The Student Room Group

I hate being black

I hate my hair
I hate my skin colour
I want to change, but I know i shouldn't.I thought I was going through a bad spell of feeling ugly, but this has been lasting for such a long time.

How do i overcome this. please. every time i go out i see girls who are lighter skinned, who are skinnier, who have silkier, longer prettier hair, and i wonder how the **** am i ever going to find someone who loves me for me.

I'm in my feelings, I know. Late nights got me feeling extra emotional.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm so sad to hear this. Lighter hair/skin is in no way prettier! And opinion is subjective! Of COURSE you will find someone who loves you for you, how old are you? I'm guessing you're pretty young, so plenty of time yet :smile:
Original post by ConstantlyStressed
I hate my hair
I hate my skin colour
I want to change, but I know i shouldn't.I thought I was going through a bad spell of feeling ugly, but this has been lasting for such a long time.

How do i overcome this. please. every time i go out i see girls who are lighter skinned, who are skinnier, who have silkier, longer prettier hair, and i wonder how the **** am i ever going to find someone who loves me for me.

Woah OP relax. If you make a big deal about your skin colour then other people will too.

Just take care of your health and body. There will be guys who like you and guys who don't. Same for every person. Don't let stuff like that get you down OP. Those girls aren't better than you because of their skin colour. If you aren't happy with yourself then how do you expect others to be? There are beautiful black, brown, white, yellow, olive and whatever other variety of colour girls on this earth. Except for Orange :biggrin: if people don't like you because of your skin colour then they aren't the type of people you should be talking to or going out with.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
This is sad to hear.
Are there any darker skinned black people in history or even your family you look up to? Focus on the positive, there is nobody in the world like you. You are unique, there will never be another you :smile: That's something to be proud of. Your hair, your skin, your race does not define who you are. You are beautiful nonetheless.
Soon in the up coming years you will realize your unique appearance is one of the greatest gifts of all.
You're probably white trying to perpetuate black self racism or something.
If you aren't, seek therapy.
Why should anyone be proud of their skin colour? Are you also proud of having ten toes and a spleen?
Original post by Cherie Amour

I don't think white people use "extra emotional" and "in my feelings" lmao 💀😭
Original post by Starvation13
I scroll down the thread, reading nice reassuring comments, then I see yours xD

lol

Original post by ridwan12
I don't think white people use "extra emotional" and "in my feelings" lmao 💀😭

Exactly. You've fallen for it.
Original post by callum_law
Why should anyone be proud of their skin colour? Are you also proud of having ten toes and a spleen?

Yes. Imagine no toes, no spleen. Gah! :eek:

:rolleyes:
Reply 11
Maybe you'd still be ugly if you were white. There are attractive and unattractive people of all races.
Reply 12
Try being a dark skinned Asian :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Starvation13
Are you a cynic? Or has there just been so much **** going today that you're tired of things like this?

I mean...

with threads like these...
Original post by amoham
Try being a dark skinned Asian :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Beautiful. You're gorgeous.
Original post by Cherie Amour

Both scenarios the person needs therapy.
Reply 15
There's lots of beautiful black girls getting married every day. Light skin is not better I'm 1/4 black with the light skin, green eyes, long sandy hair and most black guys aren't even interested in me.. My dark skinned black friends on the other hand are beating them off with a stick! And aside from that remember it's character over colour :smile:
Reply 16
I think i look bootiful
Original post by Dilzo999
Both scenarios the person needs therapy.

Lol I'd rather hold my urine all day than read another thread like this.
Reply 18
Haha u guessed it XD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by ConstantlyStressed
I hate my hair
I hate my skin colour

I think I know how you feel but there are so many things that you have to be proud of! Your rich history, your mother tongue (even if you don't know it/see reason to speak it) and you should be proud of all of the thing that those of ebony complexion have influenced.

You should be proud in your skin!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest