The Student Room Group

Please be honest: would you date a girl who has had one night stands?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
If she was past it then yeah I would

2 years clear now :smile: I would never go back I'm just not cut out for that emotionally.
Original post by Cherie Amour
So you only date virgins? I hope you remain one till you meet your soulmate, otherwise that is hypocrisy.

No, I'm not a virgin but I wouldn't date a girl who has had one night stands; this is a personal preference.
Original post by Anonymous
2 years clear now :smile: I would never go back I'm just not cut out for that emotionally.

Yeah if she had left that thing behind then I would defo consider dating her
I've had 5 to be precise over the course of 5 years, although my last was over 2 years ago (I'm 26 now). Two were with strangers and three with guys that I knew and I only had 'full' intercourse with one. I was single during all of them and no longer speak with the guys that I knew. Also for the record I am disease free.

If I'm honest I had these because I had low self esteem and wanted to feel close to someone and didn't feel worthy of anyone long term. My way of thinking was I'm not good enough for a relationship only to be used... That someone could only feel sexual desire for me but never anything meaningful so I thought I should take what I can get. I deeply regret it all and hate my past self for it so much. I've learnt from the experience and I take responsibility for what happened to me. I have been abstinent since I feel sick when I think about the things I did. I'm in therapy for general anxiety and we sometimes work through this too.

I just feel like a used up wh**e. Please don't talk about how casual sex can be fun etc. because I can't speak for anyone else but for me it was very unhealthy to let people into my body who didn't give a damn about me.

So guys what do you think? Would you run a mile? Or would you consider dating a girl like this? Give me you thoughts and don't hold back!

Oh my goodness, that is so sad. When I had low self esteem as a teenager, I actually did the opposite. I refused to be used and ended up becoming celibate. Perhaps it's masochism so that's why I feel it could be because of low self esteem that I cannot be intimate with someone.
Original post by quentinhamilton
No, I'm not a virgin but I wouldn't date a girl who has had one night stands; this is a personal preference.

So you would date a virgin. I don't know any deflowered women who are still sexually active but not having one night stands or friends with benefits. I actually don't see how having sex outside of marriage but not having one night stands is anymore noble or moral or chaste than an actual ONS.
Are you influenced by religion or is that just your own personal values? I was brought up Christian myself and feel bad for abandoning my values. I know God forgives but people usually don't.

I am a High Church Anglican. God only forgives if you seek forgiveness. What sort of Christian were you? I can forgives you for your actions, but it means you are an immoral person for undertaking such actions.
Original post by Mankytoes
Couldn't give a ****, if I'm dating a twenty six year old I expect her to have had a bit of history. I'd be much more worried about your apparantly unhealthy attitude towards the experience. I have a liberal attitude towards sex (I'm still into monogamy), and I'm not sure we'd be compatable.

Would you mind that I've had one night stands, didn't regret them, and would have them again if I was single?

I don't mind other people having casual sex. And I wouldn't have a problem with a guy who had in the past so long as he remained loyal to me. What I am trying to say is that I personally have been very negatively affected by it for the reason that only had casual sex because I felt bad about myself rather than wanting to having fun, pleasure etc. I now know the only space I can personally explore my sexuality is within a monogamous relationship where we both love and care for each other. This does not mean I want to police what others do in the bedroom. The reason I ask this question is because the reality is that women more so than men are looked down upon for sleeping around. I also recently started to date a guy who is a virgin. It's early days of course but should this continue I will find myself telling him this same story and I won't lie I am nervous about this.
Cool. Let's have one now.

Excellent: I'll hold the rope at one end, you grasp the other, and we'll pirouette (dis)gracefully towards the middle, leaving a trail of garments in our wake.
I don't see why it matters if you were single at the time.
So you would date a virgin. I don't know any deflowered women who are still sexually active but not having one night stands or friends with benefits. I actually don't see how having sex outside of marriage but not having one night stands is anymore noble or moral or chaste than an actual ONS.

I understand your point though I see a vast difference between sex with a random stranger (you'd never see again) and sex with someone you care for/committed to.
sure - one of my favourite past girlfriends I actually met basically on a one night stand
I've also had things with virgin girls which isn't as colourful but either way I only care about their personality (and their looks to an extent)
Original post by william walker
I am a High Church Anglican. God only forgives if you seek forgiveness. What sort of Christian were you? I can forgives you for your actions, but it means you are an immoral person for undertaking such actions.

Evangelical... I have had a sexually immoral past I won't deny that but I have changed my ways and repented. I appreciate your honesty anyway.
Reply 32
Yes I would
I understand your point though I see a vast difference between sex with a random stranger (you'd never see again) and sex with someone you care for/committed to.

This all stings but thank you. I wish I would have had the integrity to wait for someone that did care about me.

Yes I get one is better than the other, but it's really comparing the lesser of two evils. Well either way, it's kind of hypocritical but I'm no feminist. If you want to start a committed relationship with a chaste woman, it makes nothing but sense. But I just don't see how a non virgin is going to get that opportunity.
No, never..
Original post by Profesh
Excellent: I'll hold the rope at one end, you grasp the other, and we'll pirouette (dis)gracefully towards the middle, leaving a trail of garments in our wake.

That's beautiful.

Oh my goodness, that is so sad. When I had low self esteem as a teenager, I actually did the opposite. I refused to be used and ended up becoming celibate. Perhaps it's masochism so that's why I feel it could be because of low self esteem that I cannot be intimate with someone.

Good for you for not letting yourself be used it's a shame about the low self esteem though. Yeah I wasn't sexually active until just before I turned 20 (literally 4 days before) and was celibate throughout my teens but after that it was like something just broke in me and I couldn't take it any more I just wanted to be held for one night by my friend at the time I was so lonely.
Original post by MylittlePlusle
No, never..

Okay, if you don't mind please can you be honest and explain your reasons?
Original post by slade p
Yes I would

Do you mind explaining a little as to why you would?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending