The Student Room Group

Is it worth moving Sixth Form?

I have started at a sixth form but I'm not sure I like it, although I have only been there for three days. I havent clicked with anyone there and don't feel I will make many if any friends at all, also you still get treated like you're a child in school, you aren't given much freedom.The results are quite good there.

However there is another college which I really like the look of and I feel that my grades could be fairly good if I tried hard and I feel my social life would be much better.

What would you recommend I do? Will I have fallen behind on too much work?
Reply 1
I'd say put your head down and work all year at your current sixth form. If there's nothing wrong with you you'll make friends eventually.
Reply 2
Original post by Asurat
I'd say put your head down and work all year at your current sixth form. If there's nothing wrong with you you'll make friends eventually.

I dont think that I will do great in an environment where I dont feel comfortable...
Stay. 3 days is hardly any time at all!
Original post by CSL123
I have started at a sixth form but I'm not sure I like it, although I have only been there for three days. I havent clicked with anyone there and don't feel I will make many if any friends at all, also you still get treated like you're a child in school, you aren't given much freedom.The results are quite good there.

However there is another college which I really like the look of and I feel that my grades could be fairly good if I tried hard and I feel my social life would be much better.

What would you recommend I do? Will I have fallen behind on too much work?

It's unlikely there'll be a place now and some of the courses you want may be full.
Reply 5
Original post by seaholme
Stay. 3 days is hardly any time at all!

What happens if I really hate it but its too late?
Reply 6
Original post by Muttley79
It's unlikely there'll be a place now and some of the courses you want may be full.

I do have a place at the college and my courses arent full...
Original post by CSL123
I do have a place at the college and my courses arent full...

Are you sure; have you checked today?
Better late than never? :tongue: It's a gamble tbh, but if you feel you'd enjoy yourself more there then try out. Work hard, play hard. Much simples.
Reply 9
Original post by Muttley79
Are you sure; have you checked today?

I'm 100% sure, I have already enrolled there
Reply 10
Original post by Imperion
Better late than never? :tongue: It's a gamble tbh, but if you feel you'd enjoy yourself more there then try out. Work hard, play hard. Much simples.

I guess so! :smile:
Enjoyment doesnt always mean good A levels. If you trust yourself to work equally as hard then i would say the college is the best bet
Reply 12
Original post by A level sufferer
Enjoyment doesnt always mean good A levels. If you trust yourself to work equally as hard then i would say the college is the best bet

I do trust myself to work hard and the a level results are only slightly better at the college
Judging by your comments it seems like you've already made up your mind? :wink:
Original post by CSL123
What happens if I really hate it but its too late?

The possibility that you might come to regret a decision is part of every single decision you will ever make in life. Equally you could go to this other school and hate it and it might be too late to switch back. Everything you ever pick generates its own 'what if', that's part of the risk of taking a big decision.

The idea you'll have settled in and found all your friends within 3 days is not realistic, I would not advise anybody to use that as a reason to leave anywhere! Unless you live in a Hollywood film, that's not how life works, it takes a lot longer to meet and make good friends. You can't possibly know that you'll never have any good friends or ever settle in having turned up on just a few occasions. Nor do you have any guarantee that this will magically happen at some other school if you joined them all late.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by CSL123
I'm 100% sure, I have already enrolled there

How can you enrol at two colleges? That is not allowed as both will be claiming for you ...

Quick Reply

Latest