The Student Room Group

Would Muslim nations take in Western English refugees if roles were reversed?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PrinceAli
Pakistan and Turkey hold the most refugees in the world . Your argument is now destroyed.

Finally someone said it! Thankyou! I said the exact same thing! Most people just come to such forums pretending to have really strong opinions on things but in reality they don't even have their facts sorted!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Reformed
why 'even muslims'? why cant islamic countries view ppl as human beings instead of their faiths?

I can't speak for Saudi Arabia. Like I said, I'm disgusted that they refuse to do this, even to people of their own religion.

I included faith in to this to counter people on this thread that said Muslim countries only accept "their own".
Original post by The Dictator
That is less because of compassion, more because of an evolutionary survival mechanism which induces feelings of caring for other human beings, but more for our own self-interest.

Doesn't sound so selfish to me:

http://greatergood.berkeley.edu/article/item/the_compassionate_instinct

and:

[video="youtube;SsWs6bf7tvI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsWs6bf7tvI[/video]

So what you're saying is you're less evolved? OK?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by NaTaLiiA513
I was not referring to the terrorists I was talking about Muslims who are being killed by Israel, Uk and the USA.

What's your point? :h:

It's dangerous to call Muslims terrorists.

Right?

It's dangerous to call the Muslims in Syria and Iraq terrorists? The Muslims who are raping children and women and beheading innocent people? :eyeball:
Reply 84
of course not
they would kill us instead
Original post by Pikachu94
those countries aren't really islamic at all, just ruled by some families for life who think they are better then everyone else

which countries are islamic then.

the royal family rules - their laws are set by councils of islamic scholars
Original post by Schrödingers Cat
Right?

It's dangerous to call the Muslims in Syria and Iraq terrorists? The Muslims who are raping children and women and beheading innocent people? :eyeball:

call them extremists, religion shouldn't be forced on a person
they are also attacking muslims too who don't agree with their views
Right?

You really think the refugees fleeing from Syria are terrorists who rape children and women?

First off, Islam forbids rape of women and children but that's a different topic.

It's dangerous to label Muslims terrorist. Do not generalise the majority because of a minority.
Original post by Reformed
which countries are islamic then.

the royal family rules - their laws are set by councils of islamic scholars

honestly i don't think any country is truly islamic
and tbh even if rules are set the corruption overwrites it
people still break them
like many of those royalists gamble and drink despite calling themselves muslim
Original post by The_Internet
Doesn't sound so selfish to me:

http://greatergood.berkeley.edu/article/item/the_compassionate_instinct

So what you're saying is you're less evolved? OK?

:rofl:

I really shouldn't laugh because of the seriousness of the topic but...

Spoiler

people still break them

or partying on French beaches with their 1000 person entourage *cough* King Salman.
I don't see the rich arab counties doing it considering they won't even take in muslims. It'll probably be the secular countires like India.

Edit: I think turkey, Lebanon and Jordan would also take people.
(edited 8 years ago)
people still break them

Who cares if they indenture Filipino workers and force then to life in abominable conditions until they drop down dead of exhaustion meh, they drink and gamble now that's so haram.
Original post by MrKmas508
Who cares if they indenture Filipino workers and force then to life in abominable conditions until they drop down dead of exhaustion meh, they drink and gamble now that's so haram.

yes my friend that too they are truly evil
they have too much money and it has made them blind to humanity
Original post by Catholic_
What do you think?

To be honest, I've never seen minorities do much for any other group then their own. Whether it's complaining about issues or encouraging developments to improve others.

Their culture is very much different to Western culture on values, tolerance and acceptance. They have more of a tribal focus and view and even often defend someone of their culture if they're wrong, just because they're the same colour. I don't find them generous, giving cultures at all. In all honesty all they do is make demands in my eyes and literally have no interest in giving anything back.

Would all the UK Muslims as well be urging their beloved Pakistan, Bangaldesh etc, to take in migrants do you think?

this is nonsense India has a long history of taking in refugees: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refugees_in_India

Also, most of the Syrian refugees are being taken in by Turkey, Lebanon and Jordan.
You really think the refugees fleeing from Syria are terrorists who rape children and women?

First off, Islam forbids rape of women and children but that's a different topic.

It's dangerous to label Muslims terrorist. Do not generalise the majority because of a minority.

I wasn't saying Muslims are terrorists, I was saying those Muslims were terrorists.

Obviously saying Muslims are terrorists as a standalone statement is dumb

call them extremists, religion shouldn't be forced on a person
they are also attacking muslims too who don't agree with their views

Well religion is a massive factor so I think it's important to say
(edited 8 years ago)
I was saying Muslims are terrorists, I was saying those Muslims were terrorists.

Obviously saying Muslims are terrorists as a standalone statement is dumb

Rephrase that. You're contradicting yourself.
yes my friend that too they are truly evil
they have too much money and it has made them blind to humanity

There are thousands of reasons to dislike Arab leaders but drinking and gambling are not in the top hundred.
Well given that the dominant religion in Turkey, the nation that has taken several orders of magnitude more than we've begrudgingly taken in, is Islam we certainly can't discount the possibility that they would.
Rephrase that. You're contradicting yourself.

Wasn't*

They were Muslim extremists*

Happy?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending