The Student Room Group

Taking IELTS after submitting UCAS application? international student?

Hi everybody
I've taken the CAE exam and passed it with B,but for some universities it's not enough. I want to take the IELTS exam next year. Can I take the exam after submitting my UCAS application?
Also,should I apply to UCAS as individual? I've read that it's best to apply through my school,but they don't have a buzzword. What should I do?
Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by WLena
Hi everybody
I've taken the CAE exam and passed it with B,but for some universities it's not enough. I want to take the IELTS exam next year. Can I take the exam after submitting my UCAS application?
Also,should I apply to UCAS as individual? I've read that it's best to apply through my school,but they don't have a buzzword. What should I do?
Thanks

You don't have to have taken IELTS before submitting your application. If a uni wants you to take it they will include it as a condition in any offer they make. However, if you definitely intend to do IELTS, you can register before submitting your application and this will let you fill in the IELTS test as a pending qualification. There is a space on the UCAS form for this, where you enter your test registration number.

If your school doesn't have a buzzword it means they're not a UCAS-registered centre and you must apply as an individual.
Original post by FionaMG
You don't have to have taken IELTS before submitting your application. If a uni wants you to take it they will include it as a condition in any offer they make. However, if you definitely intend to do IELTS, you can register before submitting your application and this will let you fill in the IELTS test as a pending qualification. There is a space on the UCAS form for this, where you enter your test registration number.

If your school doesn't have a buzzword it means they're not a UCAS-registered centre and you must apply as an individual.

Hello! I have the same problem, so does it mean, I should for my school to make a buzzword or I should forget about them and apply independently?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by PlayerBB
Hello! I have the same problem, so does it mean, I should for my school to make a buzzword or I should forget about them and apply independently?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi.

You just apply independently. The UCAS website explains all the steps. Applying independently will not prejudice your application in any way.
Original post by FionaMG
Hi.

You just apply independently. The UCAS website explains all the steps. Applying independently will not prejudice your application in any way.

Okay thank you!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Hi, help me please, I have to put my IELTS score in UCAS application, but I did not do my exam yet🤷*♀️ I heard that I can write pending (اند put my IELTS later) but I dont know where should I write it, in which section?

Thank you for your help
There’s is a separate section for IELTS. I think you can only enter a TRF number in there, nothing else.

If it’s pending, use the general qualifications section, pick other, type in IELTS, add a future date for the test.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending