The Student Room Group

Teenager left with brain injury after horrific anti-semitic attack

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/anti-semitic-attack-nhs-saved-10013768#ICID=fb-men-main

Appalling, and all because he was Jewish. Why isn't more being done to tackle anti-semitism?

How long before Jews start leaving Britain?

Why are only the MEN running this story?
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lady Comstock
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/anti-semitic-attack-nhs-saved-10013768#ICID=fb-men-main

Appalling, and all because he was Jewish. Why isn't more being done to tackle anti-semitism?

How long before Jews start leaving Britain?

I agree, it's disgusting and I hope the three people that carried out the attack get a hefty sentence.

I feel like there's been an increase in anti-Semitic sentiments in recent years, but I'm not sure why?

And I hope Jewish people are not driven out of Britain, they are valuable members of society, and contribute more than violent thugs who attack them.
Original post by Willdono
Islam is the reason.

Care to explain why or are you going to try to justify this point based on your prejudice and hatred of Muslims (Islamophobia)?

It's disgusting that the boy got attacked for his religion. I sympathise with him. It's wrong and it's discrimination.
@Willdono we all saw what you posted before. Don't try to hide.

islamophobic post.png
Original post by NaTaLiiA513
Care to explain why or are you going to try to justify this point based on your prejudice and hatred of Muslims (Islamophobia)?

It's disgusting that the boy got attacked for his religion. I sympathise with him. It's wrong and it's discrimination.

It's common knowledge that islam treats jews like pigs. There's been a massive rise in anti-semitism over the past few years and the muslim population has increased substantially. Add the Israel vs Palestine conflict to the mix and there will obviously be tension between jews and muslims. I'm not even going to deny my previous post because it's true.
Islam is the reason.

Do you mean the increased population of Muslims in the country has increased anti-Semitic feelings?

Are the three youths who attacked them Muslims? I don't know if it's mostly Muslims carrying out anti-Semitic attacks and messages, but I'd be interested in finding out the proportion.

But I think the sentiment is just rising in general. It's so sad. The Jews have suffered so much as a race :frown:
It's strange because I don't know anyone who hates Jews so where are the anti-Semitic people coming from. People blame Muslims but in reality most anti Semitic attacks are done by young white yobs but I don't understand where they get this intense hatred from.
more muslims = more anti-semitism - that's not a mere claim, that's a fact. apologies for stating the truth, PC-police
(edited 8 years ago)
It's common knowledge that islam treats jews like pigs. There's been a massive rise in anti-semitism over the past few years and the muslim population has increased substantially. Add the Israel vs Palestine conflict to the mix and there will obviously be tension between jews and muslims. I'm not even going to deny my previous post because it's true.

Then why did you change it?

Your wording was very dangerous. You was discriminating a group of people in society because of their religion. That's no better than what happened to that unfortunate boy.

"Common knowledge"? Show me evidence/sources because at the moment you're using your prejudice to get through this argument. It's not working, try again.

There has been a rise of Islamophobia (like you have demonstrated here, my friend :smile:) and anti-Semitism. Are you going to blame Muslims for the World's problems or are you going to promote tolerance in our society? It's better to think of a solution rather than complain about it.
Original post by MrKmas508
It's strange because I don't know anyone who hates Jews so where are the anti-Semitic people coming from. People blame Muslims but in reality most anti Semitic attacks are done by young white yobs but I don't understand where they get this intense hatred from.

That is quite a sweeping statement. Presumably you have evidence to support it?
Original post by MrKmas508

I don't get it either! What, are they like neo-nazis?
Original post by zippity.doodah
more muslims = more anti-semitism - that's not a mere claim, that's a fact. I apologising for stating the truth, PC-police

I don't think you understand the concept of "backing your claims".

You need evidence for that. You can't pick out facts out of thin air.
Original post by chocolate hottie

Do you all have evidence that Muslims are responsible for anti-Semitism?

It's a bit hypocritical if you ask me.
I don't think you understand the concept of "backing your claims".

You need evidence for that. You can't pick out facts out of thin air.

http://www.investigativeproject.org/4850/study-exposes-the-ugly-depth-of-european-muslim#
I made such an obvious claim that I assumed I didn't need a reference...
Regardless of which group of people is carrying out the violence, I think it's very worrying that it happened at all, and to such a violent extent! If I were a young Jewish lad I'd feel unsafe and concerned.
Original post by chocolate hottie

Most off the country is white (87%), young people are stupider than older people and yobs have a long held tradition of being sub human a**eholes.
Original post by strangesquark
Do you mean the increased population of Muslims in the country has increased anti-Semitic feelings?

Are the three youths who attacked them Muslims? I don't know if it's mostly Muslims carrying out anti-Semitic attacks and messages, but I'd be interested in finding out the proportion.

But I think the sentiment is just rising in general. It's so sad. The Jews have suffered so much as a race :frown:

There is a reason British and French Armed police rush to stand outside Jewish schools and places of worship every time there is a terror incident. If however you understood that reason, it would make you Islamophobic!!

http://judaism.about.com/od/americanworldjewry/a/muslimviews.htm

http://www.sussex-academic.com/sa/titles/middle_east_studies/MaozMuslim.htm

I don't know if the attackers were Muslims and I'm sure anti-Jewish sentiment is not limited to Muslims nor extends to all Muslims, but it is undeniable that the Muslim world as a whole has a disturbing hatred of Jews.
Original post by Betelgeuse-
There is a reason British and French Armed police rush to stand outside Jewish schools and places of worship every time there is a terror incident. If however you understood that reason, it would make you Islamophobic!!

I went to a Jewish school once to give a talk, and the security there was so high. They had very high metal fencing all around the perimeter, security guards on patrol, and a locked gate which you had to speak to security to be let in. I thought it was pretty excessive at the time, but I can understand now why they felt it necessary.
Original post by zippity.doodah
http://www.investigativeproject.org/4850/study-exposes-the-ugly-depth-of-european-muslim#
I made such an obvious claim that I assumed I didn't need a reference...

:rofl:

Come on Zippy, you've got to do better than that.

The source you have chosen was created by Abigail R. Esman who has been known for her prejudice against Muslims (She's even published numerous articles about Islam).

Imagine: you are window-shopping on a quiet street, perhaps in London or Paris or New York. Something remarkable catches your eye: an ancient coin, a gold chain, a tiny figurine. Impulsively, you enter the shop, where the owner explains to you that the sculpture comes originally from Mesopotamia, that the necklace is Byzantine. It isn’t inexpensive, but the shopkeeper has guaranteed its provenance and the price seems fair; and besides, you quite love it. You say yes, and leave the shop with your new treasure tucked safely in a bag.You may have just handed your money over to the Islamic State.

Enough said. ^

Try to pick out an unbiased source.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending