The Student Room Group

What do your predicted grades mean?

Hey so I'm an international applicant for Medicine this year, and I'm having a bit of trouble understanding the concept of predicted grades? Like if I'm predicted A*A*AA for A2s, but for some reason can't meet these grades next year, will I not get into uni? If my predicted grades are higher that the usual offer for Med which is AAA, then will unis raise their offer to get closer to my predicted grades? Thanks a bunch! :smile:
Original post by TheMadHatteress
Hey so I'm an international applicant for Medicine this year, and I'm having a bit of trouble understanding the concept of predicted grades? Like if I'm predicted A*A*AA for A2s, but for some reason can't meet these grades next year, will I not get into uni? If my predicted grades are higher that the usual offer for Med which is AAA, then will unis raise their offer to get closer to my predicted grades? Thanks a bunch! :smile:

Your predicted grades are a guideline of what you're likely to achieve or what you're capable of achieving. When you apply for uni, they will expect you to achieve the grades you've been predicted, so in your case, if you are predicted A*A*AA, you should obviously apply to top RG unis that ask for those grades and that will be what they expect of you and you'll likely be given a conditional offer (which means they've offered you a place provided you achieve the entry requirements)
If you miss the offer, they may still let you in if it was only off by a few marks, but they will have the right to reject you if you don't achieve the grades and you'll have to look elsewhere through clearing.

Unis don't generally raise offers, they may lower their offers by a grade for some students but I've never heard of them raising offers
Original post by cherryred90s
Your predicted grades are a guideline of what you're likely to achieve or what you're capable of achieving. When you apply for uni, they will expect you to achieve the grades you've been predicted, so in your case, if you are predicted A*A*AA, you should obviously apply to top RG unis that ask for those grades and that will be what they expect of you and you'll likely be given a conditional offer (which means they've offered you a place provided you achieve the entry requirements)
If you miss the offer, they may still let you in if it was only off by a few marks, but they will have the right to reject you if you don't achieve the grades and you'll have to look elsewhere through clearing.

Unis don't generally raise offers, they may lower their offers by a grade for some students but I've never heard of them raising offers

Ah okay. Thanks for clearing that up for me! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest