The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chocolate hottie
Yes slavery existed before Islam.

And it existed during Islam. And it exists in Syria today in an avowedly Islamic State.

Shouldn't Islam have tried to stop it during all those centuries? Or does your God actually approve of slavery or something?

Serious question?

Pay me to reply
Original post by Alex9999999999
How you introduce it...

slavery IS NOT A part of Islam, no matter Islam uses it in a huge scale.

It is a logical nonsense, if you please.

So logically it comes that Islam uses a huge scale of slavery but slavery is not part of Islam....interesting....

blah blah...? what?
On the issue of feminism, Islam brought rights to women waaaay before the suffragettes (dunno how you spell it), women were given their right to own property etc meanwhile in Europe people were debating whether women were actually HUMAN.
Reply 223
Original post by Ghaniza
blah blah...? what?

RT
Original post by Ghaniza
blah blah...? what?

M?

Did you say something?

I couldn't catch what you say, are you sure you speak plain English?
Original post by Ghaniza
Pay me to reply

You can have an electronic kiss, babe, but money is quite tight at the moment...

:-)
Original post by Ghaniza
What does that have anything to with Islam?
Slavery was happening before Islam,
lmao go try harder

you are holding yourself out to ridicule at the moment.
slavery has been ordained permissable by the quran, in fact parts of surat al alfan have been dedicated to describing application of slavery.

therefore its as islamic as hajj which is also mentioned in the quran and more islamic than wearing a hijab , which is not actually mentioned in the quran

not a lot of muslims seem to know this....
Original post by Reformed
you are holding yourself out to ridicule at the moment.
slavery has been ordained permissable by the quran, in fact parts of surat al alfan have been dedicated to describing application of slavery.

therefore its as islamic as hajj which is also mentioned in the quran and more islamic than wearing a hijab , which is not actually mentioned in the quran

not a lot of muslims seem to know this....

Go buy a Qu'ran, read it many times like i do then come back and speak, i'm laughing at your lack of knowledge
Original post by lachimie
On the issue of feminism, Islam brought rights to women waaaay before the suffragettes (dunno how you spell it), women were given their right to own property etc meanwhile in Europe people were debating whether women were actually HUMAN.

And the sad thing is, you actually seem to believe this puerile nonsense (as does, presumably, the person who's repped you for it). Do you actually think that no women owned property before Islam came along, or that no women in Europe did before the suffragettes? Freaking lol.

Evidence, please. Show us this 'debate' people in Europe were having about women not being human. What were their names? When did this happen? What percentage, approx, of Europeans expressed a belief that women weren't human?
Original post by chocolate hottie
Yes slavery existed before Islam.

And it existed during Islam. And it exists in Syria today in an avowedly Islamic State.

Shouldn't Islam have tried to stop it during all those centuries? Or does your God actually approve of slavery or something?

Serious question?

First off, people aren't perfect, they have their faults and don't follow religions perfectly. Islam made it clear that slavery isn't right, nor is racism (as slaves were black back then), one of the prophet's closest friends was a former slave who was set free. The first martyr of Islam was a slave woman, she is seen so high by Muslims,and respected sooo much. Muslims SHOULD believe all humans are equal in the eyes of God, it doesn't matter what sex,race,colour,fat,short,thin whatever you look like, the only difference between us humans to God is what good actions you come with and piety. Back to my earlier point about people not being perfect, they may say they 'follow' the religion, but this isn't true as individuals may believe in something , ALTHOUGH THE RELIGION FORBADES IT. Also, Islamic state aren't muslims, they are some confused people as they do everything Islam says not to do.
Original post by Ghaniza
Go buy a Qu'ran, read it many times like i do then come back and speak, i'm laughing at your lack of knowledge

i dont have to buy one, i read it a long time back, im sure long before you. and obviously its only me that paid attention, because you were too dumb to realise slavery is a massive feature
Original post by The Dictator
Lol, Muslims report every little incident that they feel "offended" by and label it Islamophobic...I don't think we can take any of this seriously. We should be more worried about the growing rise of anti-Semitism in Britain.

same can be said for jews reporting small incidents and labeling it as anti Semitic

I don't think small things, especially when said in humour, should be taken as offense in the first place but I'm not a fan of double standards either. Humans are humans and generalizations are generally **** and don't do much good; doubt the handful of Muslims you know or have seen represent the majority. That BEING said, I don't like how quick to jump on the "racist" bandwagon most Muslims I've encountered tend to be; think that's part of our downfall in Britain as a religion.

btw, Akkadians, Assyrians, Arameans, Phoenicians, Hebrews (Jews) and arabs are all semites therefore any attack/racial hatred against them is/can be identified as anti-semitism.
Original post by Achaea
And the sad thing is, you actually seem to believe this puerile nonsense (as does, presumably, the person who's repped you for it). Do you actually think that no women owned property before Islam came along, or that no women in Europe did before the suffragettes? Freaking lol.

Evidence, please. Show us this 'debate' people in Europe were having about women not being human. What were their names? When did this happen? What percentage, approx, of Europeans expressed a belief that women weren't human?

If muslim women are mistreated this is due to cultural or just messed up men basically, nothing to do with religion.
First off, people aren't perfect, they have their faults and don't follow religions perfectly. Islam made it clear that slavery isn't right, nor is racism (as slaves were black back then), one of the prophet's closest friends was a former slave who was set free. The first martyr of Islam was a slave woman, she is seen so high by Muslims,and respected sooo much. Muslims SHOULD believe all humans are equal in the eyes of God, it doesn't matter what sex,race,colour,fat,short,thin whatever you look like, the only difference between us humans to God is what good actions you come with and piety. Back to my earlier point about people not being perfect, they may say they 'follow' the religion, but this isn't true as individuals may believe in something , ALTHOUGH THE RELIGION FORBADES IT. Also, Islamic state aren't muslims, they are some confused people as they do everything Islam says not to do.

how can muslims 'believe all humans are equal' when islam itslef segregates humans into sinners and 'blessed one' based on their faiths. islam promotes the practice fo slavery so by definition it was not interested in promoting quality
i dont have to buy one, i read it a long time back, im sure long before you. and obviously its only me that paid attention, because you were too dumb to realise slavery is a massive feature

what?
Women in London have been attacked and even slaughtered for their "Islamic attire" is this not islamaphobia?

People die because of the religion they're in and you don't want to take "this seriously"?
+of course we should! But why should that stop concerns over islamaphobia too?

Original post by The Dictator
Lol, Muslims report every little incident that they feel "offended" by and label it Islamophobic...I don't think we can take any of this seriously. We should be more worried about the growing rise of anti-Semitism in Britain.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mhm.

Princess Mara Tamara of Bulgaria married amongst other princesses for the Turkish sultan:

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=LOln4TGdDHYC&pg=PA16&lpg=PA16&dq=mara+tamara+of+bulgaria&source=bl&ots=20nvI-4nkM&sig=1bCq99VeVcgP3Blo6Zi5phcmndk&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CDUQ6AEwBmoVChMI4bDs4fLnxwIVzB4eCh1Mowrc#v=onepage&q=mara%20tamara%20of%20bulgaria&f=false

brought him as a legitimate ancestry the whole Bulgaria.

In order to leave the sultan alone in this forced political marriage and to refuse giving her dower she refused to enter his bedroom and to become his favourite wife.

Thus, she never gave up the Bulgarian ancestry to the Ottomans. Legally, the Turkish empire never got Bulgaria.

Is that what you mean. How brides give their share to the man.

No, it is not like that. If it is against your will, it is not legitimate. Even in the Medieval time.

shame...people in 21 century still debate about such issues....that is not a debate, that is a humiliation coming from Muslims.......
If muslim women are mistreated this is due to cultural or just messed up men basically, nothing to do with religion.

I think you meant that reply for someone else, as it has nothing whatsoever to do with my post. (And is equally ridiculous as your last post, given that your 'holy' book gives men the right to beat their disobedient wives and your prophet himself said women are deficient in intelligence, etc etc etc.)

Please answer: you claimed that people in Europe were debating whether women were human. Who were these people? How many? What sources record this debate?

Agree,
honestly, they're not asking questions they want answered, all is rhetorical, they don't care what anyone has to say, useless to argue because ignorance is self befitting
how can muslims 'believe all humans are equal' when islam itslef segregates humans into sinners and 'blessed one' based on their faiths. islam promotes the practice fo slavery so by definition it was not interested in promoting quality

Islam doesn't promote that actually, lol at 'blessed one' sounds like something from a movie. Anyway, I said in the eyes of God, it doesn't matter what you look like. the only difference in people is their faith, God judges , muslims aren't supposed to judge cos they aren't your creator, so they can't disrespect you just cos you don't believe.

Latest

Trending

Trending