The Student Room Group

Why so many homeless people in the UK? turning into a 3rd world country

Scroll to see replies

Original post by domonict
actually, you have no evidence in your postings that the people talked about here are homeless.

The thread starts with talking about homelessness, but is actually about begging.

There is a guy near me who begs 7 days a week and is given cash and food. His mate sits on a blanket, they look pretty miserable.
Infact, they share a house, and have a smack habit.
Even the food donators are not "helping" as any money saved on having to buy food just goes on more smack.

Appears some are in actual genuine need. Although i hear your need, still very much a 3rd world trait. UK is declining fast.
Original post by Bill_Gates
Homeless already have systems set up which the government appears to seem are adequate. I've just killed your "argument". Live with it like.

More refugees in the UK the better.

Where would you house them then? There aren't enough houses for them, the country can't cope we are a small island unless you want to put them in your house and pay for their food and medical needs
Original post by _icecream
Where would you house them then? There aren't enough houses for them, the country can't cope we are a small island unless you want to put them in your house and pay for their food and medical needs

Plenty of housing. Only constraints are in London. Many cities have spare capacity. Some of our cities are well under populated. We need strong work ethic.
Plenty of housing. Only constraints are in London. Many cities have spare capacity. Some of our cities are well under populated. We need strong work ethic.

It will take them time to learn a new language a couple of decades for them to integrate into the local community
There maybe space in those cities but there is a lack of houses, hospitals can't cope, schools are full, it will take extra effort to teach the kids a new language on an already overcrowded primary school and with overworked teachers
(edited 8 years ago)
It will take them time to learn a new language a couple of decades for them to integrate into the local community

Well worth the costs. Migrants in the long term create plenty of jobs. We need wealth creators, every country does.
Well worth the costs. Migrants in the long term create plenty of jobs. We need wealth creators, every country does.

Your average migrant will hardly become the next Bill Gates or Steve Jobs they are here for an easier life on Benefits
Reply 46
Feminism, atheism and ultra liberalism is to blame.
Mostly drug and alchohol abuse coupled with the recent governments war on aiding those in need.
Reply 48
Beggars in the UK make more money than doctors working in the public sector in eastern Europe.

Original post by strangesquark
I personally see a lot of Eastern European homeless people around where I live. They came here without any income or jobs secured, poor grasp of the language, hoping to live off benefits. And when that didn't work out as well as they hoped, that's what happens. It's because so many people think they can have a better life in the UK. And whilst some certainly do, it's not always the case. But it's hard to dispel this from some people's imaginations. Humans are stubborn.
Reply 49
They're not helping themselves out.
There's one near my local bus stop.
This one time, he shouted that he soiled his pants and needed money for a pair of new trousers. Everyone ignored him. There's public toilets and charities for people like him. He stank of alcohol and urine. Who would want to help an individual like that when they don't have the will to help themselves?
Reply 50
The UK has been a third world country for a long time. It is one of the main reasons I left. Let all the idiots who think otherwise stay their and live out their lives in a police state going through financial ruin. They are the idiots and deserve everything they get. I don't regret leaving at all as now I have a great life frequenting beaches, getting drunk, partying and living the good life. These people in the UK think they've got it good but they're being mugged off and its hilarious. They deserve everything they get for being so idiotic. I would rather fall on a sword than return to that **** hole and thats my honest opinion. I hope to never have to return. Im not even joking. I would happily give up my British citizenship because my life is so good right now I never want to return.
Original post by Hai_Ann
They're not helping themselves out.
There's one near my local bus stop.
This one time, he shouted that he soiled his pants and needed money for a pair of new trousers. Everyone ignored him. There's public toilets and charities for people like him. He stank of alcohol and urine. Who would want to help an individual like that when they don't have the will to help themselves?

He most likely has mental health issues.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr JB
The UK has been a third world country for a long time. It is one of the main reasons I left. Let all the idiots who think otherwise stay their and live out their lives in a police state going through financial ruin. They are the idiots and deserve everything they get. I don't regret leaving at all as now I have a great life frequenting beaches, getting drunk, partying and living the good life. These people in the UK think they've got it good but they're being mugged off and its hilarious. They deserve everything they get for being so idiotic. I would rather fall on a sword than return to that **** hole and thats my honest opinion. I hope to never have to return. Im not even joking. I would happily give up my British citizenship because my life is so good right now I never want to return.

Then why haven't you given it up yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 53
Original post by Moonstruck16
Then why haven't you given it up yet?

I have. I don't live in the UK anymore. I left just before the general election because I refuse to put with this **** any longer. I didn't contribute to the country entering a mass amount of debt, the baby bloomers did, and I am sure as hell not going to ****ing struggle all of my life to pay for it. If you want to stay in the UK and pay for these dickheads to live then that is your own prerogative but some of us have left or will leave and prefer to live it up and get rich abroad. Why would I stay in the UK and live in a concrete jungle as a corporate slave when I can move abroad and live on my own terms? You have to be deluded if you think I'm staying in that cesspit of a nation. The vast majority of people in the UK are living **** boring lives and think its great because they don't know any better. I'm fortunate enough to be in a position to have gotten out of that absolute dump and I can honestly say I hope to never ever go back. The UK is not the great empirical place it once was, it is a country burdened with debt and corrupted socially by entitled materialistic people. The more people that stay in the UK the better because I dont want my new homeland corrupted. I am living the dream here and the more westernised the place this becomes the worse it gets.

Your average migrant will hardly become the next Bill Gates or Steve Jobs they are here for an easier life on Benefits

Steve Jobs was a Syrian migrant LOL

hahahaha
Original post by strangesquark
I personally see a lot of Eastern European homeless people around where I live. They came here without any income or jobs secured, poor grasp of the language, hoping to live off benefits. And when that didn't work out as well as they hoped, that's what happens. It's because so many people think they can have a better life in the UK. And whilst some certainly do, it's not always the case. But it's hard to dispel this from some people's imaginations. Humans are stubborn.

Snap
it's clear the UK is fast becoming a third world country. It's best to either build a wall around my house or carry bags of spare change.
Reply 57
Original post by Mr JB

You only left a few months ago; just before the general election you said. It's all new and interesting now isn't it? But see how you feel a few years down the road before you make lofty claims about wanting to give up your British citizenship.

I left the UK 15 years ago (and have lived in the US, Canada, Australia, Mexico, Guatemala, and Uzbekistan during that time) . While I have zero desire to return to the UK there's no way would I give up my Brit citizenship. I've been away for long enough to understand that the grass isn't always greener.
Reply 58
Original post by Howard
You only left a few months ago; just before the general election you said. See how you feel later before you make lofty claims about wanting to give up your British citizenship.

I left the UK 15 years ago (and have lived in the US, Canada, Australia, Mexico, Guatemala, and Uzbekistan during that time) . While I have zero desire to return to the UK there's no way would I give up my Brit citizenship. I've been away for long enough to understand that the grass isn't always greener.

I've lived outside of the UK before and every time I've returned all I've seen is a moral decline. I never want to go back and whilst I accept the grass isn't always greener, its sure as hell a lot better where I currently am in turns of the life I live than back in the UK. I've been away permanently this time for only a few months but I did not make that decision on a whim, I did on the back of spending periodic times out of the UK, financial reasons in regard to setting up business (which is doing well now) and other reasons. Put simply, I do not want to go back and have no desire to do so and yes, I would give up my British citizenship tomorrow if I could do so.
Original post by Howard
You only left a few months ago; just before the general election you said. It's all new and interesting now isn't it? But see how you feel a few years down the road before you make lofty claims about wanting to give up your British citizenship.

The grass is always greener everywhere for the rich Howard.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending