The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Schrödingers Cat
Islamophobia isn't a word and shouldn't be used for such things as violence against Muslims

People should be free to criticise barbaric and backwards ideologies such as Islam otherwise if everyone stays quite and is afraid of speaking out in case they're "islamophobic" we might end up in in a society where gays are thrown off roofs and women are slaves in the houses.

So what word should be used?
It's actually disgusting some of the stuff people on here and TSR in general comment about...people being attacked for the way they dress, and some people ignore this and are more concerned about the technicality of the word Islamophobia

Some facts about the case

1) He had previously attack another women in the same way
2) He attached her because in this words 'she looked at me funny' not because she was a muslim
3) He wasn't British he is in fact Nigerian
Original post by yelllowribbon
So what word should be used?

racism

bigotry

good old fashioned thuggery

but not Islamophobia
Original post by toonervoustotalk
I know it happened years ago but it just baffles me why there is do much hatres against islam

Really you are baffled why people hate islam!

Have you not been reading the news recently
Original post by DIN-NARYU-FARORE

why is this country so racist??

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2006/oct/22/ukcrime.race
Original post by toonervoustotalk
I know it happened years ago but it just baffles me why there is do much hatres against islam
They should be allowed to follow their belief without being abused or called a terrorist because of a few extreamists who give their religion a bad name

Not even a word about the abuse that Christians MUST experience in their own lands seeing hijabs and robes around - on a traditionally Christian land?

Mosques in every town?

Is that offensive to Christians, how do you believe?

How many churches in the Middle East were transformed in mosques do you know? what about https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hagia_Sophia - I've been there - do you realize the barbarian act of invading and removing the other culture? How many times Christians did the same to the Islam?

Honestly, people are so blind and brainwashed.

Tomorrow you will wake up with guns on your throat - please remember my words.

Secretly and peacefully Europe is invaded by armies of young and brainwashed Muslim men.

These 'refugees' are in 90% men - do you realize that? a trained and young army of MUSLIM men is now dislocated all across Europe.
The idiots spreading the hate are just too loud. Most normal people like us, whether Muslims or non Muslims or Gummy Bear worshippers for all we know are just chilling in the background even though the loud idiots might represent many of us. Even the most peaceful posts will turn into debates about definitions of Jihad or get muddled up with definitions of newfound words like "Islamists" and "Islamophobics." It's exasperating.
Original post by yelllowribbon
It's actually disgusting some of the stuff people on here and TSR in general comment about...people being attacked for the way they dress, and some people ignore this and are more concerned about the technicality of the word Islamophobia

You can always change a dress but can you easily change the skyline od every European town being signed with mosques?

Is that offensive enough to feel like we are invaded and used by Muslims?

Why Christians in Muslim countries are not allowed to live, to settle and stay and they are kicked out after they finish certain task?

How you can explain the constant level of aggression against every Christian not only in the Middle East but around the world? the constant wars and claims, the constant crimes against Christians?

So Christians should keep it quiet because you Muslims are offended to be reminded about YOUR crimes?

So technically Muslims tell Christians shut up?

We Muslims have the right to claim and defend, you don't have rights, we will kill you, rob you, rape you and you are not supposed to raise your voice?
Original post by Zoya Khan
The idiots spreading the hate are just too loud. Most normal people like us, whether Muslims or non Muslims or Gummy Bear worshippers for all we know are just chilling in the background even though the loud idiots might represent many of us. Even the most peaceful posts will turn into debates about definitions of Jihad or get muddled up with definitions of newfound words like "Islamists" and "Islamophobics." It's exasperating.

How exactly you can explain what happened in Rotherham?

So Muslim girls have the right to wear veils, but Christian children don't have rights to complain when gang raped?

Please show me ANY evidence that Muslim girls were gang raped or abused in such scale - IN ANY WORLD COUNTRY.

It is very naughty to introduce it this way and distort the real facts.

So Muslims are ALWAYS offended, but Christians are supposed never to be?
(edited 8 years ago)
Uhh... I didn't do anything in Rotherham so it's not on me to explain, and you're really veering off the subject. You also seem quite frustrated. I think Muslims who keep getting offended are stupid, but if Christians want to get offended, they can. I mean, I don't even have the power to make people offended or un-offended. Anyone can do anything they want, I believe. You're acting like you've known me for long and I must answer for all the bad things I've done. I'm not the portrayal of whatever generalised image you have there in your head. I'm a real person, who you have no right to judge. Capiche?
Original post by The Dictator
There is no such thing as Islamophobia...

This misses the point.

I think Islamophobia is a nonsense term and that Islam as a religion should be subject to critique and even mockery like anything else, but an 'Islamophobic attack', clearly refers to attacking Muslim people and that is every bit as bad and unacceptable as racism.

Do you believe that in a traditionally Christian country you have the right to wear veil? why?

Your parents knew they come to live in a Christian country. What was not enough for your family that you are still unhappy about a veil?

Really, about a veil?

In Egypt I was told never appear on the street without being covered. I had to. I respected their culture and vision.

Living in a Christian country, living on Christian mercy, how naughty you are to claim you are discriminated? do you respect Christians and the Christian state you live in?

When I go to a Muslim country, I have to veil too, and I don't complain.

Tell me about it, being Bulgarian.......how really do you believe your distorted vision can blind ME, BEING BULGARIAN AND KNOWING ISLAM FACE TO FACE?
(edited 8 years ago)
Uhh... I didn't do anything in Rotherham so it's not on me to explain, and you're really veering off the subject. You also seem quite frustrated. I think Muslims who keep getting offended are stupid, but if Christians want to get offended, they can. I mean, I don't even have the power to make people offended or un-offended. Anyone can do anything they want, I believe. You're acting like you've known me for long and I must answer for all the bad things I've done. I'm not the portrayal of whatever generalised image you have there in your head. I'm a real person, who you have no right to judge. Capiche?

And no explanation why Muslim men are so much greedy to rape and violate?

No capishe, I WANT YOUR MUSLIM ANSWER to explain why Rotherham happened and why veils are so important and gang rapes over Christian children are not.

So when Christians want peace, you only want wars. When Rotherham happens you want to be left alone to do it and not to be blamed.

Typical ...for Muslims.....

You cannot face the facts you are rapists and criminals......in a massive scale....then Christians are guilty to ask for justice.....and Christians are called 'islamophobic' ...another Muslim offence against Christians.....

Veils in your minds, not keeping the law and respecting the others.....
(edited 8 years ago)
I've always said the Nazis targeted the wrong people. They should have made a solution to the islamic problem.
Original post by BaconandSauce
racism

bigotry

good old fashioned thuggery

but not Islamophobia

In b4 Islam is not a race...
Original post by Alex9999999999
Do you believe that in a traditionally Christian country you have the right to wear veil? why?

Your parents knew they come to live in a Christian country. What was not enough for your family that you are still unhappy about a veil?

Really, about a veil?

In Egypt I was told never appear on the street without being covered. I had to. I respected their culture and vision.

Living in a Christian country, living on Christian mercy, how naughty you are to claim you are discriminated? do you respect Christians and the Christian state you live in?

When I go to Muslim country, I have to veil too, and I don't complain.

Tell me about it, being Bulgarian.......how really do you believe your distorted vision can blind ME, BEING BULGARIAN AND KNOWING ISLAM FACE TO FACE?

Umm.... I don't live in a Christian country. I didn't claim to be discriminated either and I don't really wear a veil. Whoa... and calm down, dude, or dudette or whoever you are. Where are you guys getting all your distorted info from? First, I was asked to justify rape I didn't commit, and now this? This is absurd! I still respect Christians, though. Some of them are my closest friends.
Original post by Mr JB
You may not be scared of Islam, but it appears that you are scared of dictionaries.

Lol you tried to show me up just because I got one ****ing letter wrong. BORE OFF YOU KNOB!!!!
Original post by Alex9999999999
And no explanation why Muslim men are so much greedy to rape and violate?

No capishe, I WANT YOUR MUSLIM ANSWER to explain why Rotherham happened and why veils are so important and gang rapes over Christian children are not.

So when Christians want peace, you only want wars. When Rotherham happens you want to be left alone to do it and not to be blamed.

Typical ...for Muslims.....

You cannot face the facts you are rapists and criminals......in a massive scale....then Christians are guilty to ask for justice.....and Christians are called 'islamophobic' ...another Muslim offence against Christians.....

Veils in your minds, not keeping the law and respecting the others.....

I am not a Muslim man, neither am I a mind reader so sorry, I don't think I can answer you.

Again, I have nothing to do with the incident in Rotherham. Why should I be accountable for it? I personally don't think veils are important. So I can't answer your question because you asked it wrong. They're not important.

Lol when did I say I want a war? Are you sure you're aware who you're talking to?

I'm a rapist and a criminal? That's the most interesting rumour I've heard about myself.

Go, ask for justice! At least I approve of it.
Original post by The_Internet
People used to say "There is no such thing as anti Semitism" The far right refer to Muslims as "rats" in the same way the Nazis called Jews "rats"

I've not heard the "rats" reference. Only sandnigger, kebab and mudslime.

As long as Muslims attempt to enforce their own religion and values in OUR society, civil unrest was inevitable. You only have yourselves to blame, for attempting to show tolerance to an intolerant ideology.

Latest