The Student Room Group

What is/was your 2nd year uni timetable like?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I think I had between 21-25 hours a week which included labs, seminars, lectures and workshops- it varied each week
I'll have 12 hours of lectures a week (in my first term of) next year, I'm excited! :dance:
I had 20-25 hours of lectures a week, and 2 hours of supervisions a week in term 1. There were also about 7 hours of support classes a week, although I didn't go to these (which was a mistake and I'm going to fix next year).
Original post by lilGem
I think I had between 21-25 hours a week which included labs, seminars, lectures and workshops- it varied each week

Original post by brittanna
I had 20-25 hours of lectures a week, and 2 hours of supervisions a week in term 1. There were also about 7 hours of support classes a week, although I didn't go to these (which was a mistake and I'm going to fix next year).

What courses are you doing?
Original post by Hashim123

I do Maths. I was doing an extra module or two though, so I was doing more modules than I needed to be doing which meant more lectures.
Reply 25
Original post by Hashim123

biological sciences
Reply 26
Original post by lilGem
biological sciences

Do a proper course like electrical and electronic engineering lol
Very similar to first year, just with different module names.
I have about 21 contact hours :frown:
Monday; 9 - 4
Tuesday; 1 - 5
Wednesday; 9 - 2
Thursday; 9 - 4
Friday; 11 - 2
Basically means I have to be in uni for at least 26 hours a week
Reply 29
Original post by iElvendork
I have about 21 contact hours :frown:
Monday; 9 - 4
Tuesday; 1 - 5
Wednesday; 9 - 2
Thursday; 9 - 4
Friday; 11 - 2
Basically means I have to be in uni for at least 26 hours a week

Studying ?
And how do u lot find your timetables?
Im 1st year starting next week
Original post by dahl786
Studying ?
And how do u lot find your timetables?
Im 1st year starting next week

I study chemistry at Leeds :smile:
It's very similar to my first year timetable, and I actually found it out when I was picking my modules for this year
Reply 31
Original post by iElvendork
I study chemistry at Leeds :smile:
It's very similar to my first year timetable, and I actually found it out when I was picking my modules for this year

i remember my chemistry teacher in sixth form why would anyone want to study chemistry at uni, and we had 4 students applying for that course...everyone was thinking how rude !!
Original post by dahl786
i remember my chemistry teacher in sixth form why would anyone want to study chemistry at uni, and we had 4 students applying for that course...everyone was thinking how rude !!

:O they sound mean! I actually like my course, I like that its busy, and I have a varied timetable; labs, lectures, workshops and tutorials.
And actually chemistry can lead to a lot of careers because of the diverse skills you learn, I know people that go into law and accountancy including teaching and further study
I had classes on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, studying at the library on Saturday and I volunteered (through my Uni) on a Tuesday! The three weekdays of classes were typically from about 9 or 10 to 2 or 3 in the afternoon (except for the one class going until 4pm in term 1). I was pretty much busy everyday except Sunday and Monday! This year (my 3rd) is pretty much the same except on Wednesday I only have one class at 10-11am. Friday I'm on from 9-5 though, so that is going to be my worst day!
I had 8 hours contact time a week, less than first year by a few hours. I had more free time but that led to more procrastination :tongue:
Reply 35
a lot better than in my first year. first term i have 2 lectures monday, one on tuesday, 2 on wednesday with the afternoon free, and one on thursday and friday free. out of all of that i only have 1 9am lecture compared to having around 4 per week last year.
second term i have 3 lectures on monday, tuesday, wednesday and thursday are all free :woo:and then one on friday
I was in 4 days/week in my second year, both semesters. The way my timetable worked out meant that I was in basically all day because there were stupid gaps in between classes that weren't long enough to go home but too long to be hanging around for.

Original post by AmyPilot
On average it's going to be:

10-3 Monday
9-5 Tuesday
Free on Wednesday
Placements on Thursday
Friday afternoon lectures

No rest for the wicked!

No rest? You've got a half day on a Monday, a Wednesday off and a Friday morning off. Obviously a lot of that should be spent doing work, but still, you're only in for a little over half the week.
I'm starting first year engineering and on Monday's it's 9am - 7pm... Fml

Posted from TSR Mobile excuse my typos
Reply 38
Original post by bigboateng
I'm starting first year engineering and on Monday's it's 9am - 7pm... Fml

How did you find out ?
Original post by dahl786
How did you find out ?

My timetable

Quick Reply