The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pimped Butterfly
Prick, you know full well what you just did.
GOMD *****, I didn't do anything of the sort
Don't know what you're talking about.
Original post by little_wizard123
Just having a look at one bedroom flats in London myself. If you don't want to share a flat, £1000 is the absolute minimum. These prices are scary, and I've lived in London the last year :/

Yeah it's not healthy. Such a powerful place pricing so many people out really doesn't do the country any good. London's potential is massive but it's not being harnessed correctly atm.
Original post by Fizzel
Don't know what you're talking about.

Poor revenge, you spent more time on yours than me on mine. It was not even a good bait like mine, it's a subject I clearly like talking about.
Over 3 pages of moaning about FIFA ratings. Good luck in the real world.

Foo Fighters were incredible last night as were Royal Blood. Not sure how Iggy Pop is still alive.
Original post by Louis.
It's not for anything specific just yet, but I'm in politics so I'll almost certainly have to be near a parliament. Devolved bodies are fine for now but unless there's growth soon I'll hit a ceiling eventually (jobs are much more limited and being English is a bit of a disadvantage), so I'm wondering about the logistics of making the jump a bit earlier. I feel like if you're gonna do London then your 20s is the time to do it.

Was £700 living with someone? Or shared accom? If I move alone I was imagining 30k or so tbh :yy:

20k feels low, are you sure? :beard:

Well you spend 12k on rent tops. You have 8k left to spend. I could live on about 7k(including bills) in Liverpool so living on 8k(not including rent etc.) should be easy enough. It's about £153 spending money, you'll be paying about £20 tops on extra bills a week such as sky so that's then £133. Council tax I guess is £20 a week so then you're on £110 a week. Travel costs (assuming zone 1-3 travelcard) is £34 which then means you're on £70. More than enough for food and whatever miscellaneous stuff you may need(which I've already accounted for)

Plus if you do happen to get accommodation lower than £1000 a month(likelyhood of getting a £600 a month zone 3 flat share) then you then have a good thing going money wise as you have £100 a week extra.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Fizzel
Just saw some video of a guy who suffered a pretty massive knee injury. ACL, PLC, LCL Hamstring tendon, IT band tears, and MCL sprain and other stuff. Amazes me that people can actually recover from stuff like that to the point of playing sports again.

Yeah it's amazing really, ACL injury basically ended my professional career. Footballers is the one that astonishes me, to get back up to speed and the movement that's required, I actually cringe every time I see Falcao e.g. Do a half-turn.
Straight to the league I ain't waiting for my knee to blow,
Yesterday I was needing this dough (get it)
I was kneading this dough.
Original post by Fizzel
Just saw some video of a guy who suffered a pretty massive knee injury. ACL, PLC, LCL Hamstring tendon, IT band tears, and MCL sprain and other stuff. Amazes me that people can actually recover from stuff like that to the point of playing sports again.

I've done my ACL, waiting for an op date. NHS said from start to finish they aim to have an op done in 18 weeks (4 1/2 months), been over 5 months still heard nothing.

I'm kinda intrigued to see this video though I know it'll be cringe.

There was a Leicester play last year, James iirc, who did his ACl and managed to get back to playing without even having any surgery. Jay Rodriguez's situation would be a sh*** scenario though
Original post by jam277
Well you spend 12k on rent tops. You have 8k left to spend. I could live on about 7k(including bills) in Liverpool so living on 8k(not including rent etc.) should be easy enough. It's about £153 spending money, you'll be paying about £20 tops on extra bills a week such as sky so that's then £133. Council tax I guess is £20 a week so then you're on £110 a week. Travel costs (assuming zone 1-3 travelcard) is £34 which then means you're on £70. More than enough for food and whatever miscellaneous stuff you may need(which I've already accounted for)

Plus if you do happen to get accommodation lower than £1000 a month(likelyhood of getting a £600 a month zone 3 flat share) then you then have a good thing going money wise as you have £100 a week extra.

£70k p/w feels like a stretch. Would spend that on a night out in London wouldn't I?
Original post by Louis.
£70k p/w feels like a stretch. Would spend that on a night out in London wouldn't I?

Well you can get a £30 night out in central. It's probably a stretch with 1k a month rent but £600 a month rent £170 a week is cool.
Why would you go out in central anyway?
Original post by Pimped Butterfly
Poor revenge, you spent more time on yours than me on mine. It was not even a good bait like mine, it's a subject I clearly like talking about.
Jesus is that it? You overthink TSR way too much. Hadn't even occurred to me, and had it been my intention I clearly could have dragged it out for longer, and I haven't even thought about that since it occurred ffs. Sad victory if it plays on your mind that much.

Original post by Depleted
Yeah it's amazing really, ACL injury basically ended my professional career.
Kwik Cricket?:wink: But yeah unlucky, happens to a lot of people. Seems to be luck of the draw on the recovery front. I know people who have had some pretty horrendous injuries, not only knee, and recover and others pretty minor stuff that ends them playing.

Original post by The Shed End
I've done my ACL, waiting for an op date. NHS said from start to finish they aim to have an op done in 18 weeks (4 1/2 months), been over 5 months still heard nothing.
I remember didn't you say you'd re-done it? The Yank have such good treatment if you have good cover, have family members who have had knee injuries and you're talking ER on Thursday, Consult on Mon and Surgery on Wed. Had an MRI earlier in the year and went private for that to cut the wait time. Was pretty sickening, 3 months for NHS or next week for private, in the same scanner.
I'm kinda intrigued to see this video though I know it'll be cringe.
Ah no it was basically just a recovery video, no footage of the injury. Was a lacrosse injury, I think it was just him trying to stay positive by documenting his recovery. The list was just pretty bad though, had a meniscal tear too, so basically wrecked everything that holds the joint together.
There was a Leicester play last year, James iirc, who did his ACl and managed to get back to playing without even having any surgery. Jay Rodriguez's situation would be a sh*** scenario though
Yeah depends on the grade of tear and such. Have a read up on Kobe's knees if you want a case study on early onset arthritis.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by e aí rapaz
Why would you go out in central anyway?

I been out in central a few times, not as bad as you'd think, although I would prefer east or north to central/west.

South London is irrelevant
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by jam277
I been out in central a few times, not as bad as you'd think, although I would prefer east or north to central/west.

South London is irrelevant

I went to some bar off leicester square for a course-mate's birthday once and it was horrible. Full of essex boys and bankers.
Original post by jam277
Well you can get a £30 night out in central. It's probably a stretch with 1k a month rent but £600 a month rent £170 a week is cool.

Yeah the thing I've gotta work out is whether I could live with randoms. Could rent a decent flat where I am for ~£400 p/m.

I'll be best off waiting for one of my mates to inevitably get sucked into London and live with them :holmes:
No more overpowered speed dribbling Thank God.

#Fifa16Demo
The problem with the rental market in London is that there are a lot of people who move to London for jobs/early in their career or students who don't want to commit to buying a place so are happy to rent. Then landlords realise that if they can afford to pay the deposit, they can get some sucker to pay their mortgage (in a lot of places, rent is as much or more than what a mortgage repayment would be with historically low interest rates).

I moved to London 5 years ago and it's insane how much property prices have increased in my area in that time period. Some estate agents were saying 350 p/w for a one bed flat. And that's not even looking at the prices to buy.
Why did my XI post get deleted in the Chelsea thread the other day?
We need to look after our own first, say people who would never help anyone

TOTAL bastards have responded to the refugee crisis with a sudden interest in looking after their neighbours.

54-year-old Mary Fisher, who has never done anything except antagonise those around her, wants to prioritise the local poor people that she described last week as ‘useless bonk-eyed ****ers’.

She said: “It’s all very well with these migrants, but first we’ve got to help the little kiddies at home who are going to bed with empty stomachs.

“I have no personal interest in doing that, but in theory that is what we should do.”

Retired bus driver and bastard Norman Steele has also discovered a sudden interest in local charity.

He said: “There are unemployed families on my road that are really hungry, I know this because I shoot at them with an air gun when they come near my vegetable patch.

“These refugees may be fellow members of the human race but that is not enough reason to help them. What matters is not a person’s level of desperation but their geographical proximity to your sofa.”

Steele added: “I have previously helped others, admittedly it was by keeping a look out while they robbed a garden centre but the point is I gave up my time for just a few bags of peat.”

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/we-need-to-look-after-our-own-first-say-people-who-would-never-help-anyone-20150907101741
The new Impractical Jokers on Comedy Central last night was so good. The one where they go to some dating thing. The wedding ring :lol: they're just absolutely hilarious people.

Latest