Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Anyone staying at home?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Emma5331
I've had a look on the university recommended reading lists, but haven't been sent any official list if that's what you mean. On combined honours you don't actually put your subjects down until you get there, so I imagine reading lists/time tables and such, are given to you within the first few days? Honestly don't have a clue. I've just received an email on how to enroll so I guess things will become clearer once that's complete.

Aah right, yeah that's probably the case, I still haven't got my email about registration or anything :/
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Original post by AmyVP22
Aah right, yeah that's probably the case, I still haven't got my email about registration or anything :/

I wouldn't worry just yet! Apparently they have up to two weeks to contact everyone so they may be sending the emails out by course.
Med.Physiology ~ haven't found anyone doing the same course yet tho
Original post by AmyVP22
It sucks :/ what course are you doing? :smile:
Got my registration email! Was starting to get a bit worried because I hadn't received any sort of confirmation :smile:
Reply 24
Original post by ABates2015
Got my registration email! Was starting to get a bit worried because I hadn't received any sort of confirmation :smile:

Yeah same here! I was getting a bit worried but the email came through a few hours ago :smile:
Original post by Kim-Possible
Med.Physiology ~ haven't found anyone doing the same course yet tho

That sounds brilliant! Seems like that's the case for most people :/ hopefully they'll be some groups set up on Facebook for specific courses :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AmyVP22
Yeah same here! I was getting a bit worried but the email came through a few hours ago :smile:

Starting to feel real now! We'll be there in no time :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Are any of you guys getting these freshers wristbands?
Original post by AmyVP22
Are any of you guys getting these freshers wristbands?

Yeah :smile: already ordered mine, I have to collect it on 26 September
Reply 29
Yeah :smile: already ordered mine, I have to collect it on 26 September

Ah right, I should probably order mine haha, where do you collect it from?
Original post by AmyVP22
Ah right, I should probably order mine haha, where do you collect it from?

Think we collect from the student union building :smile: have to take the email confirmation, ID, and proof that you've got a place at the uni :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
Think we collect from the student union building :smile: have to take the email confirmation, ID, and proof that you've got a place at the uni :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahhh okay, thank you! Honestly I'm so useless at this whole university thing, I'm like the least organised person ever :tongue:
Reply 32
Hello! I am a fresher who isn't staying at halls (renting a flat with my friends). Have you guys bought fresher's wristband?
Original post by AmyVP22
Ahhh okay, thank you! Honestly I'm so useless at this whole university thing, I'm like the least organised person ever :tongue:

Hahaa I'm the same! Have to keep checking to make sure I'm all sorted! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mille12
Hello! I am a fresher who isn't staying at halls (renting a flat with my friends). Have you guys bought fresher's wristband?

Yep :smile: bought mine a couple of weeks ago - the activities and stuff luck amazing! :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
Hiya :smile:

I'm staying at home too and was also worried about missing out on the social aspect of uni, but not so much now. We have a commuters society where I'm going so I've met lots of people through there. So freshers is a bit less daunting now xD

Once you get there you'll find lots of people in the same situation :smile:
Original post by Hanya Pouncey
Hiya :smile:

I'm staying at home too and was also worried about missing out on the social aspect of uni, but not so much now. We have a commuters society where I'm going so I've met lots of people through there. So freshers is a bit less daunting now xD

Once you get there you'll find lots of people in the same situation :smile:

Hiya! That's exactly what I'm worried about; missing out on the nighttime freshers activities and stuff. Is this commuters society on Facebook?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 37
Hiya! That's exactly what I'm worried about; missing out on the nighttime freshers activities and stuff. Is this commuters society on Facebook?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry, you definitely won't! You're sure to find someone who lives near to you, so you can commute with them. And yeah it is :smile:
Original post by Hanya Pouncey
Don't worry, you definitely won't! You're sure to find someone who lives near to you, so you can commute with them. And yeah it is :smile:

Thanks hopefully! I live in hartlepool so I'd have to get the train in, and sometimes they don't run late at night haha
Do you have the link to the Facebook group- I can find it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
you guys will be all rite honestly, just join some societies, smile and relax! First year is nothing :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending