The Student Room Group

"You're not my type" - explanation?

Hi All

In the world of online dating, I constantly get told by girls I am not their type. What exactly does this mean? Am I ugly? It's like I come across 100 profiles and I may come across 1 after the 100 where this is not an issue. To make things even more confusing, out of the girls I have dated, they are/were all very attractive and pretty.

It really makes me feel pathetic that it is this "hard" to meet someone I am compatible with and as if I am on this planet and I am so unique (not in a good way) I cannot find someone. I don't see any of my friends have this trouble. It also puts me off speed dating etc as I have no idea how the "you're not my type" excuse will manifest itself in person (but however it does, it will make me feel even more low). If only this was not a thorn in my side, dating would be so much easier...

P.S. I am a guy
Any explanations appreciated!

Scroll to see replies

Basically means girls don't like you but are too polite to tell you directly.
Reply 2
Pick 1 or more of:

1. You're ugly
2. You're poor
3. You have a tictac penis
4. You're the 'wrong' skin colour (based on their preference)
5. You're creepy af (shoutout to @somemightsay888)
6. They're more about clam chowder than sausage meatballs
7. You're genuinely just not their type
Original post by Arkasia
Pick 1 or more of:

1. You're ugly
2. You're poor
3. You have a tictac penis
4. You're the 'wrong' skin colour (based on their preference)
5. You're creepy af (shoutout to @somemightsay888)
6. They're more about clam chowder than sausage meatballs
7. You're genuinely just not their type

This is why I ghost you on Planetside :sigh:
Reply 4
Maybe it's because you seek dating advice from a student's forum?
Reply 5
Original post by somemightsay888
This is why I ghost you on Planetside :sigh:

You ghost me on planetside because you're Benny ffs
I'm a female and I get this all the time! For some I'm too young, for some I'm even too old (22 lol), for some I'm too short, too skinny, not affluent enough,I'm too educated, I'm not educated enough they are not into my race, they prefer other hair colours, my hair is too long, I'm not well travelled enough, I'm not a doctor/lawyer chick, I'm not a wannabe house etc. People can reject us for all sorts of reasons! Especially online it's a meat market some people can be very picky. It is probably more distinct with women seeking men as not to be men but a lot of women even who don't have much to offer for themselves are looking for Mr. Perfect aka rich, tall, dark, handsome, well travelled, six pack (see Christian Grey) but there are very few out there but they insist that is what they deserve.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a female and I get this all the time! For some I'm too young, for some I'm even too old (22 lol), for some I'm too short, too skinny, not affluent enough,I'm too educated, I'm not educated enough they are not into my race, they prefer other hair colours, my hair is too long, I'm not well travelled enough, I'm not a doctor/lawyer chick, I'm not a wannabe house etc. People can reject us for all sorts of reasons! Especially online it's a meat market some people can be very picky. It is probably more distinct with women seeking men as not to be men but a lot of women even who don't have much to offer for themselves are looking for Mr. Perfect aka rich, tall, dark, handsome, well travelled, six pack (see Christian Grey) but there are very few out there but they insist that is what they deserve.

*not a wannabe housewife

So yeah people have lots of preferences. Keep looking OP they are the one blocking their blessings by being so gung ho about 'types'.
I guess you don't tick all the boxes in their perfect mate list?
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
Basically means girls don't like you but are too polite to tell you directly.

Honestly, ususally this. It's the polite way of saying "I'm not attracted to you".
Original post by -Blade-
Hi All

In the world of online dating, I constantly get told by girls I am not their type. What exactly does this mean? Am I ugly? It's like I come across 100 profiles and I may come across 1 after the 100 where this is not an issue. To make things even more confusing, out of the girls I have dated, they are/were all very attractive and pretty.

It really makes me feel pathetic that it is this "hard" to meet someone I am compatible with and as if I am on this planet and I am so unique (not in a good way) I cannot find someone. I don't see any of my friends have this trouble. It also puts me off speed dating etc as I have no idea how the "you're not my type" excuse will manifest itself in person (but however it does, it will make me feel even more low). If only this was not a thorn in my side, dating would be so much easier...

P.S. I am a guy

PS.

Getting frustrated that some mangy English women don't like you is laughable. Go to Europe where the real deal's at.
I pretty much gave up on British women since the last proper and classy generation died in the 60s.
Original post by Ser Alex Toyne

Getting frustrated that some mangy English women don't like you is laughable. Go to Europe where the real deal's at.
I pretty much gave up on British women since the last proper and classy generation died in the 60s.

Translation- I can't get laid so I'm going to blame the entire female population of the country!
Original post by Mankytoes
Translation- I can't get laid so I'm going to blame the entire female population of the country!

Oooh...someone was miffed. I gene riles the entire female population that I've met so far. Unfortunately I'm doomed to live many more years here, so hopefully I'll meet someone more interesting.

As I mentioned before, there's still some good British women out there, even here on TSR. It's all a matter of perspective really.

Also, do you see the number of girls slept with as an indicator of success in life?
Original post by Ser Alex Toyne
Oooh...someone was miffed. I gene riles the entire female population that I've met so far. Unfortunately I'm doomed to live many more years here, so hopefully I'll meet someone more interesting.

As I mentioned before, there's still some good British women out there, even here on TSR. It's all a matter of perspective really.

Also, do you see the number of girls slept with as an indicator of success in life?

I'm a dude, due, hence the funky blue arrow.

I have no idea what that means.

No, I don't, or I wouldn't have been monogamous for over four years, why?

It's something I see a lot on the internet, "English/British girls are terrible, you've got to go abroad!". It's just another way of not accepting responsibility for your own frustrations. I've pointed out many times on here the way that many people don't look at what they might be doing wrong, they just blame society around them. This doesn't just apply for relationships, either, but it is one area you see it a lot.

Moving to Europe isn't going to magically make you attractive to women. Although at least you didn't say moving to Asia, which will get you female attention, but only because they're desperate to get out of poverty. Sorry, I mean find white men irresistable.
I'm a dude, due, hence the funky blue arrow.

I have no idea what that means.

No, I don't, or I wouldn't have been monogamous for over four years, why?

It's something I see a lot on the internet, "English/British girls are terrible, you've got to go abroad!". It's just another way of not accepting responsibility for your own frustrations. I've pointed out many times on here the way that many people don't look at what they might be doing wrong, they just blame society around them. This doesn't just apply for relationships, either, but it is one area you see it a lot.

Moving to Europe isn't going to magically make you attractive to women. Although at least you didn't say moving to Asia, which will get you female attention, but only because they're desperate to get out of poverty. Sorry, I mean find white men irresistable.

The word was generalise. Sorry for that.

And tbh, I have an excuse since I was never British in the first place...:biggrin: I've lived in 3 separate countries in Europe so I do profess to some experience in the matter.

But you're right, of course.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 15
Polite putdown

No he is correct, British women are the fattest, ugliest women in Europe and have the worst attitudes, they're quite infamous for it throughout the world actually. I've had better experiences with foreign women.
Reply 17
There is something about your looks and maybe personality that is putting girls off. This said I think unless someone is above average attractiveness dating is always had work with lots of blow outs. You just have to be resilient. Try asking a female friend or more successful mate for some insight and advice.
Reply 18
Original post by -Blade-
Hi All

P.S. I am a guy

Hey, don't stress, it's online dating some people are presumably looking for a fantasy and they reject most people to find that.

Personally I do believe in 'type' because people have their own preferences in terms of race, religion, occupation etc
Maybe tweak up your online dating profile and make it more interesting yet honest, put something in there that you do but never thought of putting on your profile.
May i ask why are you in such a hurry? You probably have lots of time to find someone
Original post by Normies Out
No he is correct, British women are the fattest, ugliest women in Europe and have the worst attitudes, they're quite infamous for it throughout the world actually. I've had better experiences with foreign women.

Any evidence for that? In fact, there's quite a lot of sexy British women in major tv and film, so I expect the global perception is pretty positive.

Tough love- if you aren't able to get with attractive girls, that doesn't mean they "have the worst atttitudes", it means you probably lack attractive qualities, and most of those will translate around the world, although obviously things like humour vary by culture. Point is, you're better off looking at yourself than blaming your country.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending