The Student Room Group

why Muslims?

I'm new to TSR and just happened to see (at first glance so correct me if i'm wrong) there is a lot of hate regarding Muslims?

I would think its because of the chain of events mentioned in the media on regular basis?
Although, in all honesty if you looked from a wider perspective you'd know that there are approximately 1.6 billion (21% approx.) Muslims in the world and only a minority - around 3% would actually be considered to be extremists or related to terrorism.

so... why so much hate?

Muslims.. how do you feel about this??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't hate Muslims. I don't mind any religion so long as they have respect for me (not being religious).

I think the issue is that the media portrays so many extremists that are supposedly Muslim. People don't realise, that extremists and terrorists are everywhere, not just in one religion. People are afraid of what they don't understand, and for a lot of people, religion and cultures that are perhaps more 'traditional', is one of these things. I'm not in anyway trying to say that it's right to hate Muslims or any religion of course, but there is always something in the media which makes people afraid, and a lot spread across the internet which is false, and people use it against certain cultures.

EDIT: Perfect example, look at WW2, and anti-Semitism. The huge amount of propaganda that was used to blame them for the problems in the world, e.g. Germany's failing economy at the time. The world will always blame it's problems on groups that don't 'fit' with the modern society.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Terrorists like ISIS members don't represent Muslims or Islam. I'm a Muslim myself and like most Muslims I don't agree with these people who are causing corruption. It can be frustrating sometimes because I have to explain that I don't support them
It's just the vocal minority e.g. skip snip making calls for muslim genocide, TheBBQ referring to Muslims as mudslime etc...

Bunch of kittens who've become lions due to online anonymity. They don't really bother me tbh.
Reply 4
they're online and get a bit too excited just ignore them
Original post by IdeasForLife
It's just the vocal minority e.g. skip snip making calls for muslim genocide, TheBBQ referring to Muslims as mudslime etc...

Bunch of kittens who've become lions due to online anonymity. They don't really bother me tbh.

You forgot the other guy, Lockheed Spooky...
Reply 6
Original post by Starvation13
Those guys are just too salty

I happen to have seen you comment the same on a different thread? why repeat pointless things? it must be fatigue - you could do with sleep mate.
Original post by yelllowribbon
You forgot the other guy, Lockheed Spooky...

He's banned atm so I left him out :tongue:
Oh nice, some good news today then :tongue:
He's banned atm so I left him out :tongue:
Original post by cookiemunch
I'm new to TSR and just happened to see (at first glance so correct me if i'm wrong) there is a lot of hate regarding Muslims?

I would think its because of the chain of events mentioned in the media on regular basis?
Although, in all honesty if you looked from a wider perspective you'd know that there are approximately 1.6 billion (21% approx.) Muslims in the world and only a minority - around 3% would actually be considered to be extremists or related to terrorism.

so... why so much hate?

So what you're saying is, there's approximately 48 million people out there who identify with their religion so devoutly that they'd wish to cause other people harm?

3% is a small percentage. Very small. But it's also worth bearing in mind that that's only 5mil short of the entire population of England. Various Muslim communities rightfully shun these fundamentalists, but many do not (which begs the question, if they do not detract then are they enabling?).
So the issue isn't really as black and white as yay or nay Islam, though it goes without saying the judging the majority on the actions of the minority is a bit of a dick move.

Also worth mentioning is that there's a lot of rational critiques of Islam on here. Don't confuse these valid criticisms as hate posts like many of the more sensitive members of TSR do.
Original post by cookiemunch

so... why so much hate?

I hate it because I am a good person! :frown:
I also love Islam and it is very close to my heart :smile:
Reply 12

what a joker
I'd like to think of these people as the vocal minority. They hide behind "Oh actually I hate Islam; not Muslims" when in another post theyre saying how much they hate Muslims and how terrible Muslims are..
I think this forum should be called the 'students who like to talk about Islam rooms' as there is always aboit three threads on the main page about it at a time. i try to ignore it but it can be hard.. just take it with a pinch of salt :smile:
Original post by Vakitisvitis
If I was in charge , you muslims would pay for your crimes against humanity, freedom and happiness and progress..

Did a Muslim take your job?
Maybe a Muslim took your girlfriend?
Is that why you're so unhappy?
Maybe you can't progress because a Muslim took your university place right?
Reply 16
If I was in charge , you muslims would pay for your crimes against humanity, freedom and happiness and progress..

Well good thing you aren't.

Will you be starting with the Muslims who are responsible for smuggling Mexicans into the US?
Reply 18
Original post by Xlxl23
Terrorists like ISIS members don't represent Muslims or Islam. I'm a Muslim myself and like most Muslims I don't agree with these people who are causing corruption. It can be frustrating sometimes because I have to explain that I don't support them

The thing is, pretty much everything ISIS are doing is endorsed by the Qur'an and Hadith. This is the dilemma that knowledgeable Muslims are finding themselves in; they know that so much of what ISIS do is Halal, but they just don't the look of it. So many of my Muslims friends (devout and otherwise) are developing such strong doubts about Islam in the face of seeing pure Islam in practice in the form of ISIS

Can you please identify what ISIS does that is not Islamic or endorsed by the Qur'an and Hadith?
Original post by Starvation13
It's because the level of salt is unprecedented.

"why repeat pointless things?" because if you ask a stupid question you get a stupid answer. You see a new hate on muslim thread everyday, so why should I change my response to their idiotic threads?

But I don't think you know what I mean when I speak of the salt.

It wasnt a stupid question - I only asked as its a genuine concern, i happen to know several Muslims who haven't done anything yet happened to be at the receiving end of all the blame? I mean just preaching hate on TSR isnt really going to help at all.
you might think it to be idiotic but thats your opinion. mine happens to be somewhat different, everyones open to their own opinion - calling the threads idiotic isnt helping anyone - if they annoy you so much dont partake in them. simple.

and talking about salty... maybe i don't know, care to explain?:s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending