The Student Room Group

GCSE maths resit

Hi guys :smile: I start sixth form tomorrow (exciting times!!!) :biggrin: I'll be taking English language and literature combined, Sociology and Media Studies at AS. Unfortunately I scored a D in GCSE maths which means I have to resit :frown: I'm sure I'll be fine, my GCSE teacher wasn't much help! :P however if anyone could talk me through the process of retaking maths I'd be really grateful?! Thank you all :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thevamps99xo
Hi guys :smile: I start sixth form tomorrow (exciting times!!!) :biggrin: I'll be taking English language and literature combined, Sociology and Media Studies at AS. Unfortunately I scored a D in GCSE maths which means I have to resit :frown: I'm sure I'll be fine, my GCSE teacher wasn't much help! :P however if anyone could talk me through the process of retaking maths I'd be really grateful?! Thank you all :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

There is a resit session in November so make sure you are put in for the exam; check with the exams officer this week as the final date for entries is soon.
Reply 2
I don't know anything about the process, I guess, but I'm assuming your school has arranged for you to take a GCSE maths class with everyone else that didn't get a C and you aren't expected to teach it to yourself.

If it wasn't for past papers I would have failed too. So my best tip would be to do all the past papers!!! Then go through the mark schemes, or ask if your teacher could mark it for you, luckily my teacher did and it was so helpful!
See what topics you tend to struggle with, things you get wrong, and revise those!
Good luck with your resit :smile:
Original post by Muttley79
There is a resit session in November so make sure you are put in for the exam; check with the exams officer this week as the final date for entries is soon.

I think ive got a lesson tomorrow so I'll ask.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thevamps99xo
I think ive got a lesson tomorrow so I'll ask.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's worth doing it in November so you can focus on your AS levels after that.
Original post by Muttley79
It's worth doing it in November so you can focus on your AS levels after that.

That is a very good point, I really want to get my head down now and prove myself and everyone who believes in me right :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest