The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by little_wizard123
Worrying about deposits was always a nightmare too. Prefer going bills included because it just simplifies things.

Next task is to buy a place in London. I'm careful with money at the best of times.

Letting agents are ****ing vultures. Was awful in Cardiff, there are so many students which means they'll always be demand, no matter how **** the supply is. And students are easy pickings in general too. One of my old landlords tried to withold the entire deposit for a minor cleaning job ffs :lol: (we picked him up on it and got a bit dickish and he gave the full amount back pretty sharpish)

I never particularly cared about the quality of the house, heard a coupleof horror stories but in general it doesn't matter too much if you're living with your mates and having a laugh. Any interaction with letting agents always pissed me off though.
FIFA's a video game, guys.
Original post by Captain Obvious

Just saw some video of a guy who suffered a pretty massive knee injury. ACL, PLC, LCL Hamstring tendon, IT band tears, and MCL sprain and other stuff. Amazes me that people can actually recover from stuff like that to the point of playing sports again.
First day back at uni and we were mucking about on the astro. Guy slipped over and dislocated his knee. So disgusting. There were loads kids coming over to see it and were still kicking the ball around so close to him. I'd have hunted them down if that was me on the floor screaming.
First day back at uni and we were mucking about on the astro. Guy slipped over and dislocated his knee. So disgusting. There were loads kids coming over to see it and were still kicking the ball around so close to him. I'd have hunted them down if that was me on the floor screaming.

:laugh:

Not seen anything like that but saw a team mate go for a header just on the edge of the box as an opponent tries the bicycle kick. The sound of the impact and the blood pissing everywhere was one of them "OOOOOH!" moments. A sight to behold.
London folks...

For a decent flat*, roughly what salary would I need to be comfortable? Just a ballpark figure. Can't give an exact location but chances are it'd be have to be commutable to Westminster or thereabouts.

*Not expecting too much, but would be nice to have the bedroom, bathroom and kitchen/lounge as separate rooms :colonhash:
Original post by Mackay

Does that mean we can't discuss it like little nerds? :tongue:

In fairness I do get a little too worked up about it though. I guess I just get a little insulted to see the team I support get rated so poorly every season :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Who even goes Liverpool? I hardly go United. Both are poverty in the game. :biggrin:
Original post by Louis.
London folks...

For a decent flat*, roughly what salary would I need to be comfortable? Just a ballpark figure. Can't give an exact location but chances are it'd be have to be commutable to Westminster or thereabouts.

*Not expecting too much, but would be nice to have the bedroom, bathroom and kitchen/lounge as separate rooms :colonhash:

That's where I work :holmes: what are you doing?

£25k is comfortable imo. Must be about £1,600 a month taking off tax and student loan. Rent about £700-£1000 in the surrounding areas. Go south and it's towards the cheaper value. I was renting in Kennington for £700 including bills, and that's two stops from Embankment. One bedroom flat will be £1000+ plus though so I'd say you'd want £28-30k +.

I'm in completely the same situation. No ****ing clue what to do.

Original post by Lúcio
Does that mean we can't discuss it like little nerds? :tongue:

In fairness I do get a little too worked up about it though. I guess I just get a little insulted to see the team I support get rated so poorly every season :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't support a poor team then. Benteke lucky to be an 82 over an 81. Not sure what's happened there.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Rk2k14
Who even goes Liverpool? I hardly go United. Both are poverty in the game. :biggrin:

I'm stupidly loyal...

It's always Liverpool in general.
Barca if I want to cheat with the best players and a load of money.
York City if I want to be a lower league side building my way up through the ranks :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Don't support a poor team then. Benteke lucky to be an 82 over an 81. Not sure what's happened there.

Teams go up and down; maybe once we get a decent manager we'll start to come back and eventually be a 5 star team again?
A man can dream :tongue:

I'm more puzzled that Sturridge didn't take a major hit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Louis.
London folks...

Anywhere zone 3 that's not west London.
Also 20k+ is calm £1000 a month for a flat share of some sort.
Original post by Lúcio
Teams go up and down; maybe once we get a decent manager we'll start to come back and eventually be a 5 star team again?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why would Sturridge take a major hit when Tevez e.g. took no hit from FIFA 12 to FIFA 13?
That's where I work :holmes: what are you doing?

£25k is comfortable imo. Must be about £1,600 a month taking off tax and student loan. Rent about £700-£1000 in the surrounding areas. Go south and it's towards the cheaper value. I was renting in Kennington for £700 including bills, and that's two stops from Embankment. One bedroom flat will be £1000+ plus though so I'd say you'd want £28-30k +.

I'm in completely the same situation. No ****ing clue what to do.

It's not for anything specific just yet, but I'm in politics so I'll almost certainly have to be near a parliament. Devolved bodies are fine for now but unless there's growth soon I'll hit a ceiling eventually (jobs are much more limited and being English is a bit of a disadvantage), so I'm wondering about the logistics of making the jump a bit earlier. I feel like if you're gonna do London then your 20s is the time to do it.

Was £700 living with someone? Or shared accom? If I move alone I was imagining 30k or so tbh :yy:

Original post by jam277
Anywhere zone 3 that's not west London.
Also 20k+ is calm £1000 a month for a flat share of some sort.

20k feels low, are you sure? :beard:
Original post by Lúcio

Posted from TSR Mobile

If a player hasn't played due to injury, you can't really justify reducing the stats significantly. Need to wait for them to come back. Depends how badly it's affected him.
Original post by Louis.
It's not for anything specific just yet, but I'm in politics so I'll almost certainly have to be near a parliament. Devolved bodies are fine for now but unless there's growth soon I'll hit a ceiling eventually (jobs are much more limited and being English is a bit of a disadvantage), so I'm wondering about the logistics of making the jump a bit earlier. I feel like if you're gonna do London then your 20s is the time to do it.

Was £700 living with someone? Or shared accom? If I move alone I was imagining 30k or so tbh :yy:

20k feels low, are you sure? :beard:

20k is obviously not enough, especially with a £1k flat. Virtually no money to spend.

£700 was a house share. I'm really tempted by a two bedroom flat but everybody I know already has a place :mad:
Original post by Fizzel
Fair points.
Prick, you know full well what you just did.
Must admit I did enjoy the part where you nearly went full Lucio though.

GOMD *****, I didn't do anything of the sort
20k is obviously not enough, especially with a £1k flat. Virtually no money to spend.

£700 was a house share. I'm really tempted by a two bedroom flat but everybody I know already has a place :mad:

Hmm. I'll give it some thought, cheers for the tips :yy:
Original post by Louis.
Hmm. I'll give it some thought, cheers for the tips :yy:

Just having a look at one bedroom flats in London myself. If you don't want to share a flat, £1000 is the absolute minimum. These prices are scary, and I've lived in London the last year :/

Latest