The Student Room Group

Mechanical Engineering quick advice

Hey guys.

I'm a bit worried and in search for some support/advice.

I've been accepted for Mechanical Engineering at university. I've got A-level Maths, Chemistry and Economics.

I don't have physics evidently, will that be an issue for me to do mechanical engineering? Will I be behind everyone else in class? Will I struggle if I don't have physics?

I'm worried, and wanna hear your opinions.

Cheers!
Sort of. The mechanics in physics will help a lot with mech eng , so that could bring you behind slightly, unless you did mechanics modules in maths? Did you do m1-3?
Reply 2
Original post by DiabloDesmond
Hey guys.

I'm a bit worried and in search for some support/advice.

I've been accepted for Mechanical Engineering at university. I've got A-level Maths, Chemistry and Economics.

I don't have physics evidently, will that be an issue for me to do mechanical engineering? Will I be behind everyone else in class? Will I struggle if I don't have physics?

I'm worried, and wanna hear your opinions.

Cheers!

Which uni ?
Original post by MathsAstronomy12
Sort of. The mechanics in physics will help a lot with mech eng , so that could bring you behind slightly, unless you did mechanics modules in maths? Did you do m1-3?

During the maths A-level, we only did M1.They don't have Physics as their requirements. Their requirements are Maths + Chemistry/Physics. I obviously met the requirements.

Original post by dahl786
Which uni ?

Queen Mary
During the maths A-level, we only did M1.They don't have Physics as their requirements. Their requirements are Maths + Chemistry/Physics. I obviously met the requirements.

Yeh but mech eng requires a fair bit of mechanics, hence the title. If I were you, while you do meet the requirements and have an offer (congrats) I'd still have a look into m2 and m3 because they'll be extremely useful
Reply 5

Queen Mary

London?
Original post by dahl786
London?

Yes, Queen Mary University of London (QMUL)
Reply 7
Yes, Queen Mary University of London (QMUL)

its a rg uni, so cant be that bad...you should be fine, Without a doubt you will get support if you are struggling with anything :smile: Hope this helps
Original post by dahl786
its a rg uni, so cant be that bad...you should be fine, Without a doubt you will get support if you are struggling with anything :smile: Hope this helps

Yeah man, deinfately helped. Cheers for the uplifting advice.

Quick Reply

Latest