The Student Room Group

Will I get in?

Okay, so I passed all of my GCSEs, however not a single one was an A. Im doing Maths, Economics, Politics and Biology at A-level - is there a chance a uni will let me in to do Economics?
Reply 1
Original post by PityParty
Okay, so I passed all of my GCSEs, however not a single one was an A. Im doing Maths, Economics, Politics and Biology at A-level - is there a chance a uni will let me in to do Economics?

Yes, but quite honestly it's less likely to be a Russell Group or top-tier university. But your AS level results will be even more important. Unis pay less attention to GCSEs.

GCSEs are done and over. Work damn hard at your A-Levels.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by nucdev
Yes, but quite honestly it's less likely to be a Russell Group or top-tier university. But your AS level results will be even more important. Unis pay less attention to GCSEs.

GCSEs are done and over. Work damn hard at your A-Levels.

Thanks, Ive done some research and UCL need GCSE maths,English and a language at a C min
A* (must be in maths) AA
but due to competition what is my likelihood?
Reply 3
Thanks, Ive done some research and UCL need GCSE maths,English and a language at a C min
A* (must be in maths) AA

Well, put it this way, if they get a candidate with the same sort of AS results, personal statements which are equally good and similar sorts of extracurricular activities, then they will probably look at GCSEs.

But quite honestly your best bet is to make sure you do really well at A-Levels and write a cracking personal statement.
A* (must be in maths) AA

unlikely unless you get pretty much all As at AS

Quick Reply

Latest