The Student Room Group

Is Physics A Level necessary for Medicine?

I'm unsure about doing Physics A Level or not. I've just started Physics GCSE so I don't really know if I like it or not, but how is the A Level? I don't know if I'll be able to get an A/A* in it.
A Level Physics is very difficult, especially if you don't fully enjoy it. It's not necessary for medicine, so if it's not one of your favourites at GCSE, I don't recommend picking it for A-Levels.
Original post by AuroraU
I'm unsure about doing Physics A Level or not. I've just started Physics GCSE so I don't really know if I like it or not, but how is the A Level? I don't know if I'll be able to get an A/A* in it.

Biology and Chemistry are necessary for medicine. Physics is not needed

its quite early days for you atm so just focus on your gcses and dont worry since I am assuming you are just in year 10 atm.
It's not necessary for Medicine and I wouldn't recommend forcing yourself to do something you don't like, especially during A Levels when you'll need to the motivation to do independent studying. I would just focus on GCSEs at your stage and see whether or not the A Level syllabus interests you when the time for choosing subjects comes.
Not necessary, but it will be valued as its hard and sciency, and come on dude, you only started it in GCSE, you havent experienced its yet, physics is awesome :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending