The Student Room Group

Queens and UU Social work applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Any other Belfast met students having difficulty selecting a course from the drop down list? None showing so I can't go further with application
Original post by Nicoh88
Tammy you sound a lot like me,way to much partying the first time lol :smile:

God yes. Left home at 18, went to Edinburgh and had a ball. How I managed a 2:1 i'll never know.

Faffing about with an arts degree (jornalism) at that age was good for the soul.
Hey everyone, I'm a second year in the 3 year degree at Magee. I'm on placement at the minute! If anyone has any questions, ask away cause I know I had at this time last year!
Congrats to everyone with offers :smile:
I had a similar problem with NISCC and their website kept crashing on me. I rang niscc and they emailed me a hard cope of the forms which I am to return in the same envelope as the forms QUB sent.

Just wondering, I know we need birth certificate sent, but any other documents? And also how much is the payment?
No info on either on hard copy of forms.
Original post by hea0602
I had a similar problem with NISCC and their website kept crashing on me. I rang niscc and they emailed me a hard cope of the forms which I am to return in the same envelope as the forms QUB sent.

Just wondering, I know we need birth certificate sent, but any other documents? And also how much is the payment?
Hi the registration fee is 20 pounds and we also need a copy of our passport or driving license and birth certificate but dont worry queens will help us fill it out if we are struggling
Original post by waveydavey!
You will be in good company because I went to uni in the 90's when there were no fees, you got grants and essays were handed in on paper and we never used computers. This digital stuff is great, much less time consuming. Also the Internet is great for info etc. We are going to have a great time, I'm so excited!!

You've just made my day! Thought I was the only one who remembers those days of paper and pens, lol!
Original post by anne12345
You've just made my day! Thought I was the only one who remembers those days of paper and pens, lol!
I bought a file block today, then I wonderd if students take notes in lectures or just let their mobiles record it and translate to text!!! Feeling like a dinosaur!!
Original post by hea0602

I filled in a paper copy cause site crashed. I uploaded it after logging in to the site along with a copy of my passport etc. I paid the fee online but it took ages to process it and I got 8 emails to thank me for payment. Just hope 8 sets of 20 quid aren't coming out of my account! Got registration number so ready to go x
Is anyone going to the Mature student family day on 19th ?
I was the only social work student at the nature day last week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got word today i got accepted onto three year at queens so am all excited, whats the mature family day lilyshea i would be interested in going

Bernie xx
Original post by Bernief
Just got word today i got accepted onto three year at queens so am all excited, whats the mature family day lilyshea i would be interested in going

Bernie xx

If you Facebook search. QUB WELCOME 15

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lilyshea
If you Facebook search. QUB WELCOME 15

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks lilyshea im gonna go to that event, are you?? Xx
I'm not sure. I probably will head up. Not sure if I'll bring kids r not. I imagine it'd b hard to settle

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bernief

Bernie xx

Congratulations Bernie!! I am delighted for you!
Original post by anne12345
Congratulations Bernie!! I am delighted for you!

Thanks anne i was all excited and so happy to get the call xx
Original post by Lilyshea
I'm not sure. I probably will head up. Not sure if I'll bring kids r not. I imagine it'd b hard to settle

Posted from TSR Mobile

If your there i will see you, im gonna bring my older kids to it they are 11 and 8, sounds like it will be a good wee day xx
Original post by Bernief
Thanks anne i was all excited and so happy to get the call xx

im so pleased for you bernie well done x
Original post by khutchinson06
im so pleased for you bernie well done x

Thanks khutchinson i am delighted, really am so excited and nervous all rolled into one lol xx
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Bernief
If your there i will see you, im gonna bring my older kids to it they are 11 and 8, sounds like it will be a good wee day xx
ahhh I can't go that day! Think my kids would have loved it too!!

Quick Reply

Latest