The Student Room Group

A2 Further Maths (Edexcel)

Hey guys!
So, do you think that a high B in Maths A Level would 'obstacle' you from getting an A in A Level Further Maths? Or even an A* if lots of effort has been put in? Is it realistic?
Original post by RK1998
Hey guys!
So, do you think that a high B in Maths A Level would 'obstacle' you from getting an A in A Level Further Maths? Or even an A* if lots of effort has been put in? Is it realistic?

I'd say its unlikely - usually F Maths students get A* in Maths. I've never known a students get higher in F Maths than Maths.
Reply 2
Original post by Muttley79
I'd say its unlikely - usually F Maths students get A* in Maths. I've never known a students get higher in F Maths than Maths.

I know people who scraped an A for Maths because they were in panic/under stress (that's what they said) and still got an A* for FM. So I was asking you guys whether you think it's possible or not :smile:
If you work hard and practice a lot, I don't see why not. :smile:
Original post by RK1998
Hey guys!

It would be unusual but if there's a reason why you 'only' got a B in A Level Maths (e.g. lack of effort) and you overcome that issue then I don't see why not.
Reply 5
Original post by SeanFM
If you work hard and practice a lot, I don't see why not. :smile:

Original post by Plagioclase
It would be unusual but if there's a reason why you 'only' got a B in A Level Maths (e.g. lack of effort) and you overcome that issue then I don't see why not.

:smile: at least I got the hang of how to revise and prepare.. I'm aware that it is really hard but would like to prove it to myself without giving up.
Reply 6
Original post by RK1998
Hey guys!

Because of the module balancing (ones that are applicable to both), you'd have to really do something special to pull off an A* in FM with only a B in Maths.

Throughout the history of FM at my school, no-one has ever got a higher grade in FM than in Maths.

That doesn't mean it's impossible. Just ******* difficult...
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Alexion
Because of the module balancing (ones that are applicable to both), you'd have to really do something special to pull off an A* in FM with only a B in Maths.

Throughout the history of FM at my school, no-one has ever got a higher grade in FM than in Maths.

That doesn't mean it's impossible. Just ******* difficult...

What happened was that my M1 module put off the whole grade which I did too bad, while I got As through the whole year. So as there is the 'swap around' option and the possibility to retake a module I was thinking about it lately. I'm not even that confident it was just a thought from what my teacher suggested.
Original post by RK1998
Hey guys!

You will need to get 90+ in FP2,FP3,S3/M3.

The other modules will be swapped with maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending