The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Arkasia
Would it be fair to say that Firmino is going to be deployed as the more attacking of the two? By that I mean: Coutinho will move the ball about the pitch and chip in with shots/assists himself, but Firmino will be more of a second-striker type player?

I hope so.
I feel like playing Coutinho further back is better; he can pick the ball up deep, go past a few guys if necessary and then look for options.
When we play him further forward he always looks to shoot and although he's scored a few beauties, it normally takes him way too many attempts in a match.

I'd rather have Coutinho assisting more and Firmino scoring more if a possible set-up allows such a thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lúcio
I hope so.
I feel like playing Coutinho further back is better; he can pick the ball up deep, go past a few guys if necessary and then look for options.
When we play him further forward he always looks to shoot and although he's scored a few beauties, it normally takes him way too many attempts in a match.

I'd rather have Coutinho assisting more and Firmino scoring more if a possible set-up allows such a thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck without your star man against us on Saturday :smile:
Original post by Lúcio
Sorry man, just wanted you to get involved.

#obsessed

Coutinho wasn't even a nailed on starter for us until a season ago - i think he was rotation during the SAS campaign and it's only fairly recently that he's stepped up and shown his true talent.

Firmino himself is highly rated and he clearly has great skill.
It's just a question of whether he can adapt to the new league and display it to help us this season.
I mean when you have two young Brazillian AMs behind your striker, what can go wrong?

Whilst they didn't play together...

it's probably a good job they didn't.

Summary: Firmino is bound to flop because he's Brazilian and so is Anderson. Transitivity mate
Original post by Lúcio
I hope so.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I always assumed Coutinho's willingness to take long shots was actually one of his better qualities. Your squad seems to suffer the same way ours does - too few people willing to shoot from outside the box. We have Ramsey, Wilshere, Cazorla and Ox, but everyone else seems scared to smack it. Your squad has Henderson, Coutinho, Milner and Clyne, and Firmino looks confident enough to take a long shot.
Problem for us is that these long shots come at the wrong time, and rarely do any of them go in unless it's Alexis
Original post by Arkasia
I always assumed Coutinho's willingness to take long shots was actually one of his better qualities. Your squad seems to suffer the same way ours does - too few people willing to shoot from outside the box. We have Ramsey, Wilshere, Cazorla and Ox, but everyone else seems scared to smack it. Your squad has Henderson, Coutinho, Milner and Clyne, and Firmino looks confident enough to take a long shot.

His ability to score screamers is a gift but his inconsistency in doing so detracts his creative ability.
Many times he takes an unnecessary long shot when he could've played somebody in. It's great he has the confidence to shoot but sometimes he needs to remember that his job primarily is to create, not to score wonder goals.

In our performances so far this season we've struggled to create clear cut chances. We need our midfield players to be adding to our creativity so our strikers can do their job and score goals.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lúcio
His ability to score screamers is a gift but his inconsistency in doing so detracts his creative ability.
Many times he takes an unnecessary long shot when he could've played somebody in. It's great he has the confidence to shoot but sometimes he needs to remember that his job primarily is to create, not to score wonder goals.

In our performances so far this season we've struggled to create clear cut chances. We need our midfield players to be adding to our creativity so our strikers can do their job and score goals.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very true, I guess we'll see how both players do now they have a more than half-decent striker in front of them.
Goal of the month going to Giroud, top banter that they even bothered considering he was our only player to ****ing score...
Original post by leinad2012
Goal of the month going to Giroud, top banter that they even bothered considering he was our only player to ****ing score...

I thought own goal should've won it personally...
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
I thought own goal should've won it personally...

Owen Goal is agood signing for you, he won us the league title one year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
Owen Goal is agood signing for you, he won us the league title one year

Posted from TSR Mobile

d11.jpg:wink:
d11.jpg:wink:

Hilarious and original use of the hilarious and original gif that I've already used...

#obsessed
Original post by The Shed End
Hilarious and original use of the hilarious and original gif that I've already used...

#obsessed

Hilarious that you remember originally using a hilarious and original gif about someone trying to be hilarious and original 3 months ago....

#ParkYourBusSomewhereElse :wink:
Just tried playing a CAM as a DLP Arsene style on Fifa.... Needless to say it didn't work...:colonhash:
(edited 8 years ago)
Is that you Arsene?
Just tried playing a CAM as a DLP Arsene style on Fifa.... Needless to say it didn't work...:colonhash:

Accidental @mediocentroEN
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
Accidental @mediocentroEN

You've lost me?

Probably because you're **** at the game more than anything.
You've lost me?

Account on twitter (formerly @Wrighty_8) who just tweets stuff kind of like what you posted.
Original post by jam277
Probably because you're **** at the game more than anything.

Man plays on legendary and has won the champions league with Real Betis and Stade Rennais, simmer down pal.:wink:

Latest