The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Computer Science

Anyone studying 1st year Computer Science in September?

Scroll to see replies

Hi

Yes I'm doing computer science, have you found anyone else who is yet? Which accommodation are you in? I'm in the Paul Kent one.
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 2
Hey! Yep i'm studying computer science.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I am
Cool, you all looking forward to it? How 'good' would you say you are at it because personally I haven't done any IT orientated subjects but have played around a fair bit at home
What uni are you going to ?
Reply 6
Original post by MCooper97
Cool, you all looking forward to it? How 'good' would you say you are at it because personally I haven't done any IT orientated subjects but have played around a fair bit at home

I'm looking forward to it and i've done ICT but I feel like it's not really relevant to computer science. And i know nothing about programming. I planned on looking into it in the summer but I practically wasted my holidays doing nothing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kmahz
I'm looking forward to it and i've done ICT but I feel like it's not really relevant to computer science. And i know nothing about programming. I planned on looking into it in the summer but I practically wasted my holidays doing nothing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep, im pretty much in the same boat, was going to look at tutorials online but never really got round to it tbh.. at least we're kind of in the same position, i'm sure they're not expecting us to know too much?
Reply 8
Yep, im pretty much in the same boat, was going to look at tutorials online but never really got round to it tbh.. at least we're kind of in the same position, i'm sure they're not expecting us to know too much?

At least i'm not alone. And i've heard first yr is chilled back with basics and the second and third are intense. That's just based on what i've heard. Btw which hall are u staying at?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kmahz
At least i'm not alone. And i've heard first yr is chilled back with basics and the second and third are intense. That's just based on what i've heard. Btw which hall are u staying at?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I've heard that, should be alright then. I'm staying at the Paul Kent Hall, would have stayed at Wheatley but didnt really like the idea of non ensuite and catered rooms.. Just hope the buses are good enough! What about you?
Reply 10
Yeah I've heard that, should be alright then. I'm staying at the Paul Kent Hall, would have stayed at Wheatley but didnt really like the idea of non ensuite and catered rooms.. Just hope the buses are good enough! What about you?

You're so lucky! I'm at Crescent Hall and I have to share bathrooms. I'll probably get used to it but i would gave preferred a ensuite tbh. And yep i really hope the buses are real good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kmahz
You're so lucky! I'm at Crescent Hall and I have to share bathrooms. I'll probably get used to it but i would gave preferred a ensuite tbh. And yep i really hope the buses are real good.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah did you want Paul Kent? Yeah i felt the same but i think you'll get used to it, you'll probably get along with people better if you're sharing the same facilities! I went up there today and it looks like you're just down the road from me so we'll be getting the same bus! :P
Reply 12
Ah did you want Paul Kent? Yeah i felt the same but i think you'll get used to it, you'll probably get along with people better if you're sharing the same facilities! I went up there today and it looks like you're just down the road from me so we'll be getting the same bus! :P

Paul Kent was my first option but because i'm an insurance choice student they gave me anything. But then again a lot of insurance students didn't even get a place in halls. I was lucky. Btw have you already moved into halls? And cool, same bus, same course :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kmahz
Paul Kent was my first option but because i'm an insurance choice student they gave me anything. But then again a lot of insurance students didn't even get a place in halls. I was lucky. Btw have you already moved into halls? And cool, same bus, same course :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh damn that sucks, at least you got a place though, I doubt any halls will be too bad! Nope I moved my stuff there yesterday but not actually moving in until Sunday.
Reply 14
Oh damn that sucks, at least you got a place though, I doubt any halls will be too bad! Nope I moved my stuff there yesterday but not actually moving in until Sunday.

I'm moving in on Sunday to. Btw what fresher events are you planning on attending?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kmahz
I'm moving in on Sunday to. Btw what fresher events are you planning on attending?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No idea tbh, was going to buy a few individual tickets since i missed the time to get a wrist band but i dont mind too much aboit missing a few. What about you, did you get the wristband?
Reply 16
No idea tbh, was going to buy a few individual tickets since i missed the time to get a wrist band but i dont mind too much aboit missing a few. What about you, did you get the wristband?

Nope no wristband, i was just going to get individual tickets depending on what i wanted to go to

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kmahz
Nope no wristband, i was just going to get individual tickets depending on what i wanted to go to

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep thats pretty much what I'm doing, are you waiting until you get there or buying them before you go? I dont want them to sell out but at the same time I don't want to get completely different ones to people in my accommodation.. :/
Reply 18
Yep thats pretty much what I'm doing, are you waiting until you get there or buying them before you go? I dont want them to sell out but at the same time I don't want to get completely different ones to people in my accommodation.. :/

I'll probably buy them when I get there and i've heard chances of them selling out is low

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kmahz
I'll probably buy them when I get there and i've heard chances of them selling out is low

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah fair enough, some events have sold out so i might just buy them when i can, i hope you manage to get yours! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest