The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yelllowribbon
So what word should be used?

Anti-Muslim crime or Hate crime
Original post by BaconandSauce
Really you are baffled why people hate islam!

Have you not been reading the news recently

I have but i explained it in my post about the extreamists
Original post by Alex9999999999
Not even a word about the abuse that Christians MUST experience in their own lands seeing hijabs and robes around - on a traditionally Christian land?

Mosques in every town?

Is that offensive to Christians, how do you believe?

How many churches in the Middle East were transformed in mosques do you know? what about https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hagia_Sophia - I've been there - do you realize the barbarian act of invading and removing the other culture? How many times Christians did the same to the Islam?

Honestly, people are so blind and brainwashed.

Tomorrow you will wake up with guns on your throat - please remember my words.

Secretly and peacefully Europe is invaded by armies of young and brainwashed Muslim men.

These 'refugees' are in 90% men - do you realize that? a trained and young army of MUSLIM men is now dislocated all across Europe.

It kind of saddens me that the UK isnt a Christian country anymore cause if they were they wouldnt sign the pettition for same sex marriages in church buildings. (i am fine with same sex liking each other

I know alot of churches have been transformed into mosques in middle east and even here in uk. (at least the church down my road was an old church building )

Wow that seems a bit extreame

I am not going to lie some have been brainwashed but in the Quran i think half of it talks about peace and the other half talks about revenge/hatred not really sure. Just what i heard from a theologst

Of cause some will want to fight but some are also trying to escape hardship
Original post by Schrödingers Cat
Anti-Muslim crime or Hate crime

Do you think there's anything wrong with Anti-Muslim crime?
You can always change a dress but can you easily change the skyline od every European town being signed with mosques?

So you don't think people should be allowed to have a place of worship? Okay.

Is that offensive enough to feel like we are invaded and used by Muslims?

Meh I don't see how having some mosques makes you feel invaded...less than 3% of the UK population is Muslim.

Why Christians in Muslim countries are not allowed to live, to settle and stay and they are kicked out after they finish certain task?

Don't really get what you mean, but yes, I understand that in a number of countries, Christians (and people of other faiths) are mistreated. Which of course, is wrong, nobody is denying that...

How you can explain the constant level of aggression against every Christian not only in the Middle East but around the world? the constant wars and claims, the constant crimes against Christians?

Ah yes, being persecuted everywhere...

Like I said earlier, they are mistreated in some places, and yes that is wrong.

So Christians should keep it quiet because you Muslims are offended to be reminded about YOUR crimes?

So technically Muslims tell Christians shut up?

Okay, now I'm lost.

We Muslims have the right to claim and defend, you don't have rights, we will kill you, rob you, rape you and you are not supposed to raise your voice?

Still lost...
In b4 Islam is not a race...

So

you asked what they should be called if not Islamophobia
Reply 85
You reap what you sow.
So

you asked what they should be called if not Islamophobia

And you suggested racism, but whenever someone call's it racism, the common excuse is...
Original post by The Dictator
Islam is not a race you fool.
Original post by Zoya Khan
I am not a Muslim man, neither am I a mind reader so sorry, I don't think I can answer you.

Again, I have nothing to do with the incident in Rotherham. Why should I be accountable for it? I personally don't think veils are important. So I can't answer your question because you asked it wrong. They're not important.

Lol when did I say I want a war? Are you sure you're aware who you're talking to?

I'm a rapist and a criminal? That's the most interesting rumour I've heard about myself.

Go, ask for justice! At least I approve of it.

No answer again from Muslim point of view.

Again slipping down in escape of responsibility.

I bet tomorrow you will be again naughty and pushy for your rights, and I bet it is going to be again over Christian mercy and financial account.

Living in Christian country you want to change everything in your benefit, ignoring the needs of the natives. And then you Muslims wonder why Christians are offended and feel 'islamophobic'.

Just get your Muslim a////s out of the Christianity if veils are so important to you and nothing else matters, only the Islam religion.

Exchange of priorities is called that - massive brainwash that Christians are due to follow you, but you are not at all due to follow the law in the Christian country because you are untouchable in your precious and very important religion, so everybody around should make priority of YOUR religious views.

My religion is peaceful, I don't ask anybody in Middle East or Egypt to get changed because of me and my visions. I respect the others and I follow the law.

Do you? I doubt. Veils are more important than to respect Christians and their state, their law and their children. Rape the Christian children - it is not important to follow the law. More important is to wear veil on the street.

PS: WHEN YOU MUSLIMS LIVE IN A CHRISTIAN COUNTRY, YOU WILL WEAR WHAT CHRISTIANS WEAR. IF YOU DISLIKE IT, GET BACK TO THE ISLAM AND YOUR OWN COUNTRY OF ORIGIN.

Europe is Christians. If you dislike it you have the freedom and the right to leave it in peace.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 88
Islamophobia isn't a word and shouldn't be used for such things as violence against Muslims

People should be free to criticise barbaric and backwards ideologies such as Islam otherwise if everyone stays quite and is afraid of speaking out in case they're "islamophobic" we might end up in in a society where gays are thrown off roofs and women are slaves in the houses.

This isn't a topic about the merits of the term 'Islamophobia', it's a topic about hate crime against Muslims.

Your uncontroversial premise that people should be free to criticise ideas has nothing to do with the fact that there are plenty of bigots out there who do more than criticise Islam, as evidenced by the rise in hate crime against Muslims.
And you suggested racism, but whenever someone call's it racism, the common excuse is...

These attacks are covered under existing laws and the terms already exist for these attacks

The term Islamophobia is not relevant in these attacks

Look at the end of the day this is some muslims trying their best to get hatred of their faith confused with good old fashioned bigotry which we can all be a victim of.

It's not going to work
These attacks are covered under existing laws and the terms already exist for these attacks

The term Islamophobia is not relevant in these attacks

Look at the end of the day this is some muslims trying their best to get hatred of their faith confused with good old fashioned bigotry which we can all be a victim of.

It's not going to work

Fine, does anti-Muslim hate crime float your boat?
Original post by viddy9
This isn't a topic about the merits of the term 'Islamophobia', it's a topic about hate crime against Muslims.

Your uncontroversial premise that people should be free to criticise ideas has nothing to do with the fact that there are plenty of bigots out there who do more than criticise Islam, as evidenced by the rise in hate crime against Muslims.

Given these is a tell mama report I'd be wary of making such statements (give they have in the past included things such as Facebooks posts)
No answer again from Muslim point of view.

Again slipping down in escape of responsibility.

I bet tomorrow you will be again naughty and pushy for your rights, and I bet it is going to be again over Christian mercy and financial account.

Living in Christian country you want to change everything in your benefit, ignoring the needs of the natives. And then you Muslims wander why Christians are offended and feel 'islamophobic'.

Just get your Muslim a////s out of the Christianity if veils are so important to you and nothing else matters, only the Islam religion.

Exchange of priorities is called that - massive brainwash that Christians are due to follow you, but you are not at all due to follow the law in the Christian country because you are untouchable in your precious and very important religion, so everybody around should make priority of YOUR religious views.

My religion is peaceful, I don't ask anybody in Middle East or Egypt to get changed because of me and my visions. I respect the others and I follow the law.

Do you? I doubt. Veils are more important than to respect Christians and their state, their law and their children. Rape the Christian children - it is not important to follow the law. More important is to wear veil on the street.

PS: WHEN YUO LIVE IN SHRISTIN COUNTRY, YUO WILL WEAR WHAT CHRISTIANS WEAR. IF YUO DISLIKE IT, GET BACK TO THE ISLAM AND YUOR OWN COUNTRY.

Europe is Christian. Who dislike it, has the full freedom of right to leave it.

I'd really like to know, what makes you think you know so much about me? Do you know how moronic you sound at the moment? Even as a Muslim, I believe God does not impose the veil on me. So there, you have your answer.

Christian mercy? Financial account? I live in a Christian country, ignoring the need of my natives? I want to change everything? Veils are important to me? More important than stopping child rape? I think Christians are due to follow me? I think everybody should give priority to my views?

Tell me more about this made-up version of me. You'd probably even come up with replies on behalf of me, now that you've created my character, thoughts and views for me.
Fine, does anti-Muslim hate crime float your boat?

No as I said these attacks are already defined under existing laws.

But here you go are you happy with all attacks on non muslims by muslims being called kafirphobia attacks?
Do you think there's anything wrong with Anti-Muslim crime?

Of course there is, with any hate crime there is usually an underlying cause be it racism towards blacks or violence towards immigrants for "stealing jobs"

In this case it's media propaganda that generalises Muslims and because they dress different they're easy to target.

Like other hate crime the criminals should be locked up and trialed accordingly.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 95
I feel like im missing something. Why do so many people assume women are slaves in the housee likee.. where did you get that idea from.
Islamophobia isn't a word and shouldn't be used for such things as violence against Muslims

People should be free to criticise barbaric and backwards ideologies such as Islam otherwise if everyone stays quite and is afraid of speaking out in case they're "islamophobic" we might end up in in a society where gays are thrown off roofs and women are slaves in the houses.
Original post by Zoya Khan
I'd really like to know, what makes you think you know so much about me? Do you know how moronic you sound at the moment? Even as a Muslim, I believe God does not impose the veil on me. So there, you have your answer.

Christian mercy? Financial account? I live in a Christian country, ignoring the need of my natives? I want to change everything? Veils are important to me? More important than stopping child rape? I think Christians are due to follow me? I think everybody should give priority to my views?

Tell me more about this made-up version of me. You'd probably even come up with replies on behalf of me, now that you've created my character, thoughts and views for me.

Don't slip again in misleading details.

You started to speak in this thread like being a Muslim. When asked to answer from Muslim point of view for the gang rapes in Rotherham you escaped. You escaped to answer any question, you only claim innocence.

Nobody in the Islam is innocent when claiming the same rapist and war views.

Today you claim only a veil, tomorrow you will raise a son to rape Christian children.

If you claim you are Muslim, then share the community responsibility. What kind of sons you are going to raise, if you escape the problem of the systematic rapes happening in the Islam?

And I know already, you will again put a blame over me and the Christians, escaping any responsibility - typical for Muslims.

How you can be guilty? God told you to kill and rape every non-Muslim......and it is not a crime at all.....

This is why people around the world see you as aggressors and war makers. It is not a phobia, it is eyes open to see what you do since the beginning of that satanic religion.

If you worship killing, raping and wars - get back to the Middle East and do it as much as you like in between you Muslims.

Christians are not keen on aggression and wars.

Just get out of Europe, and get your mosques with you please. We Christians don't want you.

As you Muslims don't want us in the Middle East. Don't try to lie - I've been in the Middle East and I know Christians are not welcomed there for no any reason.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by najjy
I feel like im missing something. Why do so many people assume women are slaves in the housee likee.. where did you get that idea from.

From Islam

lookup the word 'mahram'

http://islamqa.info/en/122630
Don't slip again in misleading details.

You started to speak in this thread like being a Muslim. When asked to answer from Muslim point of view for the gang rapes in Rotherham you escaped. You escaped to answer any question, you only claim innocence.

Nobody in the Islam is innocent when claiming the same rapist and war views.

Today you claim only a veil, tomorrow you will raise a son to rape Christian children.

If you claim you are Muslim, then share the community responsibility. What kind of sons you are going to raise, if you escape the problem of the systematic rapes happening in the Islam?

And I know already, you will again put a blame over me and the Christians, escaping any responsibility - typical for Muslims.

How you can be guilty? God told you to kill and rape every non-Muslim......and it is not a crime at all.....

This is why people around the world see you as aggressors and war makers. It is not a phobia, it is eyes open to see what you do since the beginning of that satanic religion.

If you worship killing, raping and wars - get back to the Middle East and do it as much as you like in between you Muslims.

Christians are not keen on aggression and wars.

Just get out of Europe, and get your mosques with you please. We Christians don't want you.

As you Muslims don't want us in the Middle East. Don't try to lie - I've been in the Middle East and I know Christians are not welcomed there for no any reason.

k.
I've had a random person in the street shout at me terrorist go home. I'm like 5ft and they were like 5ft 10.
Also I've been harrassed on a bus by a woman saying muslims should go back to Saudi etc - I'm not Saudi I'm half English half Lebanese.
Also someone has tried to pull of my hijab before in public.
In addition to that a girl stopped talking to me because I became muslim after we were "best friends" for about 4 years.

So I think it exists.
Also one of my friends got shoved when waiting for the bus for being a Somali Muslim.
They shoved them back except into the road because they got fed up of the religious and racial hatred- It had happened more than once to them and they were over it. The road was empty though it was like 6 am.

P.S. I HAVE ONLY BEEN MUSLIM FOR A YEAR, yet i have managed to experience all of that ^.^

Latest

Trending

Trending