The Student Room Group

Girl sent home from school due to hair style?

Well what do we all think ? I'll tell you what I think, its an absolute disgrace for this to even be on the news. At the end of the day the school is there to help prepare students for the world of work and for the students to comply so one day they can be successful.Not only that the school has a very clear policy about hair styles, therefore if she is in the school she should obey the rules. Schools want to portray a positive image of themselves and having students with
leopard skin hair styles doesnt really portray a positive one does it ?

So her mum claims its a preach of her human right, well which one ? 'Freedom of expression' well does it really breach her human rights within that right it can be restricted due to protecting the rights and reputations of other people ? Ie the schools reputation ?

She also said she got bullied which can be sad, but wouldnt the bullying get worse now ?

To be honest absolute bull****, you go to school to learn, not to look like a ****ing leopard.

What do you guys think ?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3224954/School-sent-13-year-old-girl-home-leopard-print-hair-cut.html

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
WTF??...

*Looks at her mum*

No wonder.
I think certain schools over react over inappropriate wear and hair colour because at the end of the day if it does not affect the person in any shape or form then why should it affect the school.
What was she even thinking? :laugh:
Reply 4
Original post by 08Mercyf
I think certain schools over react over inappropriate wear and hair colour because at the end of the day if it does not affect the person in any shape or form then why should it affect the school.

Dont you think her haircut was a bit over the top ? What if you walked into a decent job like that surely they would have something to say
Reply 5
She be looking like Christy Mack.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
She actually chose to do that to herself?!
If you think that's bad, my school gives you a 1/2 hour detention for every skirt roll.
Reply 8
But what about her human rights?:rolleyes:
To be honest I think the school should be more concerned about her education than what she looks like. If she wants to look like an idiot then so be it.
Schools are not just about education, or being educated, they are a place who are tasked with churning out responsible, well-rounded adults. Adults who can play by the rules of life and (hopefully) win, despite its apparent unfairness.

As with many things in life, a school is represented by the people within it, and the vice versa applies.

I think allowing such a ridiculous haircut would actually be doing the child a dis-service. Appearances do matter in life, but you go to a job interview looking like you couldn't give a damn and that's how you'll be assumed to be.

Call it unfair all you want, but there are more important things in this childs life than expressing herself to the absolute extreme.

Good on the headteacher for standing firm in the interests of the child even when her parent won't.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by thecatwithnohat
If you think that's bad, my school gives you a 1/2 hour detention for every skirt roll.

Whats a skirt roll? :biggrin:
Original post by Cpj16
Whats a skirt roll? :biggrin:

A normal school skirt that you roll up to make it shorter :yep:
Reply 13
A normal school skirt that you roll up to make it shorter :yep:

why would you do that....oh :biggrin:
Original post by Cpj16
why would you do that....oh :biggrin:

Not me, I'm in sixth form :innocent:. But the girls in the lower years i.e. year 11 and below have to wear school uniform and if you don't roll the skirt up, you literally look like a nun because the skirt is so long :zomg:
well tbh it was a rather hideous haircut... :s-smilie:
Reply 16
Not me, I'm in sixth form :innocent:. But the girls in the lower years i.e. year 11 and below have to wear school uniform and if you don't roll the skirt up, you literally look like a nun because the skirt is so long :zomg:

haha at least at your school you don't have to pray for an hour every sunday!!:biggrin:
Good. The next generation of kids lack discipline in my opinion. They need bootcamp like treatment otherwise the future doesn't look promising.
Original post by Cpj16
haha at least at your school you don't have to pray for an hour every sunday!!:biggrin:

:eek: no way, why do they make you do that?!

Mine literally just implemented a rule this term where if you're late, you have to be in half an hour earlier the next day for a detention. If you miss that, you get an hour detention. If you miss that, you get a two hour detention with the head. And if you miss that, you get excluded :lol:

military-like schools smh
That awful haircut deserves to be sent home :erm:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending