The Student Room Group

Predicted A*AA from CEE

Basically my friend got CEE and in my school, predicted grades is a one on one discussion pupil-student agreement. He said hes gonna resit everything and vastly improve. Is this generous from my school?
Reply 1
Yeah but in the long run it won't help anyone. If he falls below those grades your school will suffer as the universities will know how much they inflate the predicted grades by. Likewise your friend is selling himself dreams. Not to say it can't be done however.
Original post by SCAR H
Basically my friend got CEE and in my school, predicted grades is a one on one discussion pupil-student agreement. He said hes gonna resit everything and vastly improve. Is this generous from my school?

Very generous and unlikely to be believed ...
Reply 3
Original post by Muttley79
Very generous and unlikely to be believed ...

With good reference?
Reply 4
Oh man not this thread again.....
Reply 5
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3551483

guys this troll type of thread has already been made^
Original post by SCAR H
With good reference?

I'd be very sceptical unless there was a very good reason [seriuos illness, death of a close family member] and GCSEs were all A*s.

THere is no point making predictions students have no chance of making - unis know which schools over-predict.
Wish my school did that :biggrin:
Reply 8
Slap some sense into whoever gave that. ... -.-

It's hard enough to move 1 grade up let alone THAT!
Original post by SCAR H

No admissions tutor is likely to believe that. :/ There's a reason most schools have a policy of never predicting more than one grade higher than what you got at AS: it gives them a bad reputation if their predictions prove to be far higher than what was actually achieved. I mean, if somebody was predicted AAA and ended up with A*AB, that can be written off as an honest mistake but predicting A*AA for somebody who got CEE at AS is pushing it over the edge.

He should try anyway but he shouldn't be too surprised if universities don't take it seriously.

Quick Reply

Latest