The Student Room Group

Please help!!! Abattoirs in Yorkshire???

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can help! Does anyone know any abattoirs in Yorkshire that take work experience students? Just for around half a day! Thank you so much!
Your name...
and you want to work in an abbatoir..?
Original post by vis break
Your name...
and you want to work in an abbatoir..?

that's what i was thinking....:moo:
Reply 3
You probably already have... But have you tried google?
Where abouts in Yorkshire (N,S,E,W?)
Could the Agricultural colleges help you out? Bishop Burton or Askham Bryan.
Ask local farmers?

Hope some of that helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
GeorgeOHW quoted you and replied to your post on the other thread. They said:
"Cranswick Country Foods in Preston, Humberside is where I went! They do only pigs but on such a huge scale (they killed 6000 the day I went) and they use the more modern gassing mechanism which was interesting!"

The rest of you chill, it's common for vet applicants to do :dontknow: . Y'know, since vets are involved with public health and all. :tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm applying for veterinary medicine so I need work experience....

And preferably North/West Yorkshire, I've tried google etc but they seem hard to find so I was just wondering if anyone knows any that definitely accept students! Thank you!
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
GeorgeOHW quoted you and replied to your post on the other thread. They said:
"Cranswick Country Foods in Preston, Humberside is where I went! They do only pigs but on such a huge scale (they killed 6000 the day I went) and they use the more modern gassing mechanism which was interesting!"

The rest of you chill, it's common for vet applicants to do :dontknow: . Y'know, since vets are involved with public health and all. :tongue:

Yes I saw that, thank you! Was just wondering if anyone knows anywhere closer :smile:
Reply 7
What about asking butchers? They might be able to put you in touch with some abattoirs:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Animal Health/AHVLA may also be a good point of contact as well as large animal practices in the area.

Good luck finding a placement
Reply 9
Malton Bacon Factory?
Dunbia would be a good shout as well, although they are based in Preston

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending