The Student Room Group

Is there a danger that bored,rebellious teens might see islam as 'cool'?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by holmes221
I can imagine you are kept in a white room like a battery hen till you are ready at breeding age where you will be forced by your husband to spawn more religiously brainwashed children :frown: Thats how it sounds

personal attacks :s-smilie:
don't make your argument stronger. It's not healthy or good for you to live the lifestyle i described. its hollow without great meaning.
Original post by holmes221
I can imagine you are kept in a white room like a battery hen till you are ready at breeding age where you will be forced by your husband to spawn more religiously brainwashed children :frown: Thats how it sounds

Bahaha 😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MJlover
don't make your argument stronger. It's not healthy or good for you to live the lifestyle i described. its hollow without great meaning.

And your opinion on how others live their lives is hollow without great meaning to us. It's their choice, not yours, unlike your religion, which was the choice of your parents unless you converted under your own FREE WILL.

And as a matter of fact, rebelling can be anything. Not just drink, partying and drugs, which arguably aren't bad in careful moderation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Everyone should follow the flying spaghetti, cause religion is a joke
Original post by Moonstruck16

And as a matter of fact, rebelling can be anything. Not just drink, partying and drugs, which arguably aren't bad in careful moderation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quite my rebelling was to go to university rather than following in my farther footsteps and taking on the 'son' part of his business
Original post by BaconandSauce
Quite my rebelling was to go to university rather than following in my farther footsteps and taking on the 'son' part of his business

Exactly. My rebelling was to move away from myhome town and go to university in London to study the course of my choosing. It was the best decision I've ever made, even though I had to go through grief after telling my parents my plans.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bacon is the dream 10/10 ign

pros:
- taste good
- good for u
- everyone likes it

cons:
-there arnt any
Original post by notfake69
Everyone should follow the flying spaghetti, cause religion is a joke

Yes u do that follow the spaghetti, huh and religion is a joke mate your a joke.
Exactly. My rebelling was to move away from myhome town and go to university in London to study the course of my choosing. It was the best decision I've ever made, even though I had to go through grief after telling my parents my plans.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sadly those who make these comments have no idea what it's like in the UK. They live in closed communities kept in place with fear and the threat of violence if they step out of line.

They are lied to by their parents and by their community to keep them in line which is really rather sad and very dehumanising for them as they will never get to experience life in the UK as they have a right to do.
Original post by Waqar Khanny
Yes u do that follow the spaghetti, huh and religion is a joke mate your a joke.

better spaghetti than the moon

at least if you're in dire straights you can actually eat the spaghetti
better spaghetti than the moon

at least if you're in dire straights you can actually eat the spaghetti

Ok , you people can follow the spaghetti, let's se how that guides you in life
Original post by Waqar Khanny
Ok , you people can follow the spaghetti, let's se how that guides you in life

Yes we shall

We can see how well your god has done for you so anything would be better,
And your opinion on how others live their lives is hollow without great meaning to us. It's their choice, not yours, unlike your religion, which was the choice of your parents unless you converted under your own FREE WILL.

Posted from TSR Mobile

and how are you any different? you made a comment on how I live my life. little did you know that my parents forced me into nothing, i learnt about Islam by myself, even my brother left Islam for Christianity and my parents did nothing.

nothing was hollow about what i said, its the truth that rebellion by drink and drugs (not that u can't rebel in other ways, that's just how rebellion is typified in the west) is worthless and non-productive and doesn't really rebel against the status quo.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by MJlover
that's just how rebellion is typified in the west

Yes. Usually by those who have no idea of what it's actually like to be from the west or part of it for that matter

But as we know ignorance is bliss
Yes. Usually by those who have no idea of what it's actually like to be from the west or part of it for that matter

But as we know ignorance is bliss

i was born and raised in Europe and have lived in London for most of my life. stop being racist. show me rebellion in other ways, the first thing you can think of. note i said 'typified'.
(edited 8 years ago)
Islam does have a counter-culture appeal.

If you look at the sorts of people who convert to Islam (not those who were born to Muslim families) they're either junkies who need to have their discipline and direction in life enforced, or schizotypal weirdos who never go to parties or get girls who have developed this sense that partying and girls is a bad thing.

Even Sayyid Qutb, the main founding theorist behind Al Qaeda, claimed he never married because he could never find a woman of satisfactory 'moral purity and discretion'
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by The Free Radical
Islam does have a counter-culture appeal.

If you look at the sorts of people who convert to Islam (not those who were born to Muslim families) they're either junkies who need to have their discipline and direction in life enforced, or schizotypal weirdos who never go to parties or get girls who have developed this sense that partying and girls is a bad thing.

Even Sayyid Qutb, the main founding theorist behind Al Qaeda, claimed he never married because he could never find a woman of satisfactory 'moral purity and discretion'

yeah cos thats the pinnacle of living a social life!
Original post by MJlover

Don't start with that worn out cliché, MJ, that "all people in the West do drugs, drink and have sex all day" because all of us here know that's not true. We don't need Islam to have a meaningful, productive life.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Don't start with that worn out cliché, MJ, that "all people in the West do drugs, drink and have sex all day" because all of us here know that's not true. We don't need Islam to have a meaningful, productive life.

i never said that, people are just going to argue what they want without listening to other people tbh.

I'm saying that is what rebellion is typified as in the west.

But show me actual ways that people rebel against the status quo.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by MJlover
i was born and raised in Europe and have lived in London for most of my life. stop being racist. show me rebellion in other ways, the first thing you can think of. note i said 'typified'.

I've made no mention of race at all so tired old trope as a reply

Rebellion is usually don't your own thing, you know a miners son wanting to become an artist (or visa versa)

Hell I know it's before your parents time in this country but we were making comedy skits about such things in the 70's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPSzPGrazPo&gl=GB&hl=en-GB

But as I say you need to get out more and actually find out what it's like to live in this country rather than your narrow minded little community

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending