The Student Room Group

Tariff points help

Hello! I was hoping someone can help me calculate how many tariff points I had as I don't know where to find the information to calculate it.
I had A*AA in A2 economics, biology and chemistry respectively and a b in As maths and Arabic. I was hoping to apply for Barts but I don't know if it's worth it or not.
Reply 1
my As's are AABBB in economics, chemistry and biology and maths and Arabic respectively
Original post by Ahmed766
my As's are AABBB in economics, chemistry and biology and maths and Arabic respectively

Try googling UCAS tariff points. You'll easily find a guide to calculating your points.
Reply 3
thanks just found the calculator and I only have 480 points...
thanks just found the calculator and I only have 480 points...

It would depend on your UKCAT
Reply 5
Yeah I think my score is pretty low... Oh well my fault for not working
Reply 6
can anyone help me? Is it worth applying to Barts despite my 480 tariff points? I'm really upset because if I carried on with Arabic at A2 it would've been better :frown:
Reply 7
can anyone help me? Is it worth applying to Barts despite my 480 tariff points? I'm really upset because if I carried on with Arabic at A2 it would've been better :frown:

I have a tarrif of 460/500, and i really want to apply to barts! Is that any good?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Rp165
I have a tarrif of 460/500, and i really want to apply to barts! Is that any good?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Apparently anything above 410 is acceptable for barts, my take on it is that anything below 550 or so is on the low scale and I think it would be fine for you to apply but it's pretty risky unless your UKCAT is strong. What's your UKCAT like?
Reply 9
Apparently anything above 410 is acceptable for barts, my take on it is that anything below 550 or so is on the low scale and I think it would be fine for you to apply but it's pretty risky unless your UKCAT is strong. What's your UKCAT like?

I got 685 average Alhumdullilah!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by Rp165
I got 685 average Alhumdullilah!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mashallah that's really high I think
Reply 11
Mashallah that's really high I think

Yes i dont know of its high either!!
With some unis though, they combine your grades with the ukcat. And then they take into account everything else obviously like personal statement. So, your chances of securing an interview are not based on ukcat or grades alone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by Rp165
Yes i dont know of its high either!!
With some unis though, they combine your grades with the ukcat. And then they take into account everything else obviously like personal statement. So, your chances of securing an interview are not based on ukcat or grades alone!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wanted to apply for Barts but my UKCAT is low (625) and my UCAS tariff is also low for them (480) so I don't think it's worth it...
Reply 13
I wanted to apply for Barts but my UKCAT is low (625) and my UCAS tariff is also low for them (480) so I don't think it's worth it...

I dont really think the ucas tarriff is that much of a problem!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by Rp165
I dont really think the ucas tarriff is that much of a problem!

Posted from TSR Mobile

really? I would love to apply to barts instead of st. George's but that is where my problem is. I just don't think I have enough to be considered there....
Reply 15
really? I would love to apply to barts instead of st. George's but that is where my problem is. I just don't think I have enough to be considered there....

Yes but what really is considered a high ukcat? My grades are a bit lower and so i really have to pick the unis i apply to carefully just so i meet the min requirments! It really is hard to apply to medicine!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by Rp165
Yes but what really is considered a high ukcat? My grades are a bit lower and so i really have to pick the unis i apply to carefully just so i meet the min requirments! It really is hard to apply to medicine!

Posted from TSR Mobile

what are your grades/UKCAT like?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending