The Student Room Group

Do I scare or intimidate her?

ok first off, she is not the loud type and nor am i. in many respects our personality is the same, conversations always feel awkwarrd unless there is a third person. I have known her for a long time but things never have got better really. In a group she seems ok but doesn't talk too me as much. i get feeling sometimes she does not like me very much. She also does this where if im walking towards her and she's coming the other way she will walk faster so as to not meet and when walks up to give me something she walks really fast to me and then quickly walks away. she's also quiet talking to me sometimes and polite. other times she comes off as blunt and rude. If i approach her to give her something, she will not look me in the eyes at all. she avoids eye contact. She is also older than me. I get the impression i scare her? or she simply doesn't like me?
She could just be shy and feels awkward around you.
I worry about that myself sometimes. I'm 6 foot 1 and built like a brick s**t house. My resting face is scarier than Dr evil from Austin Powers.
Reply 3
Maybe she is being shy around you because she has feelings for you? Even though you may not be close she may still feel attracted to you. There are some people who if they like someone they avoid them so it doesn't make things obvious that they have feelings for another person (in this case you). I dont think they are intimidated by you at all, just shy.
Reply 4
Maybe its hard to read with her being like she is makes me feel like she dislikes me
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Maybe its hard to read with her being like she is makes me feel like she dislikes me

I see what you mean. I guess the only thing you can really do is ask her on a one to one basis and maybe tell her what you are feeling and see what she says?

Maybe ask her if there is a reason why she is acting so shy around you eg no eye contact etc.

If she doesnt like you, then forget her. There will be people in the world that dislike others for no reason but to be honest thats their loss.

Maybe try to strike more conversation with her within the group of 3 instead of waiting for her to say something to you. Dont force it though, theres nothing wrong with having nothing to say to her.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending