The Student Room Group

Unite against fascism and Hope not hate.

Disgusting and militant left wing pages is all I have to say, more fascist than the suppose fascists they dislike. I posted some comments on hope not hates page with arguments backed up by stats and links, and this was nothing racist or offensive or anything that would be in breech of facebooks terms of use for example.
Without warning they blocked me commenting on the page and removed all of my comments, silencing my freedom of speech, but they're "anti-fascists" though, they're still as authoritarian as fascists, though both pages links with extremism and the extreme left isn't a surprise. I was at least expecting a debate from them, but with that lot anyone that disagrees or has evidence that contradicts their narrative is a fascist.
Does anyone here actually like or support them ?
Unite Against Marxism!
Original post by The Dictator
Unite Against Marxism!

Literally most people on there we just saying "Fascists!".
Collectively the people that support them have the intelligence of a mentally deficient donkey, actually that's unfair to donkeys!
Reply 3
Original post by Conservationofmass
Without warning they blocked me commenting on the page and removed all of my comments, silencing my freedom of speech

Right, a quick guide for the uninitiated: freedom of speech does not imply that anyone has to agree with, give a platform to, listen to or otherwise publish your views.
Original post by L i b
Right, a quick guide for the uninitiated: freedom of speech does not imply that anyone has to agree with, give a platform to, listen to or otherwise publish your views.

Bingo.

Original post by Conservationofmass
Disgusting and militant left wing pages is all I have to say, more fascist than the suppose fascists they dislike. I posted some comments on hope not hates page with arguments backed up by stats and links, and this was nothing racist or offensive or anything that would be in breech of facebooks terms of use for example.
Without warning they blocked me commenting on the page and removed all of my comments, silencing my freedom of speech, but they're "anti-fascists" though, they're still as authoritarian as fascists, though both pages links with extremism and the extreme left isn't a surprise. I was at least expecting a debate from them, but with that lot anyone that disagrees or has evidence that contradicts their narrative is a fascist.
Does anyone here actually like or support them ?

Well there is nothing inherent in an anti-fascist group that says they cannot be authoritarian too. Groupuscules have been wielding the banhammer and enforcing purity since long before the Internet, on many issues other than racism, on both the left and right, in a position of power or not. So calm down, get a sense of perspective and recognise that this is not peculiar to UAF, "the left" etc.
(edited 8 years ago)
Sounds just like Britain First, expect they're not left wing
They are awful people not open to debate and use racism/fashism themselves

Posted from TSR Mobile
"The fascists of the future will be called anti-fascists".

I particularly like this little gen:
Jeremy Corbyn
Well done Ken Livingstone for refusing to share platform with BNP. There is no place for racism in democratic debate.

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/193350403478388738

Yet apparently it's ok to share a platform with Holocaust deniers, anti-semites, terrorists, and various other extremists.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Sabertooth

Yet apparently it's ok to share a platform with Holocaust deniers, anti-semites, terrorists, and various other extremists.

Blair shared platforms with Gaddafi, as did Brown. In the 80s we entertained Saddam and nobody seemed to mind. Corbyn however has consistently condemned Holocaust denial and anti semitism and does not *knowingly* associate with such individuals.

David Cameron joined the mourning for the Saudi dictator, don't think you'll be bashing him for that somehow.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by Kay_Winters
Sounds just like Britain First, expect they're not left wing

Well, at least UAF aren't trying to steal donations from the RBL by pretending to be a charity for war veterans.
Two groups of bottom dwelling scum bags to be frank.
Reply 12
Original post by Sabertooth

You don't make peace by talking to your mates. Are you suggesting we never should have sat around a table to sort out the Good Friday Agreement, or the cessation of hostilities in literally any war ever?

There is nothing to be gained by Livingstone (or anyone else) sharing a platform with BNP - a domestic entity. There is no point appeasing them because they don't have a democratic mandate or any kind of regional/military clout which gives them de facto power, and even if they did they would be subject to our legal structure and appeasement would only be necessary if forceful coercion into obeying the law (i.e. Northern Ireland).

When it comes to the some of the people representing some of groups Corbyn has sat around a table with, the situation has nothing in common with the Livingston one you described:

- Corbyn's intention isn't to speak to fulfill a democratic mandate or ensure everyone gets their turn/have 'freedom of speech'
- These groups may, in their own nation, already have a democratic mandate or military power which gives them a de facto mandate
- Half a century's worth of events have shown us, repeatedly and clearly, that forceful coercion is not only ineffective but actually counter-productive as it serves as a tool for radicalisation.

This really is a very, very simple concept.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending