The Student Room Group

Anyone doing Computer science at GCSE?

Hello,

So my year group is the second year group so far to do the Computer Science GCSE. I'm in year 11 now.

How are you finding it? Do you like it? I like it but my teacher is so bad (spends all his teaching time behind his laptop >.>). Do you want to do Computer Science in the future?

Share your thoughts! :smile:

P.S. Anyone know any good resources to revise or just go over something you don't understand?

Scroll to see replies

Lol...anyone?
I am, i'm in Year 11 at the moment and i'm finding it pretty good. The coursework was quite tedious and I still have to do a few things on it this year. I want to do something in computing/ICT in the future so i'll definiety continue it.

What exam board are you using? Do you use python?
I just entered year 10 any advice?
Reply 4
Make sure you do your coursework to the best of your ability.
Original post by 11easkry
I am, i'm in Year 11 at the moment and i'm finding it pretty good. The coursework was quite tedious and I still have to do a few things on it this year. I want to do something in computing/ICT in the future so i'll definiety continue it.

What exam board are you using? Do you use python?

Wow awesome and yeep I use python. I also do edexcel, wbu?
Was your coursework a programming task to do with a game?
Original post by Emmanuelola
I just entered year 10 any advice?

First may I know which exam board you are using? So I can give you better advice :smile:
Reply 7
I just started year 10 and am doing computing. We haven't don much so far. Any one who's done it / is doing it please share your experiences!
Year 10 was alright I guess, although the highest grade in our year was a C I think. In some of it it can be challenging whilst some parts aren't. I really liked it although sometimes I had to retry like 30 times to make a program function the way I want it lol (so frustrating!)

I especially hate when I forget to add something so I have to indent EVERYTHING.

Also my teacher didn't even teach properly last year, he kept telling us to find a document, complete it then we do nothing because he's behind his laptop doing something else >:frown:

He barely helps it's so annoying.
I am in Year 11 and I am doing Computing GCSE. I like it but my class is near enough anarchy which makes it quite difficult to work. I am not finding it too difficult, apart from all the technical issues that App Inventor has which turn my life into hell.
ocr
Original post by geniequeen48
First may I know which exam board you are using? So I can give you better advice :smile:
do u have any background knowledge in programming before entering the course
I'm just happy OCR have kept a calm A452 Practical Investigation Assignment...they care for us ;-;, as a matter of fact im on ai2 right now doing it!
DO NOT DO IT WHATEVER THE F**K IT TAKES

Posted from TSR Mobile
do u have any background knowledge in programming before entering the course

Nope not at all. I actually chose ICT but my teacher told me that we have to do Computer Science instead.
Original post by BoomCha!
DO NOT DO IT WHATEVER THE F**K IT TAKES

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahahaha, yeah only chose it if you REALLY want to do it. Not worth suffering for 2 years.
Ahh OCR, damn...
If I were in that situation just pay attention in class, ask if you don't understand, and practise ocr papers (my goodness some of the questions are too ambitious).
ocr
Original post by geniequeen48
Hello,

So my year group is the second year group so far to do the Computer Science GCSE. I'm in year 11 now.

How are you finding it? Do you like it? I like it but my teacher is so bad (spends all his teaching time behind his laptop >.>:wink:. Do you want to do Computer Science in the future?

Share your thoughts! :smile:

P.S. Anyone know any good resources to revise or just go over something you don't understand?

my teacher was s**t too , what school do you go to ?
Original post by money-for-all
my teacher was s**t too , what school do you go to ?

It's called GCS, heard of it?
Wbu?
Lol imagine you were someone from my class.
(edited 8 years ago)
all the people in my class are nerds and are like 7a in ict none of my friends choose this subject i also do triple science i was told i can still change my subject would u recommend me doing that

Quick Reply

Latest