The Student Room Group

Meeting uni entry requirements but not predicted grades

Today I was told that even if I meet entry requirements for my uni, if I dont meet the predicted grades that my school set me, the uni will reject me. So the uni I want to go to want ABB, my predicted grades are AAB, apparently AAB then becomes the entry requirements- is this true?
Reply 1
Nope. Whatever the university normally requires then that's the offer you'll be given and have to meet. Regardless of what you're predicted.

Some sites will say they require AAA - ABB which means that ABB, their minimum required grade, is what they'll offer you.
Reply 2
Original post by HenryKenry
Today I was told that even if I meet entry requirements for my uni, if I dont meet the predicted grades that my school set me, the uni will reject me. So the uni I want to go to want ABB, my predicted grades are AAB, apparently AAB then becomes the entry requirements- is this true?

That seems ridiculous! If the uni offers you a conditional offer for ABB, as long as you get this on results day, even if you were predicted higher grades, they have to accept you. Their offer is conditional on you meeting the grades they state not what you're predicted. At least that's how it normally works and did so this year for me and my friends. I doubt they would change their entry requirements specifically for each applicant but I don't know?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest