The Student Room Group

I hate being black

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
I swear instagram is slowly killing the world, serious lol.
Reply 61
And I hate **** like this if any of you have seen it? https://www.reddit.com/r/amiugly
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by amoham
Nothing really, being in Leicester which is like 90% Asian, majority are light skin Asian. I sometimes get some stick but its all harmless banter

Posted from TSR Mobile

What kind of "stick?"
Reply 63
Original post by ConstantlyStressed
I hate my hair
I hate my skin colour
I want to change, but I know i shouldn't I thought I was going through a bad spell of feeling ugly, but this has been lasting for such a long time.

How do i overcome this. please. every time i go out i see girls who are lighter skinned, who are skinnier, who have silkier, longer prettier hair, and i wonder how the **** am i ever going to find someone who loves me for me.

I'm in my feelings, I know. Late nights got me feeling extra emotional.

It's not you, it's the media, trust me because the more the media shows a specific woman, the more young children and adults start seeing it as the only type of beauty. The media needs to start showing women of different races, skin, hair and men too, the more people will start appreciating a more diverse type of beauty, you'll see the idea of beauty change because it's really almost like brainwashing, they keep showing one standard and soon people start believing its the only standard.

People's preferences mature and grow. Start to see the beauty within yourself.

i don't want to sound corny but no one is ugly unless they have a bad character, someone's personality can make them ugly.

I could tell you to learn to love yourself but i don't think that can happen unless you start seeing yourself differently. Your self esteem is in your own hands dear,
Black is beautiful, there are many people like myself who appreciate black beauty, inside and out, including the most influential people to have torn apart injustice power structures.
A woman who you see as 'beautiful' may be unhappy, beauty isn't everything, and beauty differs to person to person, not every one finds fair skin, silky hair beautiful, we all have preferences.
Change the way you see yourself :smile:
Don't. Ive got a crush on this black girl on my chemistry class in sixth form. My brother Is also dating a black girl. We're south East Asians. Don't worry okay. I'm sure you're amazing and beautiful.
Reply 65
wow im baffled :facepalm:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 66
Original post by Cherie Amour
What kind of "stick?"

Stick for being black, Its the only thing they got on Me, but most of the time they joke about it being a good thing lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ConstantlyStressed
I hate my hair
I hate my skin colour
I want to change, but I know i shouldn't.I thought I was going through a bad spell of feeling ugly, but this has been lasting for such a long time.

How do i overcome this. please. every time i go out i see girls who are lighter skinned, who are skinnier, who have silkier, longer prettier hair, and i wonder how the **** am i ever going to find someone who loves me for me.

I'm in my feelings, I know. Late nights got me feeling extra emotional.

Please someone tell me if this is fake. If this is real, you are a joke of a black person and should be ashamed. I'm black and I love my hair, love my heritage I have nothing to be ashamed about.

Firstly, if you hate being black so much - then go and buy some bleaching cream and wear a weave that gives you the long, silkier "prettier" hair you desire. While you're at it, get some plastic surgery to hide all your black features. If you wanna be skinny then lose weight.

And about how no one will ever love you cause you're black is stupid. Love has nothing to do with race.

I can't stand insecure people, especially insecurities about race - you better be a troll
There will always be someone who appears prettier, smarter, richer. Just focus on yourself. You're beautiful and you need to look at yourself and tell yourself that daily. Look in the mirror, say it and believe it or else no one else will believe it either.
Babes i bet you're secretly a sexy mofo, please stop looking in the mirror and imagining a white girl in your place, that standard is not for you. If you aren't a troll, here me out....
Us black people are opposites to white people in terms of melanin, hair and other characteristics, We are no better nor worse than them. Just different. I think i'm beautiful, because i fit the beauty standards for where i come from, If i were to compare my looks to some blonde girl with blue eyes or brunette with long curls i would think i was ugly.
And I've come to notice that if you look at your parents, ancestors even you'll realise that even if you are friggin ugly that you're only ugly because they found love.
But i bet you're not, high cheek bones, a gorgeous afro, the kind of skin that glows during summer rather than burns etc. is the standard you need to look up to.
Look at east asia, their obsession with looking white is toxic and guess what, their skin colour closer matches the colour white than europeans, difference is, they can dye their hair blond and wear contacts and get away with it (maybe not but may be easier for them).
Chin up x
(You best not be a troll)
(edited 8 years ago)
Reading this made me sad.
This is really sad :frown: sweetheart you're beautiful don't say these things! I know that white is made out to be the ideal it isn't it's just different there are lots of people out there who will find you beautiful. Please don't feel like this!
Original post by Numan786
It goes much deeper than this. Have you ever asked yourself why white culture is all this fine dining and sophistication? and then black culture is portrayed as hoods and gangsta raps and its all sexualised?

At least your culture is not portrayed as having many wives, blowing **** up, starting civil wars, beheading people, stoning gays etc :lol:

What if they are a black muslim ?Would that mean they get the worst of both worlds when it comes to stereotypes ?
Reply 74
Be happy that you're healthy.

I'm 99% sure that a person who is bound to a wheelchair for the rest of his/her life would take any skin color if it meant that they could walk again and do typical, every day things that an average person does.
Original post by Kadak
What if they are a black muslim ?Would that mean they get the worst of both worlds when it comes to stereotypes ?

Hmmm you could say so, but I don't think so. They'll just assume black culture with black muslims I think. Just as they'd assume white culture for a white muslim. I think they depict anyone brown as some sort of nut job extremist who can behead them at any second.
You should accept who you are. This is how you look and there's nothing you can do to change that. Someone will love you and accept you for who you are. You are worth so much more than you think and you are more beautiful than you know. BE YOURSELF ;()
Reply 77
Original post by Geniekittie
If you're fair skinned you want to be darker skinned

Does any white really want that?
Original post by demx9
Does any white really want that?

Have you seen how dark white people try to get through sunbeds and tan? I've known many people saying how jealous they are.
Reply 79
I feel this is someone that isnt really black and theyre slyly tryna be racist, but if this is genuine you should be ashamed of yourself, fair enough if ur feeling depressed about ur appearance and what not but this is defo not the right way to address ur issues. there's other black girls who dont feel the same as u and would feel disrespected by this post, ive seen a lot of beautiful black girls about & I dont feel much sympathy for u for the way u handled this

FURTHERMORE How the hell did my last post get declined? meanwhile this girl can make racist reckless statements pls let me kno:curious:??

Quick Reply

Latest