around us should be our concern. Hence why foreign intervention is necessary, but you hate that because of those poor Muslims who inevitably die.
Original post by Chrysippus
so that's a "no" then

of course not, but you said you pity those who "have never really experienced anything as awful as being forced to flee from their homeland and losing loved ones along the way," so you must pity yourself

Ah, must have missed out a word. Thank for informing me of my mistake. What I really meant to say is that I pity those who have never really experienced anything as awful as being forced to flee from their homeland and losing loved ones along the way and yet they don't have any sympathy. :smile:
Ah, it's a disappointed to see that hate is still in your heart. Islamophobia at it's finest.

Yet, many Muslims are target practice for Israel, USA and UK.

Yeah they're called terrorists
You gave me an idea >:smile:

And of course the world around us should be our concern. Hence why foreign intervention is necessary, but you hate that because of those poor Muslims who inevitably die.

Oh you! You just love to flatter me! :fan:

No, I'm against unlawful bombing of innocent civilians and parties that do things for their own selfish gain and use "helping" as an excuse. Why won't USA/UK help the Palestinians? I think they need help more than ever. :redface:
Original post by Schrödingers Cat
Yeah they're called terrorists

Does using a slingshot and a stone against a 30 year odd Israeli with a machine gun class as being a terrorist?
Original post by Catholic_
What do you think?

To be honest, I've never seen minorities do much for any other group then their own. Whether it's complaining about issues or encouraging developments to improve others.

Their culture is very much different to Western culture on values, tolerance and acceptance. They have more of a tribal focus and view and even often defend someone of their culture if they're wrong, just because they're the same colour. I don't find them generous, giving cultures at all. In all honesty all they do is make demands in my eyes and literally have no interest in giving anything back.

Would all the UK Muslims as well be urging their beloved Pakistan, Bangaldesh etc, to take in migrants do you think?

Im a British Asian born and raised here, The south asian countries are full with corruption. personally answering your question I would take in western english refugees and for me I see everyone as human and believe we are supposed to help each other and make the world better and safe for everyone
(edited 8 years ago)
Does using a slingshot and a stone against a 30 year odd Israeli with a machine gun class as being a terrorist?

I was saying the Muslims were terrorists btw so they should have been killed.

Not sure what point you're trying to make
Pakistan and Turkey hold the most refugees in the world . Your argument is now destroyed.
I'm quite disappointed in Saudi Arabia. They refuse to even let MUSLIMS in, let alone westerners.

why 'even muslims'? why cant islamic countries view ppl as human beings instead of their faiths?

You could argue that compassion is WHY we are here. The reasons WHY humans can survive so well is partially down to our ability to look after one another and care for one another. We're natural team players. We are naturally compassionate. Unlike you it appears. The person who'd lack compassion would soon find themselves out of a group and they'd be defending themselves against a lion all by themselves.

Sure you be that guy. You be that guy who has to defend himself against the lion all by himself. Don't then complain that the rest of us have compassion
What do you think?

To be honest, I've never seen minorities do much for any other group then their own. Whether it's complaining about issues or encouraging developments to improve others.

Their culture is very much different to Western culture on values, tolerance and acceptance. They have more of a tribal focus and view and even often defend someone of their culture if they're wrong, just because they're the same colour. I don't find them generous, giving cultures at all. In all honesty all they do is make demands in my eyes and literally have no interest in giving anything back.

Would all the UK Muslims as well be urging their beloved Pakistan, Bangaldesh etc, to take in migrants do you think?

Have you lived in a Muslim country and been part of their culture?
I don't think so because your statement about the tribal focus is absolutely false.

You surely do need to check your facts. Pakistan has one of the largest refugee intake! This is commendable considering that it's a third world country with limited resources whereas the so called 1st world countries are ignoring the recent crisis!
Secondly, you said these cultures aren't generous? According to a report on the BBC, Muslims in Britain donate the highest amount of money averagely person than people of other faith. And this wasn't just to help other muslims, it was also for helping people with other religions.
Thridly the Muslim religion and culture commands Muslims to be helpful regardless of race, religion and culture and discrimination in such matters is highly discouraged.

Please don't make assumptions if you're unaware of basic facts. Tbh it's not your fault, most people in the western world are told about the atrocities that their country faced but they are never told about all the bad things they did and are still doing to most of the eastern muslim countries.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So we should continue to be a dhimmi and do for others which they do not do for us to just say 'we are better'?

Sounds worth it....

Furthermore, it doesn't make us 'better' it makes us weak considering they'll use these views against our generations once they settle here - are you not seeing that with Global Islamism in Western Europe?

We already have a refugee status going on under the noses of everybody; it's called white flight.

lol. You're a catholic. You should be agreeing with him. Forget everything they taught you in catholic school?
Original post by The_Internet
You could argue that compassion is WHY we are here. The reasons WHY humans can survive so well is partially down to our ability to look after one another and care for one another. We're natural team players. We are naturally compassionate. Unlike you it appears. The person who'd lack compassion would soon find themselves out of a group and they'd be defending themselves against a lion all by themselves.

Sure you be that guy. You be that guy who has to defend himself against the lion all by himself. Don't then complain that the rest of us have compassion

That is less because of compassion, more because of an evolutionary survival mechanism which induces feelings of caring for other human beings, but more for our own self-interest.
Original post by Schrödingers Cat
I was saying the Muslims were terrorists btw so they should have been killed.

Not sure what point you're trying to make

I was not referring to the terrorists I was talking about Muslims who are being killed by Israel, Uk and the USA.

What's your point? :h:

It's dangerous to call Muslims terrorists.
Original post by Reformed
why 'even muslims'? why cant islamic countries view ppl as human beings instead of their faiths?

those countries aren't really islamic at all, just ruled by some families for life who think they are better then everyone else

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending