The Student Room Group

Quitting a job without a job lined up

Seriously tempted to right now. Just reached an impossible point.
Reply 1
I feel the same

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've done it twice and both times I've been fine - not immediately, but I've eventually found work again. Your sanity is worth more than your wages.
Reply 3
Tell me about it, I want to punch my manager in the face so bad.
Reply 4
I did this at the start of 2014 last year, and I have to say whilst it was the best choice I made in my life that kick started me being productive it wasn't the most smartest thing to do with nothing lined up on the short-term.

From a financial point of view it was a stupid decision even if I had money saved up but from a health and mental well-being it was the best thing to do. I think you have to weigh up your consequences really.

It took me about 6 months to find a proper job (office based and not retail but not bashing retail!) after quitting so that;s something to bear in mind; and honestly, after a week or two off you'll start to get extremely bored and ponder what you're going to do with life!

Wish you all the best with your decision but don't rush it!
Thanks guys for the reply glad I'm not the only one. Everything is just so ****. The drama, the games that they play.

My health feels like it's suffering for it. Just at a breaking point. I feel it's better if I quit than if I lose myself. I have no money lined up except an OU grant that will come in next month. I have an interview tomorrow morning. Let's hope I ace this.
Original post by Spinnerette
Thanks guys for the reply glad I'm not the only one. Everything is just so ****. The drama, the games that they play.

My health feels like it's suffering for it. Just at a breaking point. I feel it's better if I quit than if I lose myself. I have no money lined up except an OU grant that will come in next month. I have an interview tomorrow morning. Let's hope I ace this.

Curious, where do you wokr and what forms does the drama take?
Original post by Hashim123
Curious, where do you wokr and what forms does the drama take?

i've had enough i just wanna walk out.
(edited 8 years ago)
Like **** stirring, b*tching, hot and cold from manager, favouritism, she will suddenly turn on you, always lays into me, everything's a negative. i just can't stay. i'll say it's a coffee chain shop. i'm full time barista key holder. everyones on edge around her.

i've had enough i just wanna walk out.

Wow, I can see how that could get unbearable. It's funny, every time I walk past the Costa and Starbucks areas in the local shopping centre they look like the, quaintest coolest places to work. :lol:
Original post by Hashim123
Wow, I can see how that could get unbearable. It's funny, every time I walk past the Costa and Starbucks areas in the local shopping centre they look like the, quaintest coolest places to work. :lol:

It may be lol. But not this shop.
I wanted to do that many times.
Seriously tempted to right now. Just reached an impossible point.

Is this a part time job while at uni or a full time job?
Original post by lachachacha
Is this a part time job while at uni or a full time job?

a full time job.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending