The Student Room Group

Girl sent home from school due to hair style?

Scroll to see replies

That actually raises a valid point, is she being punished, or is the school simply turning her away because she's not meeting stipulations the school have set to maintain an air of respect and discipline in their learning environment?

I expect if child and parent were cooperative and rectified the matter, that'd pretty much be that.
She looks awful. Look at that infected tragus piercing...says a lot about her hygiene and just her in general.

What do you expect when you see the state of her mum.

I hate the whole "it breaks my human rights" bs. I had a friend with blue hair and a labret piercing use this excuse. Just wait a little longer and get it done when you're at college where they won't give a ****.
(edited 8 years ago)
Why would her mother even allow her to do that, if I came home like that one day then my mum would go mental.

Anyone who try's to get a look that extreme is clearly begging for attention. What did she expect the school would do? In my old school, girls were sent home if their skirts were too short, bright hair colours, piercings etc. school isn't a fashion statement, the more people go to school looking like something out of a comedy, the more the attention is being taken out of the education; which is why they're there in the first place. Plenty of time for crazy hairstyles and piercings, personally I think it looks awful and I don't blame the school for not allowing her to attend.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DeadGirlsDance
She looks awful. Look at that infected tragus piercing...says a lot about her hygiene and just her in general.

What do you expect when you see the state of her mum.

I hate the whole "it breaks my human rights" bs. I had a friend with blue hair and a labret piercing use this excuse. Just wait a little longer and get it done when you're at college where they won't give a ****.

You said what I was thinking. What a mess.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It looks like the type of haircut the medieval peasants would give to a whore to punish her
Free to have her hair how she wants. It's not her responsibility to cut her hair in a way that avoids bullying.
People need to stop picking on her and her mum - in this country we have freedom of expression.
Sad that the schools are trying to turn people into little robots.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
Original post by phoenixsilver
Free to have her hair how she wants. It's not her responsibility to cut her hair in a way that avoids bullying.
People need to stop picking on her and her mum - in this country we have freedom of expression.
Sad that the schools are trying to turn people into little robots.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You don't have absolute freedom of expression. Not in school, not in work. Better children learn it from a young age so they don't get fired from their first jobs for failing to follow a dress code.
Original post by Reue
You don't have absolute freedom of expression. Not in school, not in work. Better children learn it from a young age so they don't get fired from their first jobs for failing to follow a dress code.

Absolutely ^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Reue

It's not a job. School isn't all about work, control and misery.
Sometimes you have to have fun in life. God forbid.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
If her mother believes it breeches her human rights, let her take it to court and have it proven instead of crying to a newspaper and looking like an even bigger fool than her child with that terrible hair style.
Reply 50
Original post by phoenixsilver
It's not a job. School isn't all about work, control and misery.
Sometimes you have to have fun in life. God forbid.

Posted from TSR Mobile

School is about maintaining standards, hence why they have this policy in place and are enforcing it. Her 'fun' is clearly outweighed by maintaining the dress code in this school.

If the mother values fun more than standards for her daughter then she is perfectly entitled to home school her instead and let her dress however she pleases.
The print dye might not be the best look I've seen, but I thought it was rather well done, and that overall it was a decently done dye job, and looks pretty good, much better than most with shaven sides infact.

As for the infected piercing, I know people who take the upmost hygiene with their piercing and still got infections, so it's no indicator of her hygiene really
Original post by Kay_Winters
The print dye might not be the best look I've seen, but I thought it was rather well done, and that overall it was a decently done dye job, and looks pretty good, much better than most with shaven sides infact.

As for the infected piercing, I know people who take the upmost hygiene with their piercing and still got infections, so it's no indicator of her hygiene really

Its irrelevant, only degenerates get piercings and those lesbian haircuts, its appalling on a child
Two overwhelming generalisation right there. Lots of people have piercings, some in respectable jobs. Anything from ear piercings, to belly buttons and noses.

As for 'lesbian' haircuts, you are clearly just stereotyping lesbians, and then demeaning degrading them by saying a haircut, which you seem to find repulsive, is attached to them. Furthermore on the haircuts, her sexuality has nothing to do with her hairstyle, some completely hetrosexual women have short hair, some completely homosexual women have long, flowing hair.

If someone wises to express themselves through their hair style then by all means tell them they may hinder their job chances in later life, let them learn that by being turned down if needs be, but denying them an education isn't the route to go, especially if they are consistently denied their right to education for things such as hair cuts, nail varnish, a little bit of make up ect
Original post by Normies Out
only degenerates get piercings and those lesbian haircuts

That's a disgusting statement.
OP, I think it looks cool but school policy is school policy :frown:
Original post by HeskeyLAD
That's a disgusting statement.

No, but piercing metal into your skin to 'express' yourself certainly is disgusting
Original post by Normies Out
No, but piercing metal into your skin to 'express' yourself certainly is disgusting

I agree^

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's a practise that has survived thousands of years however, I don't think it is about to vanish due to a some people finding it disgusting
It's a silly hairstyle anyway (no offence).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending