The Student Room Group
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds

MSc Physiotherapy (pre-registration)

Hi iv recently just accepted an unconditional offer from Leeds Beckett to study MSc Physiotherapy (pre-registration). Has anyone else received an offer yet?

Scroll to see replies

Hey there, yes i received an offer last Friday, i'm so looking forward to starting? Will you be moving to Leeds? Or do you live close. Feel like there is so much to sort out!
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds
Reply 2
Original post by hannah bateson
Hey there, yes i received an offer last Friday, i'm so looking forward to starting? Will you be moving to Leeds? Or do you live close. Feel like there is so much to sort out!

Hey there, yes cant wait to start still pretty shocked i got an unconditional offer. im going to move back home to my Mum's place and commute from Doncaster which is not that far really. Are you moving to Leeds? Ye there is a lot to sort out, have you started your NHS bursary application?
Well that is handy for your Mum to live nearby. I think I may have to move there but not too sure as depends on hours spent in Uni at lectures. Do you know anyone who has done the course before? No not yet, do we have to apply for the tuition fees as well or will that be automatically covered do you reckon? Have you started it?
Reply 4
Ye i no someone who is doing there pre reg at a different uni and they are in uni 4-5 days a week from 8:30-4:30. Ye we have to apply for our bursary in order for our fees to be payed automatically. Iv completed my bursary application i just need to send some evidence.
Hiya, I have an offer for Leeds Beckett too :smile: I have been told you can't apply for your Bursary until October time - if you go on the application form theres no option to select start in 2016. Did you apply to any other university's?
Reply 6
Original post by lauramercer
Hiya, I have an offer for Leeds Beckett too :smile: I have been told you can't apply for your Bursary until October time - if you go on the application form theres no option to select start in 2016. Did you apply to any other university's?

Ye iv phoned up and they send that i have to wait till October time. I applied to Manchester and York. Did you apply anywhere else?
Original post by damienl396
Ye iv phoned up and they send that i have to wait till October time. I applied to Manchester and York. Did you apply anywhere else?

I applied for Northumbria, Teeside, Manchester and York too. Are you definitely accepting Leeds?
Reply 8
ye i confirmed my place in July, what about you?
Yeah i confirmed mine a few weeks ago, it was a tough choice. Are you looking for accommodation in Leeds or commuting?
Reply 10
Im going to be moving back home and commute from Doncaster, are you moving to Leeds?
My parents live near Leeds so looking like moving back home but would prefer to rent somewhere if i can afford it
Reply 12
Ye i wanted to get my own place, but the NHS is not going to cover rent.
Reply 13
I've accepted an offer from Leeds 😀 who else is moving to Leeds?
Reply 14
Original post by nickg89
I've accepted an offer from Leeds 😀 who else is moving to Leeds?

congrats, i will be commuting
Reply 15
Do you no what date in October we can apply for the bursary?
Reply 16
Hi,

I have also received an offer from Leeds. How is this Msc in Physiotherapy program though? I wanted to know if anyone has good reviews or if anyone knows people currently in the program who can offer some advice. Also, if they know any canadians - it would be very helpful as I am from canada.

Thanks
Reply 17
Original post by ron258
Hi,

I have also received an offer from Leeds. How is this Msc in Physiotherapy program though? I wanted to know if anyone has good reviews or if anyone knows people currently in the program who can offer some advice. Also, if they know any canadians - it would be very helpful as I am from canada.

Thanks

Hey i know a few people who have done the conversion course and they have all said it is really intense but it is worth it in they end.
Reply 18
Conversion course? You mean when they come back to canada and work?

Also - i heard from one person that the physiotherapy course is very disorganized and the structure is disoriented and people are dissatisfied with this course. Have you/anyone else also heard this?

If not, how is the overall review of the course? Is the curriculum/syllabus fairly straight forward and do they provide proper teaching/placements?

Thanks
Reply 19
Original post by ron258
Conversion course? You mean when they come back to canada and work?

Also - i heard from one person that the physiotherapy course is very disorganized and the structure is disoriented and people are dissatisfied with this course. Have you/anyone else also heard this?

If not, how is the overall review of the course? Is the curriculum/syllabus fairly straight forward and do they provide proper teaching/placements?

Thanks

The degree you have applied to do is called an Msc conversion course meaning its an intensive course designed to get you up to speed in physiotherapy which is different to the degree that you studied previously. So instead of doing the normal three year BSc degree you do the MSC two year degree.

The course is not disorganized, in fact its very structured since you will have to learn quiet a lot in the first year alone. what you will be learning is not going to be straight forward its going to be hard to learn and the placements are really good. Most placements will be in the NHS in the Yorkshire region, meaning you will most likely need to drive.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending