The Student Room Group
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website

Anyone for MSc Diagnostic Radiography (Pre-Reg) Jan 2016 start?

Hey!

I just got my letter offering me a place on MSc Diagnostic Radiography (Pre-Reg) and was wondering if anyone else is starting this course in Jan 2016?

Scroll to see replies

I was offered a place too and accepted. Cant wait!
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website
Ola!

I applied for the BSc Diagnostic Radiography course, and because I already have a degree, they offered me a place on the MSc to start in January 2016.

I can't wait!

Bit nervous about learning all of the anatomy myself, which is terrifying, but I've spoken to a current student there and I'm hoping to get a bit ahead of the game with some reading and stuff.

I've been out of education for a couple of years so I'm a bit nervy! Waaaaah!

What're you guys doing at the minute?
Reply 3
Yay people!!!

I've just finished my BSc so going straight into the MSc.

What are you guys planning to do accommodation wise?
Reply 4
Hi everyone I have been offered an interview which is next month. I will be commuting from Newcastle if I get a place. I graduated in a BSc in 2013 and have applied to the MSc.

Is anyone else commuting or know any further information about the timetables/placements?Has anybody made a facebook group?
I know the placement starts in June and lasts a while. Maybe until Xmas? And then you're in uni January - April ish and then back on placement until September time? Then you graduate with the PgD if you want, and the MSc starts November until January for the dissertation. That's all very approx!

You get to put your placement choices in preferential order with all 7 hospitals, so you would probably stand a good chance getting the RVI if you're near Newcastle. I think everyone will want James Cook to be honest.....

I'm going to be commuting from Darlington :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
I don't think there is a facebook group for this course yet.

Regarding timetables I think they said during the interview that you'll usually spend Mon/Wed/Fri in uni and then Tues/Thur are to be used for independent study.
Does anyone know what books we need? Or any work we can be doing prior to starting?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(By work I just mean prep! I heard that on the MSc you are very much left alone to learn the human anatomy so i'm trying to get a head start on that....!!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
I found this online which gives a guide on stuff you can learn before the course starts:
https://sohsc.tees.ac.uk/sites/Welcome/index.cfm/pgdmsc-diagnostic-radiography-pre-reg/anatomical-terminologypdf/

Not sure if the textbooks listed are up to date so I wouldn't purchase any just yet.
Hey

Im starting the course in January and was wondering what everyones doing about accommodation? Was thinking about renting a house if anyone is interested let me know....
Reply 11
Original post by darrendewick
Hey

Im starting the course in January and was wondering what everyones doing about accommodation? Was thinking about renting a house if anyone is interested let me know....

I'm gonna be looking for accommodation in the area too. Had a look at halls but you can't get a 2 year contract starting in January so looks like renting is the best option.

Also has anyone heard anything back after sending the acceptance form back?
(edited 8 years ago)
I have a place in a nearby town. I might be renting out my spare room, but I'm not too sure yet!

I had to go into uni for them to photocopy my degree certificate. I asked if it was okay that I hadn't heard anything and the lady said it was absolutely fine and that we wouldn't hear anything until October/November time

Does anyone know when to start to apply for the NHS bursary?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by ginandbird
I have a place in a nearby town. I might be renting out my spare room, but I'm not too sure yet!

I had to go into uni for them to photocopy my degree certificate. I asked if it was okay that I hadn't heard anything and the lady said it was absolutely fine and that we wouldn't hear anything until October/November time

Does anyone know when to start to apply for the NHS bursary?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

On the NHS Bursary website it says that for courses starting Jan 2015 you could start applying from October 2014 so I presume it will be about the same for this year too. I think when we hear from Teesside they'll tell us about applying for funding though.
Ahhh! Awesome! Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
HI, I am starting in January 2016 as well! I've been trying to find somebody else who will be starting! Alex
Original post by Chris_K_93
Hey!

I just got my letter offering me a place on MSc Diagnostic Radiography (Pre-Reg) and was wondering if anyone else is starting this course in Jan 2016?

I am starting next January as well.. Been trying to find other people who will be starting the course! Alex
Hey! I got offered exactly the same because I already had a BSc in forensic science! Apparently we get all of our documents through with start dates and stuff in October? Have you heard the same?
Alex
Reply 18
Hey Guys, I got my letter offering me a place on the course yesterday. I just purchased the Monkhouse clinical anatomy 2nd edition book. They said we should get our induction packs in October / November. Looks like there's 25 of us, I think we're going to be split into 2 groups if I remember right.
Original post by Imran360
Hey Guys, I got my letter offering me a place on the course yesterday. I just purchased the Monkhouse clinical anatomy 2nd edition book. They said we should get our induction packs in October / November. Looks like there's 25 of us, I think we're going to be split into 2 groups if I remember right.

Oh cool! I got my offer about a year ago for a deferred entry this year, somebody called Jackie emailed me and said I'd get any relevant information around October then to start applying for finance etc!
Alex

Quick Reply