The Student Room Group

I feel so empty in London, no soul here

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BoomCha!
Well if it was a north London area like Bethnal Green I would completely sympathise with you. Most places in London aren't like that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

like what exactly? The majority of my post covers the majority of London. Some parts are nicer yes but the property in those 'parts' are £800,000 - £1 million +.

Your standard area in London is generally like what I've described unless you are rich and can live in a nicer area, which admittedly is somewhat better.
We only get our souls back north of the river Trent.
Original post by Punkrockfan
woa theres "ghetto"s in london?😳😳😳

There aint a ghetto like it
Original post by VergeofInsanity
like what exactly? The majority of my post covers the majority of London. Some parts are nicer yes but the property in those 'parts' are £800,000 - £1 million +.

Your standard area in London is generally like what I've described unless you are rich and can live in a nicer area, which admittedly is somewhat better.

Generally East and North London are hellholes in my experience. I'm not as familiar with south London so i can't really comment on that, though I've been round the Elephant and Castle area and that's a bit of a crock. You're right though, only the rich parts are nice, but then what parts of London aren't rich? Most areas it's hard to find a cheap house.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Don't like London either, especially the area I live in. Feel so isolated :s-smilie: hence why I'm moving out next year!
Reply 25
Most of the UK is ****e and devoid of any real culture apart from places like York that refused to sell its soul in favour of cultural heritage and preserved its true British identity. Nearly everywhere else has sold out to the money devil. Any person wanting to see the real United Kingdom for what it used to be and should be should visit York. That places is a gold nugget wedged in a pile of ****e that is the UK. I'm jealous of anyone that lives there.
Reply 26
I'm an ethnic minority and I feel lonely af in london TBH

dont think ill ever live there
Original post by Mr JB
Most of the UK is ****e and devoid of any real culture apart from places like York that refused to sell its soul in favour of cultural heritage and preserved its true British identity. Nearly everywhere else has sold out to the money devil. Any person wanting to see the real United Kingdom for what it used to be and should be should visit York. That places is a gold nugget wedged in a pile of ****e that is the UK. I'm jealous of anyone that lives there.

East of England has still retained it's culture. Still, it won't be long before we have Essexistan and The Islamic Republic of Hertfordshire.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
East of England has still retained it's culture. Still, it won't be long before we have Essexistan and The Islamic Republic of Hertfordshire.

It hasn't really. It has been so neglected by the government that many of these areas are struggling. A lot of Essex has been so neglected its absolutely criminal. Its also why the likes of UKIP are doing so well in these areas because the lack of investment and centralisation of finances and resources is annoying so many people.
Original post by Mr JB
It hasn't really. It has been so neglected by the government that many of these areas are struggling. A lot of Essex has been so neglected its absolutely criminal. Its also why the likes of UKIP are doing so well in these areas because the lack of investment and centralisation of finances and resources is annoying so many people.

The more rural areas are still nice (Finchingfield/Saffron Walden) but Harlow definetely fits your description. The place is a s**thole.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Question to OP (and I guess anyone who's moved there): What was your opinion on London before you moved there for uni? Just wondering
Original post by sadface
Question to OP (and I guess anyone who's moved there): What was your opinion on London before you moved there for uni? Just wondering

I was living here long before university. Like 10 years now total.
Original post by Mr JB

cornwall may be okay, it has its own language, cuisine, flag and culture

but it can get boring and lonely there too
Reply 33
Original post by VergeofInsanity
I was living here long before university. Like 10 years now total.

Oh! Then why did you apply to study there?
Reply 34
lived in west london all my 19 years on this planet and wouldn't change it for anything - however would never ever want to study in London, esp. central london, so anonymous
Thats crap tbh. Why don't you try transfering to a different uni? If you're in first year you can drop out and still get student finance to apply for another uni next year I think.
Original post by sadface
Oh! Then why did you apply to study there?

Fair question and one with a complicated answer. In my given situation for various reasons it was best for me to remain in London at the time.
Original post by ChickenMadness
Thats crap tbh. Why don't you try transfering to a different uni? If you're in first year you can drop out and still get student finance to apply for another uni next year I think.

what is crap about it?
any more specific than that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You are not going to get OP's address. :wink:
Original post by Betelgeuse-
So much for sweet sweet multi cultural diversity eh

Multiculturalism, chain stores, and central planning. An un-holy trinity that is ripping the soul and unique cultural identities out of our towns and cities.

Quick Reply

Latest