The Student Room Group

Sexually depraved ISIS offers slave girls as prizes in Koran memorising contest.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by HAnwar
Twisting my words. But then again you Muslimophobes are famous for that.

You called me a nutter for condemning slavery and rape. You refrained from calling a nutter those who enslave and rape, and those who support the ideology that enables enslavement and rape. If there is twisting of your words, then please clarify

Original post by HAnwar
I'm out.

Usual response of Muslim defeated in a debate; to run away
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Rat_Bag
The Christian doctrine was also very specific in its goals with reformers labelled as heretics and deceivers. I think people today underestimate the bloodshed and struggle that took place during the enlightenment and secularisation of Christendom. It was bloody hard to do, millions of people were slaughtered, and it will be the same for Islam.

The ummah is already collapsing under the weight of infighting and repercussion of outward aggression. The best and brightest from the ummah are leaving Islam, and criminals, rapist, narcissists and psychopaths are flocking to become Muslim and join the fanatics.

Yeah but the reformation involved going back to the original word of Christ, getting rid of stuff added on and going back to the key message, for Islam this would mean something akin to ISIS and forming under one group. On top of this, there was a counter reformation which was somewhat succesfull as many countries stayed and still are Catholic. Christianity itself was not radically changed, Islam would require that. Islam is a whole other kettle of fish IMO, it is unreformable.
Reply 22
Original post by TheBBQ
Muslimophobes lmfao

Considering you people reject the fact Islamophobes exist, the other option is to use Muslimophobes.
Is homophobe the only word in your dictionary?

Original post by Rat_Bag
You called me a nutter for condemning slavery and rape. You refrained from caller a nutter those who enslave and rape, and those who support the ideology that enables enslavement and rape. If there is twisting of your words, then please clarify

Usual response of Muslim defeated in a debate; to run away

Genuine question, do you honestly have difficulties in reading?
My first post called people who believe this nutters. Where you got the other stuff, I'm baffled.
It's amazing how much you can make this stuff up.

Lol er it wasn't much of a debate, just you spouting nonsense, and I'd rather use my time elsewhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar
Considering you people reject the fact Islamophobes exist, the other option is to use Muslimophobes.

My first post called people who believe this nutters. Where you got the other stuff, I'm baffled.

Lol er it wasn't much of a debate, just you spouting nonsense, and I'd rather use my time elsewhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I suppose feminist-phobes, conservative-phobes, liberal-phobes, christian-phobes, atheist-phobes and the like all exist too?

There's nothing wrong at all with the opposition of an ideology as vile as Islam; on the contrary, I think that any rational, moral person, has a moral obligation to oppose it due to how horrendous it is for societal development.
Reply 24
Original post by EmperorPowerMan
Yeah but the reformation involved going back to the original word of Christ, getting rid of stuff added on and going back to the key message

In involved contriving a new theology that allowed the Old Testement to be discarding (this whole, "Jesus came, and now the Old Testement is redundant and irrelevent" is actually a new Christian theology from the time of the reformation and enlightenment). Who knows, Muslims may be able to contrive a new theology that will stick that cuts out all the nasty stuff. Already it is coming more common to find Hadith rejectors who do so from a theological perspective (a lot of the really evil stuff in Islam comes from the Hadith), as well as the whole "historical context" theology, which is also very new, but hasn't really stuck within the clerical classes, but is appealing to most Westernised Muslims.

for Islam this would mean something akin to ISIS and forming under one group. On top of this, there was a counter reformation which was somewhat succesfull as many countries stayed and still are Catholic. Christianity itself was not radically changed, Islam would require that. Islam is a whole other kettle of fish IMO, it is unreformable.

Christianity has radically changed, it's just people today don't appreciate how much is has, and how much blood was shed to achieve that.

Islam is reformable, like all flawed ideologies.
Reply 25
Original post by HAnwar

I prefer the label "anti-Islam". Definitely not Muslimophobes, since I don't have a problem with the majority of Muslims, and even on a personal level have friends who are fanatical and ISIS leaning.

Original post by HAnwar

I asked you which nutters you were referring to, and you said people like me. I condemn slavery and rape as per the OP. You refrained from calling the slavers and rapists nutters, nor those that support the ideology that enables it. You choice of who you see as "nutters" reveals your beliefs.

There is no point backpeddling and flip flopping unless you are going to be clear.

Original post by HAnwar

Again, trying to run away.

So, why are you calling people who condemn slavery and rape as nutters, but not calling the slavers and rapists nutters?
Original post by Rat_Bag
In involved contriving a new theology that allowed the Old Testement to be discarding (this whole, "Jesus came, and now the Old Testement is redundant and irrelevent" is actually a new Christian theology from the time of the reformation and enlightenment). Who knows, Muslims may be able to contrive a new theology that will stick that cuts out all the nasty stuff. Already it is coming more common to find Hadith rejectors who do so from a theological perspective (a lot of the really evil stuff in Islam comes from the Hadith), as well as the whole "historical context" theology, which is also very new, but hasn't really stuck within the clerical classes, but is appealing to most Westernised Muslims.

Christianity has radically changed, it's just people today don't appreciate how much is has, and how much blood was shed to achieve that.

Islam is reformable, like all flawed ideologies.

The Quran and Islam needs the Hadith though, most of the teachings Muslims follow are in the Hadith, something like 70% if I remember correctly, and this even applies for basic stuff like praying 5 times a day if I remember correctly. Aswell as this the Quran by itself makes no sense, it needs a context, it says to be like Muhammad but there is so little in there about him, and the Quran contradicts itself endlessly without Hadith. Christianity on the other hand has Jesus denouncing the Sabbath and pracically denouncing the old Testament in Marks gospel, the oldest one, the argument was already there for the reformers, they were thinking 'thats not right, we need to go back to God and Jesus as stated here'. Chrisianity without reformation was still 'compassionate' as thanks toChristian doctrine, indegenous people in Spanish colonies were considered human (Yes, seems unbelieavble today, but it was a big argument back then). Yes Christianity has changed but the core message remains, only fluff like inquisiion and reverence of Mary was removed and Catholocism still keeps many of that. Islam key message CANNOT be kept, it would require rewriting it emtirely, a new religion
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 27
Original post by HAnwar
Lmao at the nutters who believe this ^

This is behaviour is not all that surprising as it is what we have come to expect of their behaviour. It is however appallingly sad and shocking. Anyone who has taken an interest in what Isis are doing will not be surprised by this at all, but I bring it to the TSR forum because too may people like you are denying that such appalling systematic physical abuse, fully sanctioned by Isis, is going on. It is well known that Isis beat, enslave, rape and sell girls as sex slaves at open markets like cattle.
Reply 28
Original post by cole-slaw
The same applies to Christianity. All religions are deeply and fundamentally evil.

I couldn't disagree more. How can you throw all other religions into the same basket as Islam? Have you looked in depth at the ethics/morality of Hinduism, Christianity, Buddhism, Judaism, Sikhism . . . ? They're not as you say 'fundamentally evil' at all. That is lame relativist hyperbole.
Original post by Marco1
I couldn't disagree more. How can you throw all other religions into the same basket as Islam? Have you looked in depth at the ethics/morality of Hinduism, Christianity, Buddhism, Judaism, Sikhism . . . ? They're not as you say 'fundamentally evil' at all. That is lame relativist hyperbole.

Have you actually read the bible? Its pretty ****ed up.
Reply 30
Original post by cole-slaw
Have you actually read the bible? Its pretty ****ed up.

Have you read the New Testament? Have you a knowledge of the cannon of different books of the Old Testament, who wrote them. Why they were written and the literary style. The Old Testament cannot be taken at face value. Also just because there are bad events in the Bible does not mean it is justifiable. The Bible is a progression towards the coming light of Christ and the life and teachings of Christ. But you said all religions? So you've read the others too then have you?
(edited 8 years ago)
Not gonna lie, I'd like a harem of Arab women as my slaves
Original post by TheBBQ
Muslimophobes lmfao

There can be an actual distinction between muslimophobia and islamophobia;
muslimophobia, against Muslims
islamophobia, against the ideology or principles of Islam.
Reply 33
The Quran and Islam needs the Hadith though, most of the teachings Muslims follow are in the Hadith, something like 70% if I remember correctly, and this even applies for basic stuff like praying 5 times a day if I remember correctly.

Submitters manage without the Hadith. It just requires a bit of imagination to conceptualise other possible theological structures for Islam. Am sure in the Middle Ages, it would have been difficult for many people to imagine Christianity so detached from the Old Testament, but it was achieved.

Aswell as this the Quran by itself makes no sense, it needs a context, it says to be like Muhammad but there is so little in there about him, and the Quran contradicts itself endlessly without Hadith.

That is absolutely the case with the Bible as well. And the Qur'an has the Tafsirs as supporting literature. Like I said you seem to lack an imagination to how things could be.

Christianity on the other hand has Jesus denouncing the Sabbath and pracically denouncing the old Testament in Marks gospel, the oldest one, the argument was already there for the reformers, they were thinking 'thats not right, we need to go back to God and Jesus as stated here'.

Indeed, and Islam has the "historical context" line to try and manage the evil parts of the Qur'an, just as Christians managed to remove the evil parts of the Bible with the whole "OT is now redundant".

Chrisianity without reformation was still 'compassionate' as thanks toChristian doctrine

It absolutely was not!

indegenous people in Spanish colonies were considered human

Erm, the people of the Americas were massively mistreated with various clerical support. Same goes for the transatlantic slavery trade, and Apartheid and Segregation in South Africa and the US respectively.

Yes Christianity has changed but the core message remains, only fluff like inquisiion and reverence of Mary was removed and Catholocism still keeps many of that.

There was a huge amount more than this "fluff" you mention (and I imagine victims of the Inquisition would be a little hurt to have it referred to as inanely and benignly as "fluff"). You seem to have a very sanitised view of Christendom in the Middle Ages, and seem to believe that the Reformation improved Christianity; in some way it did not! It was the Enlightenment that truly washed away so much of the evil of Christianity from Europe

Islam key message CANNOT be kept, it would require rewriting it emtirely, a new religion

You do seem to suffer from poverty of imagination.
Original post by Rat_Bag
Whilst ISIS continues to implement Islam's teaching without dilution (sex slavery and paedophilia are endorsed by Islam), more and more Muslims are waking up to the reality that their religion just isn't very nice. But of course the we'll hear all the usual denial that this is not true Islam, or some sort of convoluted justification for slavery and paedophilia.

Islam is on the way out, but there is going to be some awful suffering along the way

+1
Original post by phoenixsilver
The whole post is made up. Islam is a religion of peace. Peace and joy. >_>

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol, you for real? Rotherham grooming gangs is an example.

Muhammed had intercourse with a >10 year old
Reply 36
Original post by XcitingStuart
There can be an actual distinction between muslimophobia and islamophobia;
muslimophobia, against Muslims
islamophobia, against the ideology or principles of Islam.

Thank you for being crystal clear and not dissembling about the real meaning of Islamophobia. So you are saying for someone to be Islamophobic, they simply have to dislike the ideology. So much for freedom of thought and the right to express one's deliberated views eh!!! Well at least we know now that the term Islamophobia is nothing negative then. It's simply to do with rejecting Islamic values as a viable option for a healthy life.
Original post by Marco1
Have you read the New Testament? Have you a knowledge of the cannon of different books of the Old Testament, who wrote them. Why they were written and the literary style. The Old Testament cannot be taken at face value. Also just because there are bad events in the Bible does not mean it is justifiable. The Bible is a progression towards the coming light of Christ and the life and teachings of Christ. But you said all religions? So you've read the others too then have you?

Why can't you take the Old Testament at face value, but the implication being that you can take the New Testament at face value? Genuinely curious. From where I'm sitting, that seems like the cherry picking that has become typical of the Christian faith.
There is no such thing as islamic slavery only slavery in the name of islam which is wrong. Because it puts the religion in a bad light which sickens me. ISIS however are the worst type of people - no justification to their actions but not all muslims are like that

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by phoenixsilver
The whole post is made up. Islam is a religion of peace. Peace and joy. >_>

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree 100%

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending