The Student Room Group

Student Finance was supposed to come through 2 weeks ago...

So my SF tuition fee loan was supposed to come through 2 weeks ago, I rang them up 2 weeks ago and they said wait a week, rang them up 1 week ago and they said wait a week and I've rang them up this week and, you've guessed it, they said wait a week.

Am I being fobbed off? I start uni on the 19th so I don't have much time left. I haven't got the confirmation letter yet, is there any way to speed up the process? I've sent in eligibility details and everything I'm just waiting on that letter now.
Does it say on your online account that your payments are scheduled?
Usually you get student finance on the first day of term, so for you this would be the 19th.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by WishIHadRevised
So my SF tuition fee loan was supposed to come through 2 weeks ago, I rang them up 2 weeks ago and they said wait a week, rang them up 1 week ago and they said wait a week and I've rang them up this week and, you've guessed it, they said wait a week.

Am I being fobbed off? I start uni on the 19th so I don't have much time left. I haven't got the confirmation letter yet, is there any way to speed up the process? I've sent in eligibility details and everything I'm just waiting on that letter now.

Hello!

Are you sure you mean tuition fee loan? As this is paid directly to the university so you won't see a penny of it

If you mean maintenance loan/grant then this usually comes through 1-2 days after starting university. If you go to student finance and try the 'payments scheduled' section you should be able to see the status of any payments :smile:
Original post by Liz94
Hello!

Are you sure you mean tuition fee loan? As this is paid directly to the university so you won't see a penny of it

If you mean maintenance loan/grant then this usually comes through 1-2 days after starting university. If you go to student finance and try the 'payments scheduled' section you should be able to see the status of any payments :smile:

But aren't I supposed to get a confirmation letter for the tuition fee loan mailed to my address? :P
Original post by Dusky Mauve
Does it say on your online account that your payments are scheduled?
Usually you get student finance on the first day of term, so for you this would be the 19th.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It doesn't say any payments are scheduled. :frown: It says 'we'll contact you by post once your application has been approved'.
Reply 5
But aren't I supposed to get a confirmation letter for the tuition fee loan mailed to my address? :P

It doesn't say any payments are scheduled. :frown: It says 'we'll contact you by post once your application has been approved'.

Yep you should get a letter to your address, looks like it's just still being processed then. Did you apply late or have they just been pissing around all summer?
Original post by Liz94
Yep you should get a letter to your address, looks like it's just still being processed then. Did you apply late or have they just been pissing around all summer?

Well I registered in May and sent my eligibility documents, passport details etc. in on June so maybe it is my fault. :/
Reply 7
Well I registered in May and sent my eligibility documents, passport details etc. in on June so maybe it is my fault. :/

Nope! Sounds like you registered well on time and sent everything off properly. Contact your uni ASAP as they may have a hardship fund incase your loan doesn't come through in time to pay rent. My uni offers grants in tesco vouchers that you don't have to pay back if SF are being useless.

Make sure you have an overdraft in place incase you need to pay rent.

Sounds like SF being... Well SF. They're extremely useless :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending