The Student Room Group

Chemistry A2 OCR Salters Individual Investigation 2016

Figured i would start a thread for this as we all know the dreaded individual investigation is coming up soon! Would be really good to share ideas and resources on this thread and help each other out so it won't be as daunting. Has anyone thought of the title they are thinking of doing for their investigation yet??
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

I just finished salters chemistry (summer 2015) and f*ck me the coursework was an actual nightmare! My advice to you is not to spend too much time on it, it will actually take over your entire life and this is not an exaggeration!
Original post by chocbrownie
I just finished salters chemistry (summer 2015) and f*ck me the coursework was an actual nightmare! My advice to you is not to spend too much time on it, it will actually take over your entire life and this is not an exaggeration!

How easy is it to get top marks in the investigation?
Original post by smiley180

I don't want to scare you, but I did about 230 pages...and spent a ridiculous amount of time on it- yes quality is better than quality but even better if you can have both :wink: In hindsight you really probably don't need to spend that much time on it but just make sure you cover everything on the mark scheme in great detail.

I got 90/90 :bigsmile:
I got 90/90 :bigsmile:

Wow, that's amazing! Well done :h: Sounds like it's best to really get stuck in. Do the teachers help in any way? How is it possible to just think up a good experiment by yourself?
Wow, that's amazing! Well done :h: Sounds like it's best to really get stuck in. Do the teachers help in any way? How is it possible to just think up a good experiment by yourself?

Thank you, its definitely something i'm proud of after all the hell I and everyone in my class went through aha. Our teachers didn't help us in terms of telling us what to do, but we had 2 chances to have ours marked. We had various topics and we had to pick something which interested us, a couple of people chose to completely come up with something they had thought of themselves but didn't really do well in them. I strongly advice printing out the marking criteria and making sure you have covered every point in as much detail as possible. Also start early- I was still spending ALL my time on the investigation up until april! and that was such a nightmare because i hadn't looked at any exam content...for any subjects including chemistry!
Thank you, its definitely something i'm proud of after all the hell I and everyone in my class went through aha. Our teachers didn't help us in terms of telling us what to do, but we had 2 chances to have ours marked. We had various topics and we had to pick something which interested us, a couple of people chose to completely come up with something they had thought of themselves but didn't really do well in them. I strongly advice printing out the marking criteria and making sure you have covered every point in as much detail as possible. Also start early- I was still spending ALL my time on the investigation up until april! and that was such a nightmare because i hadn't looked at any exam content...for any subjects including chemistry!

Thank you for the advice. In the long run did the amount of time you spent on this impact your grades in your other subjects?
Thank you for the advice. In the long run did the amount of time you spent on this impact your grades in your other subjects?

No problem :smile: no it didn't affect it in the end, got an A* in chemistry and an A* in biology, ****ed up my other alevel but that wasn't because of chemistry. You'll be fine as long as you keep on top of it and don't let it consume you.
No problem :smile: no it didn't affect it in the end, got an A* in chemistry and an A* in biology, ****ed up my other alevel but that wasn't because of chemistry. You'll be fine as long as you keep on top of it and don't let it consume you.

Congrats! :smile: Which university are you off to?

Quick Reply

Latest