The Student Room Group

Im a newbie, an aybody help me ??

hi everyone im a newbie to the student room!! im currently about to start college studying the Access to Higher Education Diploma in Science and I want to study Biomedical Science at university. I will have to make a start on my uni application soon ready to start in Sept 2016..anybody doing the same? I want to go to Staffordshire university. any tips regarding writing my personal statement? or about any of the courses ect. where do I get Access books from? amazon? lol I'll be gratefull for any help or advice tia xx
Original post by emma5324
hi everyone im a newbie to the student room!! im currently about to start college studying the Access to Higher Education Diploma in Science and I want to study Biomedical Science at university. I will have to make a start on my uni application soon ready to start in Sept 2016..anybody doing the same? I want to go to Staffordshire university. any tips regarding writing my personal statement? or about any of the courses ect. where do I get Access books from? amazon? lol I'll be gratefull for any help or advice tia xx

Hey Emma, I'd suggest taking a look at out PS Builder, which is pretty damn useful http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/personal_statement_help#navapply

Also, if you are interested in Staffordshire, then their Rep on TSR is super useful and will be able to help.

Good Luck
Paul
Reply 2
Original post by Paulwyn
Hey Emma, I'd suggest taking a look at out PS Builder, which is pretty damn useful http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/personal_statement_help#navapply

Also, if you are interested in Staffordshire, then their Rep on TSR is super useful and will be able to help.

Good Luck
Paul

thankyou I will have a look now :smile:
Your PS should mainly be about your interest in the subject and why you want to study it at uni.
Original post by emma5324

Heya,

It's super exciting to see you're thinking about Staffs. I'm the official rep for the uni on TSR so if you've got any questions feel free to ask me. You can also check out our FAQ on the site and come say hello in 2016 entry applicants thread to meet other applicants. :smile:

Your personal statement should be about why you want to study that course at university and what interests you about it, what you'd like to get out of the degree, and any relevant work you have relating to the course. You need to make sure it's backed up by examples of things you've done that have made you passionate about the subject. :h:

Hope that helps - if you need any more advice let me know! Good luck with your application :smile:

Katie
Reply 5
thanks everyone...x
Reply 6
Original post by Staffordshire University
Heya,

It's super exciting to see you're thinking about Staffs. I'm the official rep for the uni on TSR so if you've got any questions feel free to ask me. You can also check out our FAQ on the site and come say hello in 2016 entry applicants thread to meet other applicants. :smile:

Your personal statement should be about why you want to study that course at university and what interests you about it, what you'd like to get out of the degree, and any relevant work you have relating to the course. You need to make sure it's backed up by examples of things you've done that have made you passionate about the subject. :h:

Hope that helps - if you need any more advice let me know! Good luck with your application :smile:

Katie

hi Katie, thankyou for your reply...I will have a look at that thread now 😊 😊
Hi Emma,
I am going into my final year of a Biology BSc (Hons) degree at Staffordshire University so i may be able to offer you some help regarding your chosen course; Biomedical Science.
My Module choices means that i study alongside the Biomedical students on a regular basis therefore i know a lot about the course!
I am also an Academic rep for this area so i get to know about student satisfaction etc.

If you have any specific questions regarding the course feel free to ask me.

I have also wrote a blog regarding studying biology subjects at Staffordshire University which may help you out...

https://blogs.staffs.ac.uk/studentjosh/2015/03/16/biology-courses-at-staffs/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending