The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BoomCha!
No, the word Islamophobia was made up by leftists in order to put "Islamophobes" in a negative light.

You seem to believe that any criticism of Islam counts as hatred and prejudice against Islam. No. I dislike Islam because of the violent teachings in the Qur'an and attitudes towards women and non-Muslims, but I don't have pure hatred for it based on no evidence or reasoning.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Er... Not true at all... Pulling womens scarves off is quite Islamophobic and again just because you dont see it as a "word" it doesn't mean anti Muslim crime doesn't exist. Call it what you want. BoomChai I've seen your general opinions on Muslims in other threads...

I've always maintained that
Criticism of Islam =/= Islamophobia
Hating Muslims, being prejudiced against Muslims etc... = Islamophobia.

Yeah you definitely dont hate Muslims do you. See:

Original post by BoomCha!
This is only because they know how bad a reputation Islam gets and they know they will be liked more if they are Christians. Once they're in, they'll continue to pray for Allah. Quite a good strategy actually: I'd happily accept Christian immigrants. Muslim immigrants, not so much.Posted from TSR Mobile

:rolleyes:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Ghaniza
The British empire was Christian...
One thing everyone fails to understand is that in ISLAM one is supposed to respect al religions at all times, the only time you go to war etc is when you are defending yourself or your people.
So the violent acts of 'Muslims' are not Muslim at all, that's called injustice committed by human beings not a religion as a whole.

Many priests rape and sexually abuse children, does that still make them have the status of a priest? No? Thought so, exactly.

This discussion is about islamophobia and people are coming here showing an attitude that demonstrates exactly why there's a rise in it

Just jumping in and saying that i don't necessarily disagree with you. But a priest is still a priest even if he sexually abuses, he becomes a priest who sexually abuses, simple as.
Anyone who follows the rules of the quran and calls themselves muslim is a muslim, whether they're good muslims or not is the real issue. An act cannot erase someones identity.
You're still a christian if you believe in jesus and God, even if you then commit crimes, you have to have faith in God or be a christian to even believe repenting is worth it.
A muslim who commits terrorism and blames the quran is simply just a sh**ty Muslim who interprets the quran in a dangerous way, his identity still stays.

It's like the KKK, they identify as christians, and believe that burning and lynching African Americans is justifiable, the bible was once used to justify slavery....and in a lot of ways it still is. And to be honest you can't take their christian identity away from them.
I'm not islamaphobic but i do believe that the religion has its fault, the bible was once used dangerously and now it's the Quran.
Original post by The_Internet
Er... Not true at all... Pulling womens scarves off is quite Islamophobic and again just because you dont see it as a "word" it doesn't mean anti Muslim crime doesn't exist. Call it what you want. BoomChai I've seen your general opinions on Muslims in other threads...

I've always maintained that
Criticism of Islam =/= Islamophobia
Hating Muslims, being prejudiced against Muslims etc... = Islamophobia.

Yeah you definitely dont hate Muslims do you. See:

:rolleyes:

No need to bother with them. It's like talking to a brick wall. The hypocrisy is overwhelming, even for most of these people's standards.

Unfortunately it's getting worse, I've seen so many Islamophobic threads these past few days. I even got insulted by a few (they're on this thread, unsurprisingly).

They fail to see the errors in their ways and their attitude will contribute to their downfall. :colonhash:
Original post by NaTaLiiA513
No need to bother with them. It's like talking to a brick wall. The hypocrisy is overwhelming, even for most of these people's standards.

Unfortunately it's getting worse, I've seen so many Islamophobic threads these past few days. I even got insulted by a few (they're on this thread, unsurprisingly).

They fail to see the errors in their ways and their attitude will contribute to their downfall. :colonhash:

Tbh I'd like to think it's a loud minority... and yean a lot of the people are quite hypocritical.
@Chocolate hottie did you even research properly about what it says in the Quran about right hand slaves before jumping into uninformed conclusion?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tbh I'd like to think it's a loud minority... and yean a lot of the people are quite hypocritical.

You don't really have anything to prove to them tbh. Your arguments were constructive and you refrained from insulting them personally.

I know for a fact that they wouldn't express their hatred of Muslims in real life. TSR makes a transforms a few people to keyboard warriors at times. :rolleyes:
Original post by Tommytruelove123
@Chocolate hottie did you even research properly about what it says in the Quran about right hand slaves before jumping into uninformed conclusion?

Posted from TSR Mobile

from WikiIslam.

Didn't you know it's the most reliable site about Islam on the interwebz?
Original post by AlevelsareH4rd
Come on guys Listen to this if I say that I am a christian and bomb a mosque will all Christians be bad?????
Same I am a muslim and I believe that anyone do anything out of what the quran sais is not a muslim even if he call himself a muslim

Bad example, the teachings of the bible would be questioned and people would start to feel uncomfortable around those who practice christianity heavily.

I wouldn't blame all muslims just like i wouldn't blame all white people for police brutality in america.But theirs an issue within the white american community and people are openly addressing it, religion is more sensitive but still don't be surprised that people are raising concerns about Islamic related terrorism.
I don't lap up everything the media puts forth but some people do.

I would ask politely why do you use Russian name Natasha when in fact you are Pakistani <or you are at least joined to the Islam group>?

So you would like to hide your personality somehow as I understand it.

People not having something to hide just pick up a nickname being close to their lifestyle.

And please elaborate what it means what you said - 'They fail to see the errors in their ways and their attitude will contribute to their downfall.'

What kind of downfall you chase and threat us to happen?

It is not very social to threat people in a social website like that you know.
from WikiIslam.

Didn't you know it's the most reliable site about Islam on the interwebz?

Ohhh right! I should've known. Silly me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You don't really have anything to prove to them tbh. Your arguments were constructive and you refrained from insulting them personally.

I know for a fact that they wouldn't express their hatred of Muslims in real life. TSR makes a transforms a few people to keyboard warriors at times. :rolleyes:

If I bring you to the graves of my <Christian> relatives to show you what Muslims did, will you be still arrogant in front of their graves and dead bodies.

Naughty and arrogant Muslims.

You kill and you don't even respect life and death coming from God. How anybody can believe that you understand God's messages.

Islam made a lot of enemies for that arrogance.

Not surprising that the world doesn't want Muslims around and kicks them out if possible.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Alex9999999999
I would ask politely why do you use Russian name Natasha when in fact you are Pakistani <or you are at least joined to the Islam group>?

So you would like to hide your personality somehow as I understand it.

People not having something to hide just pick up a nickname being close to their lifestyle.

And please elaborate what it means what you said - 'They fail to see the errors in their ways and their attitude will contribute to their downfall.'

What kind of downfall you chase and threat us to happen?

It is not very social to threat people in a social website like that you know.

Natasha? My name is Natalia. It's my name. :rofl:

I don't need to explain to you why my mother decided to name me this.

It wasn't a threat. I meant in terms of their attitude. Nobody will want to associate with hateful bigots like some of these people that choose to spread hate and demonize Muslims. They have hate filled in their hearts and it's not a good thing to have. If you don't learn to tolerate and accept people who are different to us then society will be crushed. Fact.

And it's not nice to be Islamophobic on the internet. But I guess the safety of your computer screen reassures you that you'll never be caught. :smile:
If I bring you to the graves of my <Christian> relatives to show you what Muslims did, will you be still arrogant in front of their graves and dead bodies.

You kill and you don't even respect life and death coming from God. How anybody can believe that you understand God's messages.

Not surprising that the world doesn't want Muslims around and kicks them out if possible.

You sound unstable. I'm actually serious. I recommend this site:

http://www.youngminds.org.uk/

It'll help with all the troublesome thoughts you're having.

It's unfortunate what has happened to your relatives but the fact that you want to blame all Muslims shows your hatred.
What about the Christians who have slaughtered Muslims and the many other countries that have contributed to the destruction of people's homes.

If you're going to hate on one side for committing atrocities then it's expected to hate on the other for similar crimes.

Oh, and you've failed terribly as a troll.

Not surprising that the world doesn't want Muslims around and

kicks them out if possible.

Are you having a laugh more like invade where possible!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You call it hatred. Some people know it as awareness.

There is nothing hatred if you are aware certain people do kill and crime, lie and rape and they are Muslims believing this is right.

I am not even so much about Christianity, I am much about the humanity. People deserve to have security and peace.

Muslims never live in peace, that is the trouble. Get a Muslim in your country, in order to get 2 world wars in there.
(edited 8 years ago)
You call it hatred. Some people we know it is awareness.

There is nothing hatred if you are aware certain people do kill and crime, lie and rape and they are Muslims believing this is right.

I am not even so much about Christianity, I am much about the humanity. People deserve to have security and peace.

Muslims never live in peace, that is the trouble. Get a Muslim in your country, in order to get 2 world wars in there.

I'm guessing you've met every single Muslim out there?

Posted from TSR Mobile
59204251 NaTaLiiA513
Nobody is scared of Homosexuals but homophobia exists.

What's your point, "mate"?

ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz
De
Original post by Mr JB
No. I tried to highlight the fact that you are seemingly unaware that Islamophobia doesn't indicate a fear of something. This is why I mentioned a dictionary and provided you with a definition, not a spell checker. I have no desire to show you up. You seem to be doing a fantastic job of achieving that yourself.

Apologies for the aggressiveness :frown:
Turks openly want to get back all their former provinces - Serbia, Greece, Bulgaria, Crete, parts of Hungary, Montenegro.... the Kosovo war was created to place Muslims over the historically Serbian territory, their old capital, also place of historical battles between Turks and Christians in 14 century.Call that islamophobia? no, it is not phobia, it is a historical truth which I witness every single day of my life.

Kosova was never the capital of Serbia. And Serbian nationalists really only have themselves to blame for its 'loss'.
Im talking about rights like "freedom of religion" that sorta stuff. You guys seem to be OK with that...

The Pagans? Also, Christianity is on the decline in this country. And "radical Christianity" has actually been worse, except at the time, it didn't even click as being "radical" It was just "normal" Christianity.

What do you believe 'freedom of religion' means? Freedom to enforce your religion on others is not one. The building of mosques with public money is not 'freedom'. The secret stocking of ritually slaughtered meat is not 'freedom'. We don't have freedom of religion because all spiritual matters must be dissolved to the church and removed from law. Everything related to marriage, divorce and abortion for a start. But you are free to practice any religion in private. With your own money.

You are wrong when you say Christianity was radically worse than Islam at a point in history: we, as a people, were simply stronger, more solid and managed to defend ourselves against invasion far better. Now we have become weak as Christian influence has dwindled in a serious way and Islamic secularism increased.

Latest

Trending

Trending