The Student Room Group

Should I resit or go to Uni?

I'm expected to go to the University of Essex to study PPE however it was insurance. The Uni is a good one especially for my degree however overall graduate prospects are relatively low. And so I have my reservations instead I can defer entry and resit A2 to improve my grades and reapply or via clearing get into a better Uni with better prospects. All feedback is welcome.
It depends on what grades you want but ive been told that after uni degree they dont really look at your A-Levels
Original post by Samantha01
It depends on what grades you want but ive been told that after uni degree they dont really look at your A-Levels

I got ACD, which can be improved if i take year out
Original post by MarcusArelius444
I'm expected to go to the University of Essex to study PPE however it was insurance. The Uni is a good one especially for my degree however overall graduate prospects are relatively low. And so I have my reservations instead I can defer entry and resit A2 to improve my grades and reapply or via clearing get into a better Uni with better prospects. All feedback is welcome.

Hello!

To be honest, if I was you I wouldn't make up my mind and I would go to Essex. Why lose another year starting over again my A levels? Don't forget that Essex has scored 93% on student satisfaction and also Essex is the only university whose political science department achieved the highest rating in all six assessments for the UK Research Excellence Framework (REF), since national rankings began in 1986. :h:

So why to choose a different one?

^Andriana
Original post by MarcusArelius444
I got ACD, which can be improved if i take year out

I wanted to go to university and retake one of my A-levels because I was close to the grade higher and messed up on one exam and i knew i could get a A if i resit. The school was saying if you got your place there is no point as they look at mainly university grade and if you have the GCSE's in english and maths. the school said it was just pride. not sure about resitting the whole year but if you want to go to a different university and need higher grades I do know people that have gone back to sixth form and are retaking the year so they can go.
I would go to the university, myself. But it's your choice.
Reply 6
I am a 3rd year Essex university student and personally it was the best choice I have made! There are lots of activities free of charge for you to join as well as sports teams. Everything you need is close by and it is a great university and has brilliant social aspects to it too! ^Sam
If you've already got doubts about it then I wouldn't go. You can see you have potential to achieve an A grade so why not strive for the rest?

I don't know what people have said to you but employers do look at a level results and will pick someone with higher results. It's a way for them to wittle down applicants as are many other factors.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending