The Student Room Group

Why are so many "bisexual" women on dating sites?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SmallTownGirl
I think you have no right to judge the validity of the sexuality of someone you've never met.

Clap :smile:

Jeez. And if OP thinks finding a woman is easier than finding a man is easier is out of their damn mind. Do you know how easy/eager men are.

Women are HARD

It is waaay easier (not saying it's right) to be hetero normative and end up with a guy if you're a woman who happens to be bisexual. For me there are just aren't the opportunities that exist in the same quantity.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think you have no right to judge the validity of the sexuality of someone you've never met.

I see, so you do deny the fact that the phenomena exists. We are all entitled to live in denial so have a nice life. :smile:
Original post by driftawaay
I see, so you do deny the fact that the phenomena exists. We are all entitled to live in denial so have a nice life. :smile:

Since I've never had a relationship does that mean I'm not attracted to anyone? And then if I get into a relationship (to someone I couldn't have be attracted to before) I can't be attracted to anyone else?

Someone seems rather closed minded. It is a sad thing that not even members of the queer community can agree to be open minded to one another. It is not a surprise those who aren't queer fail to be open minded, in such an instance, is it?

Furthermore, where do you get this perverse belief that female bisexuals are faking it for the most part? Is it due to how many more females are bi than males? I would say rather than most girls faking it that it is just that when guys are sincerely bi they don't come out because being bi as a guy is far less tolerated by society.

Granted, I do believe women are more open minded about sex, and stuff in general than guys. But, post 21, at least, I think most bisexual women are sincere in that.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Eveiebaby
Clap :smile:

Jeez. And if OP thinks finding a woman is easier than finding a man is easier is out of their damn mind. Do you know how easy/eager men are.

Not that that's a bad thing, mind!
Original post by HawluchaGracias
Furthermore, where do you get this perverse belief that female bisexuals are faking it for the most part? Is it due to how many more females are bi than males? I would say rather than most girls faking it that it is just that when guys are sincerely bi they don't come out because being bi as a guy is far less tolerated by society.

There are some people who say they're bisexual for attention or to attract men (who think they'll get a threesome). I dislike these people.
Original post by Mactotaur
There are some people who say they're bisexual for attention or to attract men (who think they'll get a threesome). I dislike these people.

I'm almost certain the vast majority of men would not actually want to engage in a three-some. Or at least, those who want long term relationships rather than just casual sex.

I do think that teens in general often call themselves bisexual when they are not. Often that's a way of subtly coming out as a homo. Or it's just them being confused about their sexuality. But as I said before, I think post-21 most female bisexuals are sincere.
Someone seems rather closed minded. It is a sad thing that not even members of the queer community can agree to be open minded to one another. It is not a surprise those who aren't queer fail to be open minded, in such an instance, is it?

Granted, I do believe women are more open minded about sex, and stuff in general than guys. But, post 21, at least, I think most bisexual women are sincere in that.

I ****ing hate the rivalries within the LGBTQ+ community. There's so much 'looking down' on people who have a different identity to you and then there's this hatred of anyone who is perceived to have more privilege than you.

I find it ridiculous (but also an example of how phallo-centric our view of sex and sexuality is) that bi men are considered to be gay but in denial and bi women are considered to be straight but doing it for male attention.
I ****ing hate the rivalries within the LGBTQ+ community. There's so much 'looking down' on people who have a different identity to you and then there's this hatred of anyone who is perceived to have more privilege than you.

I find it ridiculous (but also an example of how phallo-centric our view of sex and sexuality is) that bi men are considered to be gay but in denial and bi women are considered to be straight but doing it for male attention.

Yes. I agree entirely. It is ridiculous and sad. Sad because nobody sees it. It's just absurd.
Yes. I agree entirely. It is ridiculous and sad. Sad because nobody sees it. It's just absurd.

I tried to explain my frustration to my best friend (who's a cis het guy) and he was shocked and appalled at the way people in the community treat each other.

I don't think she's saying bisexuals don't exist, but rather people abuse the term too much for people to know if they're really telling the truth.
I've met too many girls who claim they're bi, but you can tell from the fact they show no interest in girls, or seem disgusted with lesbian sex that they're clearly straight, and too many guys who say they're bi, but few months later they say they're gay.
I do genuinely believe there are legit bisexuals, but because of what I said, I understand why people are sceptical
Reply 31
Original post by Anonymous
I've seen dozens, literally dozens... and they're all really, really ugly - to me at least.

I'm not really complaining lol, but it seems funny.

Funny? That's one word for it...

Why don't you find straight women on dating sites who are 'ugly' funny instead? Who cares about whether they're bi, gay or straight as long as they are happy. Okay some of them make not be very good looking to you, but to someone else, they will be. It's pretty immature to find it funny.
Since I've never had a relationship does that mean I'm not attracted to anyone? And then if I get into a relationship (to someone I couldn't have be attracted to before) I can't be attracted to anyone else?

I don't see how this is relevant to the phenomena of attention seekers pretending to be bisexual to get male attention, but OK.
I tried to explain my frustration to my best friend (who's a cis het guy) and he was shocked and appalled at the way people in the community treat each other.

And rightly so. As such a person he would most likely be hidden from the inner goings on of the queer community and honestly the extent to which homosexuals really are hostile towards bisexuals is just shocking.

Bless him :tongue:

Furthermore, where do you get this perverse belief that female bisexuals are faking it for the most part?

I never said female bisexuals are faking it. That's an oxymoron. I said attention seekers pretend to be bisexual these days to get male attention.

Go and pick a fight with someone else.
I'm almost certain the vast majority of men would not actually want to engage in a three-some. Or at least, those who want long term relationships rather than just casual sex.

That's not to say that some desperate heterosexual girls won't clutch at straws,

For the record, I'm bisexual, I know that bisexuals exist.
And rightly so. As such a person he would most likely be hidden from the inner goings on of the queer community and honestly the extent to which homosexuals really are hostile towards bisexuals is just shocking.

Bless him :tongue:

Yeah. His response was 'Why do you talk to these people?'
I never said female bisexuals are faking it. That's an oxymoron. I said attention seekers pretend to be bisexual these days to get male attention.

Go and pick a fight with someone else.

:facepalm:
Original post by Anonymous
:facepalm:

That's my reaction whenever I see an anon weakling.
That's my reaction whenever I see an anon weakling.

I'm not playing semantics with you. Clearly that's what you wish to do which is no doubt why the anon face-palmed at your comment. Completely avoiding the nub of my comment.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending