The Student Room Group

For all non-single people: How did you get into a relationship?

How did you meet, who asked who out, how did it all develop into one? Just curious about the stages involved from meeting someone to getting romantically involved with them. Thanks :smile:
Reply 1
With my first boyfriend he had a crush on me for a while was a mutual friend and we started talking on facebook first about a class we had then into other things, until we started talking about films and we both hinted we wanted to see one film in particular (The dark night rises so romantic :P ) so we went to see that, afterwards we kinda stayed friends but knew we liked each other so chatted and just got closer, then he asked to me to prom and told me he liked me via facebook and it was kinda assumed we were dating from then on, since we kissed but he didnt actually ask me out until a few months after hanging out and kisses and such (we were both fine with this and acted like a couple) because when i questioned to him he assumed he didnt need to ask me because we basically already were dating so he did it then. This was all like over a year? From talking to then properly dating we were young and each others first so no one was really rushing as kinda unure how to go about it. Dated for 3 years.

Second guy (not really boyfriend wont consider him that but will tell you how we met anyway) I knew he liked me at work from some of his friends, so just decided **** it and asked him if he wanted to hang out at some point. We then started talking on facebook and then went out to the cinema and meals a few times.

So i've kinda had a friend of 8 years turn into a relationship and a random work mate. I think its nicer if you are friends first and the feelings slowly develop

Hope this is what you were looking for :P
I just approached a bunch of girls before i found one who was mad enough to take things further with me after our initial dates/meets. Women are weird, i'm not a catch at all and yet i have a girl - the universe works in wonderful ways :u:
For me, I met him at work. He's really shy and reserved so although he answered when I spoke to him, he never initiated conversation. Then one day a group of us went out after work and I invited him; to my surprise, he said yes. We went to the pub and then to a lake. I was tired and leaned against him, then gradually bit by bit we ended up closer until we were kissing. He asked me on a date a few days later and we've been together ever since.
Reply 4
Me and my bf were best friends before dating. We originally met in chemistry class at secondary school and he sat in front of me. We never really spoke much but he offered to help me with my work and always looked at me.

A few months later I was in town with my guy friend and we ran into him and we started talking as they knew each other and I didn't know that before and he remembered me from school and he added me on MSN that night. We met up the next day and pretty much every day after that.

We quickly became close friends and then best friends as time went on. We both knew we had feelings for each other and everyone around us could tell too but we were both shy at admitting it. He asked me out and we never once worried if it would affect the friendship, it just felt like the right thing to do. We kissed and hugged before going out so we knew we liked each other, never done anything sexual until we were a couple though. The way he asked me out was quite funny. We were at a friend's house and he told me his dad thought we were going out and I told him to just tell his dad I was going out with someone else and he said "no, because I wouldn't mind going out with you" lol. Funny looking back on it :tongue:

He's the only one I've ever been with in terms of dating and in regards to sex and I'm the only one he's been with too. That was 6 years ago and still going strong today :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
this a little bit of an odd one

Met on a half sociable, half gaming website. We just clicked, really. We started to see each other in games, started talking from there and developed an inside joke with each other about the website. He added me on Skype a few weeks later. However, I'm ill so I ended up going on a hiatus and I didn't join the website again for 6 months later, but I did tell him my new username.

The website had a little chat room, and when I rejoined I saw him there, so I jumped in the conversation. He said he'd been travelling, and we instantly flirted from there. Our mutual friend, Jake, saw us flirt and messaged me on Skype "You know he has a thing for you, right?!"

I admitted I liked him, but I couldn't see him liking me. Jake pushed us together... he photoshopped our faces together and called it our baby and encouraged us to talk to each other again. Which I did, we laughed over the photoshop and I realised then that he was the only person I didn't mind talking to always.

The website also had a music room, and he's a big fan of a certain band. We talked about the band (which I knew nothing about, I was just interested) and he told me he remembered the first song from that band I heard because, 8 months ago, he played in that song in that music room and he remembered that I was in it. For me, I thought only someone who liked me would remember such a detail, so I asked him if he liked me.

Turns out he had a thing for me ever since we met, and I liked him back.

3 months time we won't be long distance anymore :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by georgiaswift
For me, I met him at work. He's really shy and reserved so although he answered when I spoke to him, he never initiated conversation. Then one day a group of us went out after work and I invited him; to my surprise, he said yes. We went to the pub and then to a lake. I was tired and leaned against him, then gradually bit by bit we ended up closer until we were kissing. He asked me on a date a few days later and we've been together ever since.

😂😂 that sounds like of those lame movie plots. Congratulations though. :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
😂😂 that sounds like of those lame movie plots. Congratulations though. :smile:

To be fair I feel like I'm in one of those romantic movies - he's absolutely perfect. We've somehow become one of those really loved up couples that you'd never think exist in real life 😂 so I get where you're coming from
On a dating website as you do :wink: I tried Tinder but felt all the guys on there were asking for one thing and one thing only. So then I decided to try Okcupid and first had loads of rubbish messages and experienced a fail of a first date with one guy. Then a few weeks later I got lucky when one guy messaged me saying we had the highest match that he's ever had. We started talking and hardly stopped. We arranged to meet in the city which we were both near and had an awkward but promising first date in a coffee shop. We decided we'd take it slowly and had a date every week with each other. It was great! We got closer and closer, emotionally and physically. It's now around 10 months in and I'm loving it! He's definitely the one for me. :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending